ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets trade for Harden!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:15 am

3pt_chucker wrote:After this trade, I think that the team will give it 10-15 games or so before they make another move. What will they be focusing on:

1) How do we defend elite opposing wings? Will Harden or KD be good enough to slow down LBJ/Kawhi/PG/Donic/Giannis etc
-- This can probably be fixed with small move for a 3&D type player.

2) How do we go about opposing teams Bigs/Who plays the 5 in crunch time
-- Internally: Reggie Perry(Do you trust a rookie?) ; Nic Claxton (Shows promise but hasn't played enough) ; Jeff Green (solid but gives up a bunch of size.
-- Externally: Can definitely trade for a serviceable big(Cavs? Pistons?) by flipping a Guard.

3) Do you trust the shooting/guys around the BIG3: Joe (yes), Shamet(ugly so far) TLC(streaky AF) Brown(not a 3pt guy yet but great D and effort)

Anyway, will be super exciting. Just need to get Kyrie on board LMAO

With Harden here you can start brown over harris since we would have 3 elite range shooters on the floor with him, kyrie and KD. and all 3 can break down the defense.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#162 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 am

Shark wrote:Only complaint I have is we couldn't get Houston to throw in Tucker. I love his tenacity and we definitely needed his style of play on this team.

We're also going to be leaning heavily on DeAndre. Hope he's ready to contribute for real now.

we couldnt make that happen and match salaries without giving up dinwiddie. which may prove more valuable later
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#163 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Just imagine this for a second. In 2023 all three players opt out and leave the nets and they still will owe Houston five first round drafts picks.

and only 2 of them would convey because Houston owes all its own picks to OKC.

and we would clear 2 max spots, and sign players that even if not great would keep up better then houston
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#164 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:22 am

mcscotty wrote:Got me thinking about Pierce and Garnett.

Dont forget ray allen... and yeah the last time a hall of fame trio like that was combined they won a title
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#165 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 am

The whole pre-season has been on hold waiting for the Harden more. Now let the trading commence again. We can be looking at another trade to strengthen our interior and then follow up by filling the roster.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#166 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:KD already came out and said he wants to retire here. The Nets do NOT make this deal without assurance how committed both are beyond 2023.

Harden basically forced himself here and I can’t seem him leaving NYC after 2 years. I think he actually wanted to be in a big market outside of the KD/Green/Kyrie/MDA relationship factor.

I hope James is ready for the culture shock...his ass is going to have to get used to wearing a mask and sitting home because the titty bars aren't popping right now :lol:

The talk about “culture” doesn’t ring the same now as it did before.

There were people who said they didn’t want Harden after the strip club incident and now they’re celebrating and ready to build one in his brownstone/condo if it means he’ll ball out for the Nets lol.

If Kyrie can find a public place to host a birthday party during a pandemic, you better believe Harden will find a place to drop singles.

By culture i meant the culture between Texas and NY in terms of masks and things being open/closed because of Covid. :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#167 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:44 am

Real talk, I'm sad that Rodi Kurucs had to be included in this deal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#168 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Knock on wood, the other good thing about this is that Harden is an iron man that plays huge minutes...we've wanted to handle KD and Kyrie with kid gloves, don't really need to do that with Harden.

Kyrie needs to buy into playing off ball for sure when he gets back.

Kyrie just lost every single piece of leverage that he had with this franchise. He is irrelevant now, this is KD's team. You think Durant didn't sign off on this?

The prick can sit home and do zoom meetings all he wants now. It won't be long before the Nets start to take his money. He can either buy in and be gone.

Kyrie didnt need leverage. He asking anything of the team and the team supports him. The Nets wont take his money. Legally they cant fine him for an excused absence. if they ask him to come, he can go on medical leave, but they wont since... you know, they support him. he has bought in. the idea someone cant miss time due to personal reasons and mental health is absurd. this isnt north korea

He's irrelevant and expendable as long as he continues to refuse to show up. I'll support who wants to play and win, not someone who chooses to party and attend zoom meetings instead of doing his job. We all have hardships, he's not **** ing special.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#169 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:Real talk, I'm sad that Rodi Kurucs had to be included in this deal.

