ImageImageImage

Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: Harden to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#721 » by Edug27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 am

Kemba For Three wrote:My guess is KD always wanted Harden for a while and it might have pissed Kyrie off and made him jealous.

We will see how this works out.

My guess is both KD and Kyrie have good relationships with Harden and pushed the front office to make this move.. and Harden knew exactly what he needed to do to facilitate the trade.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,844

Post#722 » by Bar Fight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

I can't be the only one who just wants Robert Williams III to be the starting center. I'm fine without Allen, Wood, Drummond, etc. I just wish Brad would start the Timelord.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,394

Post#723 » by K For Three » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

Edug27 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:My guess is KD always wanted Harden for a while and it might have pissed Kyrie off and made him jealous.

My guess is both KD and Kyrie have good relationships with Harden and pushed the front office to make this move.. and Harden knew exactly what he needed to do to facilitate the trade.

Maybe. Time will tell, I have not been analyzing these dudes like I once did so who knows anymore.

Just sounds like Kyrie is kinda getting weirder and weirder though.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#724 » by Disinformation » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:38 am

What a fun league these superstar players have created. Might as well contract to ~10 teams so all the stars can play with their friends. Just make sure they've all got nice weather and/or good night life.

:roll:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,238

Post#725 » by djFan71 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
klemen4 wrote:Terrible, terrible return for Houston:
- all 4, first round picks will be in 25-30. Range
- pick swaps will not happen because BRK will be a better team in next 6 years
- Oladipo probably bolts to Miami or Dallas in summer.

Once again terrible deal for Houston imo.

- great move by Pacers and Cleveland.

And BRK goes to finals, impossible to stop such offensive firepower of durant/harden/kyrie + harris

I've thought about it. Houston was boxed in, but I'm with you. What is the centerpiece asset here? 2 of those picks are almost guaranteed to suck (Nets and Bucks 2022). The first pick swap already super unlikely (Nets 2021). Rockets are set to be terrible for a while, and would be lucky to even get one of the other three swaps. And the 3 other Nets FRPs are Houston betting against two MVPs plus Kyrie, on a team willing to eat lux tax pain.

With Harden taking a flamethrower to his own trade value, I think you do it anyway, due to the at-bats theory where enough trips to the plate eventually result in a home run, but it is entirely possible that Houston doesn't even get a top 25 pick out of this.

That's bruuuuutal.

Yep. Even if they somehow get a top 3 pick, the chances they hit even to Jays level is low, imo. They could as easily end up with Okafor type instead. More likely, you traded Harden for Nesmith, Pritchard, Langford, Grant Williams, Robert Williams , Yabusele, Zizic and Rozier.

Flipping to get Dipo instead of LeVert was slick, though. He at least has potential to be a top tier guy if fully recovered to his one-season as a good player form.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#726 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Maybe. Time will tell, I have not been analyzing these dudes like I once did so who knows anymore.

Yeah idk Kyrie being a 3rd option doesn't seem like something he'd be too into.

We'll see if Kyrie returns from his sabatical now that they got Harden. If the reports of him being pissed at the Nets are true, I don't think he will anytime soon.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#727 » by jmr07019 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 am

I'm guessing it works for at least a year probably 2 but then they break up when they all have opt outs in the same offseason.
Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#728 » by jmr07019 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 am

Parliament10 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kyrie back to his old antics, huh?

Old antics? More like business as usual lol
Show Love Spread Love
Edug27
RealGM

Post#729 » by Edug27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Yup. And KD is a pretty weird dude as well. So they get along well.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#730 » by Edug27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Yeah idk Kyrie being a 3rd option doesn't seem like something he'd be too into.

We'll see if Kyrie returns from his sabatical now that they got Harden. If the reports of him being pissed at the Nets are true, I don't think he will anytime soon.

Kemba will be the 3rd option here going forward as well most likely. And still get a ton of shots and points.

BK put together a team like we’ve never quite seen. 3 elite scorers who all need the ball in their hands. Let’s see how it plays out. Boston actually might be the closest type team with Tatum, Brown and Kemba. Though I’m sure calling Brown elite may be a bit premature.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,243

Post#731 » by itrsteve » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 am

jmr07019 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kyrie back to his old antics, huh?

Old antics? More like business as usual lol

I still do not understand the content of that tweet. “If need be”, if need be what?

Edug27 wrote:BK put together a team like we’ve never quite seen. 3 elite scorers who all need the ball in their hands. Let’s see how it plays out. Boston actually might be the closest type team with Tatum, Brown and Kemba. Though I’m sure calling Brown elite may be a bit premature.

Let’s not overlook Joe Harris, he’s going to get a lot of wide open looks.

It’ll be a neat experiment for sure.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#732 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:KD signs with warriors ; “there’s only 1 ball to go around it won’t work”
Kawhi to raptors ; “ they are playoff underachievers he hasn’t played for a year and he wants out of SA?!?!? Red flaaaaaags”
AD traded to lakers “he’s oft injured never won a thing empty stats guy”
Nets form a super team “but their bench and back up bigs suck”

Guys the only thing stopping them from walking into the finals is massive toxicity. Which there is a real chance of but if that’s not there they are gonna run through teams- weak defense or not.

Those picks swaps may not even happen so essentially there’s a chance of it being 3 dog **** picks. Talk yourself into timelines and all this other stuff all you want but the nets just landed harden and got not 1 centerpiece back and that’s ridiculous

The reality is on paper u see 4 picks and 4 swaps but after looking into them there’s really good chances that those picks suck. Houston got dog **** and can’t help but think if kemba was healthy if we could have somehow flipped him and got involved and kept brown.

Relax my friend.

