Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Pick the winners

Poll ended at Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Nets
18%
Knicks
4%
Grizzlies
13%
Timberwolves
7%
Lakers
18%
Thunder
2%
Pelicans
4%
Clippers
13%
Trail Blazers
13%
Kings
7%

Total votes: 45

xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,687

Re: Interesting Wednesday - 01/13/2021 GAME THREAD 

Post#141 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 am

heezyo2o wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Who said that?

Its probably Jeff Green or KD.

Its not like the Lakers have anyone who can guard Kyrie or Harden.

:lol: did you watch last night game? or the bubble games?

I'm a Laker fan, but if Jamal Murray can go off against the Lakers in the playoffs, then I'm sure Kyrie and Harden can do the same especially if you have to worry about KD.

Guarding Harden on the Nets will be way different than focusing on him on the Rockets last playoffs.

Their offense is gonna be great but the difference to me is that the Lakers are actually loaded with wing defenders to throw at Kyrie and Harden. Will they completely shut them down? No, but they can make it tough for them.

As of right now, Nets have nobody on that roster to make Bron & AD sweat.
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#142 » by Barnzy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 am

The Clippers rebounding is horrendous.

No way they're contenders with their current rebounding issues.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,314

Post#143 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 am

I just don’t see the Clips going far without a big man in the middle, the playmaking and passing is decent but we need a freaking presence in the paint.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,937

Post#144 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am

The High Cyde wrote:I just don’t see the Clips going far without a big man in the middle, the playmaking and passing is decent but we need a freaking presence in the paint.

What about Zubaka?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,954

Post#145 » by Young Stapler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 am

Kings have been really impressive. Seriously.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#146 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 am

zonedefense wrote:Someone finally figured out why Luka is looking like the 2nd coming of Kirilenko on defense in the last few games.

Read on Twitter

If Luka earns DPOY the Mavs are winning the title this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#147 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 am

zonedefense wrote:
nzahir wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:the guy leading a team with best record so far isnt the pick?

The mvp rn is Lebron..

He is playing like 32 min a game and they are destroying teams rn

Luka can put up all these crazy numbers, but still needs to be a top 2 seed

Lebron may win it off reputation and being robbed last year

Circumstances matter. Luka started the season without KP. Now the Mavs are missing 3 starters due to COVID protocols. If the Mavs manage to stay in the top 3-4 it could be enough for the MVP award.
LeBron is the best player in the world until proven otherwise in the playoffs but we all know that the MVP award is not always given to the best player.

Facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#148 » by r0drig0lac » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 am

PG killing
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#149 » by Ill News » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 am

Paul George has been scorching hot from three all season.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,314

Post#150 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 am

zimpy27 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:I just don’t see the Clips going far without a big man in the middle, the playmaking and passing is decent but we need a freaking presence in the paint.

What about Zubaka?

Yeah I mean he’s the best we have, but against AD and Jokic he’ll get circles ran around him, and those are legit threats to a title chance. I don’t think we can realistically upgrade in this department, so we’ll just have to take our chances.

Back on the game, Paul George is having himself a year, been playing out of his mind so far.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#151 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote: :lol: did you watch last night game? or the bubble games?

I'm a Laker fan, but if Jamal Murray can go off against the Lakers in the playoffs, then I'm sure Kyrie and Harden can do the same especially if you have to worry about KD.

Guarding Harden on the Nets will be way different than focusing on him on the Rockets last playoffs.

Their offense is gonna be great but the difference to me is that the Lakers are actually loaded with wing defenders to throw at Kyrie and Harden. Will they completely shut them down? No, but they can make it tough for them.

How are the Lakers "loaded with wing defenders" lol.

Caruso, KCP and Wes Matthews will get absolutely destroyed by Harden and Kyrie. None of those guys have any real chance of slowing them down.

Jeff Green and KD can guard LeBron as well if not better than those guys can guard KD/Kyrie.

And we will see about Jordan on AD. I personally think if motivated and in shape he can do a decent job.