That’s fair, wish he had more of a chance... hope he wasn’t that bad in practice...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#170 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Kyrie just lost every single piece of leverage that he had with this franchise. He is irrelevant now, this is KD's team. You think Durant didn't sign off on this?

The prick can sit home and do zoom meetings all he wants now. It won't be long before the Nets start to take his money. He can either buy in and be gone.

Kyrie didnt need leverage. He asking anything of the team and the team supports him. The Nets wont take his money. Legally they cant fine him for an excused absence. if they ask him to come, he can go on medical leave, but they wont since... you know, they support him. he has bought in. the idea someone cant miss time due to personal reasons and mental health is absurd. this isnt north korea

He's irrelevant and expendable as long as he continues to refuse to show up. I'll support who wants to play and win, not someone who chooses to party and attend zoom meetings instead of doing his job. We all have hardships, he's not **** ing special.

He is not irrelevant. not top 10 player is. If you support those who want to play and win, then you support him. IF you only support those healthy enough to be available, then that is a really cold, unfair, and obtuse view.

Zoom meetings and being with family are not preventing him from anything. he would be doing those things either way. He isnt allowed to live his live while dealing with his issues? like he has to sit in the corner of a dark room alone for it to be ok for him to struggle with mental healthy or anxiety? what kind of nonsense is that.

really disappointing take. I'm hoping this is frustration talking. I'd lose a ton of respect for you otherwsie, since i hold you in pretty high regard
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#171 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He is not irrelevant. not top 10 player is. If you support those who want to play and win, then you support him. IF you only support those healthy enough to be available, then that is a really cold, unfair, and obtuse view.

Zoom meetings and being with family are not preventing him from anything. he would be doing those things either way. He isnt allowed to live his live while dealing with his issues? like he has to sit in the corner of a dark room alone for it to be ok for him to struggle with mental healthy or anxiety? what kind of nonsense is that.

really disappointing take. I'm hoping this is frustration talking. I'd lose a ton of respect for you otherwsie, since i hold you in pretty high regard

You are treating him like a child. Millions of people have to deal with depression and anxiety issues, including myself, so while I sympathize with him, I don't get afforded the luxury of running away from my obligations and responsibilities even on days where I'd rather just lay in my bed, I have to get my ass up and do what I have to do or my life will fall apart. I'm not the only one. So yes, maybe I'm being cold, but for people in the real world, it doesn't work this way for anyone, so why should Kyrie get afforded that luxury? Because he makes $500,000 every game that takes off to party and sit in on Zoom meetings? Hell yes i'm frustrated.

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,109

Post#172 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:02 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Sean Marks is either confident he can retool without picks again

or he's pulling a Magic - "I'm not gonna be here for all that" :lol:

I kinda think it's the latter. If this fails to yield a championship, he's probably not getting his contract renewed.

Marks just bought himself a lifetime pass.

He took the nets from Jeremy Lin, Jarret Jack, and Trevor Booker to Kyrie, Durant, and Harden.

no matter how that plays out, he has brought relevance to brooklyn. if it goes horribly we are looking at 4 years from now having cap space, houstons '25 pick, no '26 pick, and houstons '27 pick.

But what everyone is missing is the genius of this trade is the swaps. The Rockets are going to struggle to rebuild because they owe 4 first rounders to OKC. so even if they finish with the worst record in the league, they dont get the picks. so they wont be able to start building through the draft for a while. they will suck for a while... even if we for a second time had an unreal bad luck horror worst case scenario and gave them the #1 pick, we'd be getting lie the #4 pick back ourselves.

We wont be pickless, and its no lock houston, in the west, become a power house in 4 years. keep in mind they are saddled with walls contract, have no players, and owe their own picks the next few years as well. so they wont be getting high lotto picks anytime soon to rebuild and they dont have tons of cap either.

They owe 4 firsts to OKC, including their 2021 first.

The rockets will actually have no 2021 first, since the first pick we owe them (a 2021 swap) wont convey.

