Image ImageImage Image

OT: Harden to Nets

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Re: OT: Harden to Nets 

Post#61 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 am

Did Rockets really have an offer of Simmons + more? And they took the Nets bundle?

Wow. Total idiots. I don't see how you go for 'quantity' when the young top-20 star is there for the taking.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#62 » by Southpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 am

So who's the supposed "young star" the Rockets are holding out for? Exum?

IND and CLE did well for what they gave up. Both HOU and BKN are TBD tho there's clearly a path where both of them would consider this trade a W.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#63 » by greenl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 am

Red8911 wrote:
On paper they look great but again let’s see if it actually works. The fit isn’t the best, all 3 are ball dominant that don’t defend much. They are very talented though so that can be enough to go all the way.

Agreed. If they are willing to sacrifice- they can all play both on and off the ball. They'll be soft defensively. But on any given night- if two of the three are on- they'll be hard to beat. If all 3 are on- they'll be impossible to beat.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#64 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 am

MrSparkle wrote:Did Rockets really have an offer of Simmons + more? And they took the Nets bundle?

Wow. Total idiots. I don't see how you go for 'quantity' when the young top-20 star is there for the taking.

Simmons isn't a top 20 star.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#65 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 am

MrSparkle wrote:Did Rockets really have an offer of Simmons + more? And they took the Nets bundle?

I’d probably take picks and swap rights for next 7 years over him. If Simmons was here everyone would be trashing him for his inability to shoot.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#66 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:14 am

what can the nets realistically get for kyrie ? as far as players can they swap him for a good supporting cast for durant and fatman ?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#67 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 am

No one is trading for Irving right now. He isn’t interested in basketball on a team he orchestrated moving to to team up with his buddy.

I doubt he would report to a new team, he’d likely just retire.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#68 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:No one is trading for Irving right now. He isn’t interested in basketball on a team he orchestrated moving to to team up with his buddy.

I wonder if he just isn't interested in playing with Durant and Harden and he is being a baby about it. His dream of being Batman and Robin with Durant is over with Harden coming by and he is pouting over it.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#69 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 am

Butler4thewin wrote:what can the nets realistically get for kyrie ? as far as players can they swap him for a good supporting cast for durant and fatman ?

He seems to be a cancer wherever he goes. I think the Knicks could be a viable option with a trade around Randle and filler to round out the nets bench? Just taking a stab at something that let's Kyrie be the man on a team.

Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#70 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:56 am

MisterRoy wrote:
Butler4thewin wrote:what can the nets realistically get for kyrie ? as far as players can they swap him for a good supporting cast for durant and fatman ?

He seems to be a cancer wherever he goes. I think the Knicks could be a viable option with a trade around Randle and filler to round out the nets bench? Just taking a stab at something that let's Kyrie be the man on a team.

i think he would take a trade to the heat wkth his buddy jimmy .....i wonder if he truly wanted to be regarded as the number 1 not the 2 like he was with lebron .....
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#71 » by Indomitable » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

I’d probably take picks and swap rights for next 7 years over him. If Simmons was here everyone would be trashing him for his inability to shoot.

Simmons would actually work well here. We actually have shooters and he would be the man with the ball. He could do a fair Giannis type.
:banghead:
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#72 » by BullsFTW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:No one is trading for Irving right now. He isn’t interested in basketball on a team he orchestrated moving to to team up with his buddy.

Miami could probably tolerate him, with Pat Riley & his buddy Jimmy Butler there.
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#73 » by Cabbage bulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 am

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:God I hope they suck. Go Lebron. Go Milwaukee.

I don’t want Lebron winning 6+ rings.

Seriously fk Lebron. I’ll never understand how a bulls fan can ever root for that guy.

Because he owned us so badly? Whatever. The guy is a top 2 all time player and a great humanitarian. It's not hard to root for him.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#74 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 am

This.

It's time to call Irving on his bulls**t. Right now he's as close to untradeable as I've ever seen a player.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,169

Post#75 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:58 am

In New Jersey's defense, they probably felt pressure to get a second star since it's become infinitely clear that their relationship with Kyrie is souring fast. He seems like one of the most dangerous players to invest money in.

I really enjoyed that scrappy Dinwiddie Nets team. That core is essentially gone now. So much for NJ having the deepest team. Maybe they look at Noah to give them a poor man's Allen impression. DeAndre seems like he's aging rapidly this season.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#76 » by BigJimFinn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
dougthonus wrote: They won't be able to stop anyone.

The flip-side is no one will be able to stop them either.

They can very easily stop themselves with Harden bricking step-back 3s, Kyrie getting pissed off and going 1-on-4 when he gets the ball, followed by KD getting pissed off and giving up on playing any D. It might not happen often, but it will happen enough to kill them in the playoffs. The mental makeup and skill profile of this trio is very far from LeBron-Wade-Bosh, and they are working with a rookie coach and no clear leadership from top management. Steve Nash is going to live through some interesting times, until he is pushed out by the stars.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#77 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am

I hate this trade for the Nets. They'll need to win a title to justify their moves but their moves are proabbly going to keep them from winning a title.
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#78 » by troza » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:09 am

On paper... good, talent is always needed.

But we do not know if Irving will play more (I would flip him for another superstar if the chance is there), how will Harden get back into shape, how will the Nets defend and if Durant will be close to his previous level or not anytime soon.

I still feel that the Lakers are the top team.
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#79 » by the ultimates » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 am

The question for the Nets is who's going to give up the ball and whose going to be a willing third option. Harden doesn't like to play off the ball that was one of the problems with Paul and Westbrook. KD is the best shooter and can come off screens but do you really want to take the ball out of the hands of the team's best player? If Irving becomes the third guy will he be happy even if they win? Remember he wasn't happy being the number two guy to Lebron?

Now Harden has to get in better shape but there should be no passes or excuses for his defense. He certainly doesn't have to carry the offense and use most of his energy on that side of the ball now that he's in Brooklyn.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,521

Post#80 » by Andi Obst » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:22 am

Man, the NBA is such a crazy league. I love it.

I honestly don't know how the Nets are going to make this work. Definitely good that they have experienced assistants (especially D'Antoni of course) to help Nash out with this crazy team. The pressure to win NOW is extremely high in Brooklyn. It should be entertaining, if nothing else. Definitely appreciate the all-in mentality.

Absolutely don't get why Houston would want Oladipo over LeVert and why they didn't want Allen. Their team now is not a rebuilding team and not winning anything, the upside of that roster is really low IMO. Getting a top 4 pick in 2021 to keep their own pick should haven been priority number 1 IMO and it clearly wasn't. Them Nets picks from 2024 and beyond better be good.

Like it for the Pacers. Not as high on LeVert as many because he just hasn't be an efficient scorer up to this point in his career, but he's under contract at a reasonable price and might still have upside. Their only alternative to losing Oladipo for nothing in 2021 FA probably would have been overpaying him, so giving him up now is not a huge deal IMO.

The Cavs got Allen for a fair price, but they really need to fix their roster. Drummond will probably be dumped again?

The Sixers lost a trade they weren't even involved in.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to Chicago Bulls