Youre also assuming the Nets add no one else when they have the MLE and roster spots. They could easily make a move for someone else on the buyout or free agency that would help defensively.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#152 » by whatchaknow » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Caruso, KCP and Wes Matthews will get absolutely destroyed by Harden and Kyrie. None of those guys have any real chance of slowing them down.

Jeff Green and KD can guard LeBron as well if not better than those guys can guard KD/Kyrie.

And we will see about Jordan on AD. I personally think if motivated and in shape he can do a decent job.

Youre also assuming the Nets add no one else when they have the MLE and roster spots. They could easily make a move for someone else on the buyout or free agency that would help defensively.

You’re assuming kyrie will even be there. Between whatever he’s got going on and chance of staying healthy I don’t find it likely he will be around late in the playoffs. He’s given us no reason to believe he can maintain a clean bill of health for a full season
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#153 » by whatchaknow » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 am

This Halliburton kid is legit. He’s gonna be a perfect 2nd guard. Plays off the ball, scores at 3 levels and can distribute in all sorts of different ways. I’m very impressed just think he needs to improve his defense and get a little stronger. Great pick for a Sacramento team that’s needed a pick like that
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#154 » by Barnzy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Lmao. Caruso gives Harden fits every time he's matched up with him
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,687

Post#155 » by xb3at band1tx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Those 3 are legitimate and proven plus defenders. They aren't gonna stop them, but with the right scheme, they will at least make kyrie and harden work a little harder. That's more than I can say with the Nets chances of guarding LeBron or Davis.

Asking KD to guard Bron is asking way too much considering he just came off of an Achilles and Jeff Green has to be near the bottom pole of Bron Jobbers. I do agree though Nets aren't done making moves I just don't see it with this current iteration.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#156 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 am

Barnzy wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:Their offense is gonna be great but the difference to me is that the Lakers are actually loaded with wing defenders to throw at Kyrie and Harden. Will they completely shut them down? No, but they can make it tough for them.

Lmao. Caruso gives Harden fits every time he's matched up with him

Harden put up 30/7/5 on 50/38/84 in that series. He did nothing LMAO

Totally gave him fits!

And thats playing with Westbrick rather than two other efficient players who can shoot.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#157 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:Their offense is gonna be great but the difference to me is that the Lakers are actually loaded with wing defenders to throw at Kyrie and Harden. Will they completely shut them down? No, but they can make it tough for them.

Those 3 are legitimate and proven plus defenders. They aren't gonna stop them, but with the right scheme, they will at least make kyrie and harden work a little harder. That's more than I can say with the Nets chances of guarding LeBron or Davis.

Asking KD to guard Bron is asking way too much considering he just came off of an Achilles and Jeff Green has to be near the bottom pole of Bron Jobbers. I do agree though Nets aren't done making moves I just don't see it with this current iteration.

I think Green is a really good defender. Just as good as Caruso or KCP.

And KD will have much less of a load offensively so he can be a great defender like he was with the Warriors.

I wouldn't really consider Wes Matthews to be a plus defender at this point.

Caruso and KCP can do well but neither of those guys are elite defenders. Harden and Kyrie would smoke them.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,893

Post#158 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Young Stapler wrote:Im told Joe Harris will be checking Lebron in the Finals. Gonna have him on lock and key according that very large thread below.Good luck :lol:

Who said that?

Its probably Jeff Green or KD.

Its not like the Lakers have anyone who can guard Kyrie or Harden.

:lol: did you watch last night game? or the bubble games?
last night? The game where Harden didn’t even try cause he was done with the team?
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#159 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:43 am

Choking. A Clipper past time that will never end. Unbelievable. They may win, but it shouldn’t be this close after they went up 18! I had a feeling to bet on the Pelicans when Clippers were favored by 13.

In the entire Kawhi era have they ever KEPT a huge lead without another team’s role players catching fire to burn us? Like I remember early Lob City we executed bad teams, start to finish.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,206

Post#160 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am

Dayum Pels missing 3 players. Has to be nice for stan to see the team still having a chance with 3 main guys out. Pels should be better than their record suggests.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”

Return to The General Board