The boston situation was awful not just because we ended up sucking, but they got good fast through the draft and the picks we got from them in the swap were int he 20s.

The rockets cant build through the draft with lotto picks because they owe theirs to OKC. even if we suck and send them our pick, they would suck slightly less and give us lotto picks back

Hey! Lurking to see how you guys are enjoying the trade :)

Just a quick correction : We have 2 Houston FRPs and 2 pick swaps (all top 4 protected). We have a 2021 top 4 protected pick swap with Houston, so they will still have a 2021 FRP (which will be the worst of the OKC/Houston/Miami pick if the Houston pick isn't top 4).

Best of luck!
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#173 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 am

Prokorov wrote:...
this is SUPER low risk compared to the boston trade

I agree, especially regarding the picks and swaps.

The problem with trading Boston is that they were set up post-trade to be good for a long time. They were definitely going to use all of those pick swaps, and they did. Houston is going to be in a retool/rebuild for awhile, they are facing a large talent disparity from the rest of the WC. Therefore, most of those swaps won't convey, even if in a doomsday scenario we lost all of our Big 3. Houston will still probably be worse than us in the standings.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#174 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 am

Harden picked us over PHI.... Rockets could be pissed, Philly offer seem so much better. Simmons alone is the best prospect.
The ModFather

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#175 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Harden picked us over PHI.... Rockets could be pissed, Philly offer seem so much better. Simmons alone is the best prospect.

I have no doubt Tillman didn't want to gift Philly Harden.

Their offer was far better than ours.

I'm shocked thats all it took to get him to be honest.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#176 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Harden picked us over PHI.... Rockets could be pissed, Philly offer seem so much better. Simmons alone is the best prospect.

I have no doubt Tillman didn't want to gift Philly Harden.

Their offer was far better than ours.

I'm shocked thats all it took to get him to be honest.

Meant to say Rocket fans... sorry....

Just saw video of Harden in pregame warmups.. my god he heavy.... wtf dude lol..... get that man on some diet!!!! And a treadmill
The ModFather

mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#177 » by mcscotty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 am

Prokorov wrote:

Dont forget ray allen... and yeah the last time a hall of fame trio like that was combined they won a title

The difference is those 3 had complimentary skill sets. Kyrie and Harden can't play together. It's not going to work. Harden will get vocal. Kyrie will resent being talked down to. It's going to get ugly. In fact, Kyrie might already be protesting. Kyrie will likely be traded soon. If Marks swings the right deal, you can start dreaming about a title. Right now, it's just a soap opera.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#178 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 am

mcscotty wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The difference is those 3 had complimentary skill sets. Kyrie and Harden can't play together. It's not going to work. Harden will get vocal. Kyrie will resent being talked down to. It's going to get ugly. In fact, Kyrie might already be protesting. Kyrie will likely be traded soon. If Marks swings the right deal, you can start dreaming about a title. Right now, it's just a soap opera.

Harden played with Chris Paul and was very successful.

Why couldn't he do the same with Kyrie?

Both are elite shooters and have played off ball before in their careers. Especially Kyrie with LeBron.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#179 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 am

therealbig3 wrote:Knock on wood, the other good thing about this is that Harden is an iron man that plays huge minutes...we've wanted to handle KD and Kyrie with kid gloves, don't really need to do that with Harden.

Kyrie needs to buy into playing off ball for sure when he gets back.

Yes, I think we'll be able to rotate and rest our stars better than any other contender.

As far as Irving playing off ball, that was a major key in his electric start to the season. I think he'll benefit from it, whenever he returns. He may not love the lower usage, but he and we are better for it.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#180 » by clo12345 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 am

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Just imagine this for a second. In 2023 all three players opt out and leave the nets and they still will owe Houston five first round drafts picks.

and only 2 of them would convey because Houston owes all its own picks to OKC.

and we would clear 2 max spots, and sign players that even if not great would keep up better then houston

The pick swaps would be useless if Houston is decent. It’s hard to turn down Harden but the worst case scenario here is very high risk. Remember Boston got Tatum and Brown from the Billy King trade.

Return to Brooklyn Nets