With Harden I kind of turned on him lately seeing his fat lazy ass out there.

I am sort of getting sick and tired of these egomaniacs in the NBA dictating their futures/holding franchises hostage and acting like they are the center of the universe. I am not going to say I am completely sick of the NBA but I don't think I am rushing to watch it like I was a year ago.

Also Kyrie is ****ing nuts.

I mean yeah hardens a fat ass right now it doesn’t really change the fact that they basically traded him for 4 **** picks and dipo. This is how the nba works now, guys dictate where they wanna go. I’ll be watching the nba and rooting on the Celtics till the day I die.

Nor does it change the narrative about windows and timelines....people are being duped here. It ain’t gonna work out like they think it’s gonna.
Celtics1918
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#733 » by Celtics1918 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:KD signs with warriors ; “there’s only 1 ball to go around it won’t work”
Kawhi to raptors ; “ they are playoff underachievers he hasn’t played for a year and he wants out of SA?!?!? Red flaaaaaags”
AD traded to lakers “he’s oft injured never won a thing empty stats guy”
Nets form a super team “but their bench and back up bigs suck”

Guys the only thing stopping them from walking into the finals is massive toxicity. Which there is a real chance of but if that’s not there they are gonna run through teams- weak defense or not.

Those picks swaps may not even happen so essentially there’s a chance of it being 3 dog **** picks. Talk yourself into timelines and all this other stuff all you want but the nets just landed harden and got not 1 centerpiece back and that’s ridiculous

The reality is on paper u see 4 picks and 4 swaps but after looking into them there’s really good chances that those picks suck. Houston got dog **** and can’t help but think if kemba was healthy if we could have somehow flipped him and got involved and kept brown.

Relax my friend.

With Harden I kind of turned on him lately seeing his fat lazy ass out there.

I am sort of getting sick and tired of these egomaniacs in the NBA dictating their futures/holding franchises hostage and acting like they are the center of the universe. I am not going to say I am completely sick of the NBA but I don't think I am rushing to watch it like I was a year ago.

Also Kyrie is ****ing nuts.

I mean yeah hardens a fat ass right now it doesn’t really change the fact that they basically traded him for 4 **** picks and dipo. This is how the nba works now, guys dictate where they wanna go. I’ll be watching the nba and rooting on the Celtics till the day I die.

Nor does it change the narrative about windows and timelines....people are being duped here. It ain’t gonna work out like they think it’s gonna.

That why I respect Antetokounmpo for staying with
Milwaukee Bucks not many players like him Damian Lillard anymore
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#734 » by GoGreen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 am

Nets are in win now mode, and have zero center depth. Any chance we could finagle a Dinwiddie for Theis trade? Spencer is obvi hurt, but man he'd be real nice down the line and off the bench
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#735 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 am

I'm feeling like Brooklyn could probably trade Kyrie for Westbrook and rename the team "The Brooklyn Thunder", maybe get Scott Brooks to coach. Kyrie could improve Washington by not showing up, they'd still be better than they are with Westbrook.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#736 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:30 am

At this point they don't even need Irving to win a title. Right now Brooklyn is as good as the lakers is were last year. Irving plays there as good as the warriors were during their run.
*Insert witty signature here.*
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Re: Harden toe Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#737 » by captain green » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am

I will add that out of the top ten players in the league. LeBron hate him, Leonard don't like his attitude, harden I hate him, KD soft ass mind, Irving isn't top ten but he thinks he is hate him, ad hate his agency, I like Greek freak but he travels and charges to much and barely hits the 3 but respect he is trying to be a buck for life. Donic is great,Curry great don't like any philly stars love me Lillard , jokic is stiff but hell of a passer. The NBA as a whole is more talented than the past but we know so much about these players today and I have to admit I have little respect for the top tier guys than in the past maybe that's just the world now but those dude in there upper thirty's will be gone soon and we should have Tatum and brown and a third guy( tbnl )step right in to the mix. And I get it top ten is in constant flux but I was basically trying to point out we aren't as far away as we think.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#738 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 am

Edug27 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Yup. And KD is a pretty weird dude as well. So they get along well.

I wouldn’t have said this as a younger man but being older and I guess feeling how precious life is( corny I know) if I was an nba player I would ask my agent if there’s any chance I can be traded away from Brooklyn.
I couldn’t take being around these guys.
Celtics1918
Freshman
And1: 28

Re: Harden toe Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#739 » by Celtics1918 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 am

captain green wrote:I will add that out of the top ten players in the league. LeBron hate him, Leonard don't like his attitude, harden I hate him, KD soft ass mind, Irving isn't top ten but he thinks he is hate him, ad hate his agency, I like Greek freak but he travels and charges to much and barely hits the 3 but respect he is trying to be a buck for life. Donic is great,Curry great don't like any philly stars love me Lillard , jokic is stiff but hell of a passer. The NBA as a whole is more talented than the past but we know so much about these players today and I have to admit I have little respect for the top tier guys than in the past maybe that's just the world now but those dude in there upper thirty's will be gone soon and we should have Tatum and brown and a third guy( tbnl )step right in to the mix. And I get it top ten is in constant flux but I was basically trying to point out we aren't as far away as we think.

I agree with you but we said this about Cleveland once LeBron James leaves the east is ours now Brooklyn has a super team who next Miami they have some good young talent not like Boston but I could see the next young core flocking there and forming a super team.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,911

Post#740 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:At this point they don't even need Irving to win a title. Right now Brooklyn is as good as the lakers is were last year. Irving plays there as good as the warriors were during their run.

I think the chances of implosion are much lower without Irving, the ball can be in Harden's hands most of the time.

Return to Boston Celtics