ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets get Harden

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,221

Re: Nets get Harden 

Post#241 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:42 am

TOStateofMind wrote:KD left a superteam to eventually play with another one, lmao

I don't think he minds the superteam. He just doesnt want to be the addon like he was with GSW. Harden is the addon now.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#242 » by StopitLeo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 am

I’m still trying to figure out how the Cavs come out of this with Allen.
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#243 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:52 am

RapsAndJays21 wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:
Not a chance. The Nets are beyond stacked now, no one can match their fire power.

Kyrie/Harden/KD on paper should be better than Curry/Klay/KD, so I can't imagine how crazy they're going to look

u gotta remember they still had depth. they had Draymond and kind of prime iggy. nets have literally 0 depth. what? durants gonna play 48 minutes? harden 48? irving 48? they have no bench now and no C. AD drops 40 a night on this team now

Could be up for debate, but who exactly did the Lakers have for depth last year?

caruso, kuzma, kcp, danny green, quin cook
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,221

Post#244 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:52 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Allen and Prince would have been perfect for our team. All it took was a late 1st rounder for the Cavs.

I don't understand why we couldn't ship norm for both of theses guys without the pick.

Norm >>> Exum and a very late 1st

Norm + a 2nd rounder could have easily worked here. Would have been a much better balanced lineup.

Fred/ Flynn
Lowry/ Davis
OG/ Prince
Siakam/ Boucher
Allen/ Baynes

meh. Prince's contract is 15M next year; way overpaid given his contribution and Allen is a RFA. Raps have to make smart trades when it comes to Norm and Lowry.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,349

Post#245 » by D.Brasco » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
TOStateofMind wrote:KD left a superteam to eventually play with another one, lmao

I don't think he minds the superteam. He just doesnt want to be the addon like he was with GSW. Harden is the addon now.

Both KD and Harden are pawns to the grandmaster

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#246 » by douggood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 am

StopitLeo wrote:I’m still trying to figure out how the Cavs come out of this with Allen.

bucks 1st
2nd round pick
plus picking up teurean prince 13 mil salary next year for expiring exum
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Post#247 » by Preliudas » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
:tooth :tooth :tooth
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#248 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:38 am

So glad we were never in the mix for Harden. Masai is too smart to give up talent like Pascal, or picks for that... Nets are just one injury to Durant from being middle of the road.... I like where we could be next year, should we get a high frp this year, and should we cash in on Lowry/Norm at trade deadline...
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#249 » by junot111 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 am

RapsAndJays21 wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:
Not a chance. The Nets are beyond stacked now, no one can match their fire power.

Kyrie/Harden/KD on paper should be better than Curry/Klay/KD, so I can't imagine how crazy they're going to look

u gotta remember they still had depth. they had Draymond and kind of prime iggy. nets have literally 0 depth. what? durants gonna play 48 minutes? harden 48? irving 48? they have no bench now and no C. AD drops 40 a night on this team now

Could be up for debate, but who exactly did the Lakers have for depth last year?

Seriously? The Lakers depth was a major talking point throughout the playoffs.

Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris off the bench. All played well in the bubble.

Meanwhile the Nets will have Shamet, TLC, Bruce Brown, and Jeff Green coming off the bench. There is a huge drop off in talent.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#250 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 am

junot111 wrote:
RapsAndJays21 wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:u gotta remember they still had depth. they had Draymond and kind of prime iggy. nets have literally 0 depth. what? durants gonna play 48 minutes? harden 48? irving 48? they have no bench now and no C. AD drops 40 a night on this team now

Meanwhile the Nets will have Shamet, TLC, Bruce Brown, and Jeff Green coming off the bench. There is a huge drop off in talent.

Those Lakers are all literal NBA scrubs except for playoff Rondo. The Lakers won because of LeBron (mainly) and AD's talent level and really little else.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#251 » by junot111 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
junot111 wrote:
RapsAndJays21 wrote:

Those Lakers are all literal NBA scrubs except for playoff Rondo. The Lakers won because of LeBron (mainly) and AD's talent level and really little else.

You can't just win with two players... Their bench helped put them over the top by actually being playable while their star players were resting.

If you think those guys are scrubs, then I'd love to see what word you use to describe the Nets bench. Any lead that Kyrie/Harden/KD build up will be blown away so fast once they sit.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#252 » by metafisical » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 am

niQ wrote:Not sure if the "potential" Philly offer was posted here:

Read on Twitter

Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
dunk_a_roo
Rookie
And1: 4,644

Post#253 » by dunk_a_roo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 am

raps - 76ers
klow, norm for ben, mike scott, tony bradley
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,591

Post#254 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:can Cavs flip us Allen???

Why didn't Masia/Bobby get involved in the side trades for Allen anyway? Or Levert
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#255 » by gerrit4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 am

metafisical wrote:
niQ wrote:Not sure if the "potential" Philly offer was posted here:

Read on Twitter

Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO

So your comparing Simmons plus assets to the same assets without simmons?

Lmao
douggood
General Manager

Post#256 » by douggood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:can Cavs flip us Allen???

Why didn't Masia/Bobby get involved in the side trades for Allen anyway? Or Levert

raptors 1st is worth more than the bucks 1st
plus there is the prince contract worth $13 mil next season no one wanted.
plus raptors didnt have TPE to take allen.

cavs took 17 mil salary in coming (13mil prince + 4 mil allen), outgoing 9.5(expiring exum)

plus 13 mil for next season(prince) + allen extension
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#257 » by bluerap23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 am

2019nbachamps wrote:Wow, what a statement trade by the Nets. We thought the PG Clippers trade was crazy and this took it to another level. Nets have surrendered their future for a 3 year window to win a title.

Rockets are a huge winner here. They had no leverage and still got a massive haul in return. Kudos to them.

I like the trade for the Nets. I think they'll be able to make it work. They're the only team in the league with 3 guys that can average 30ppg.

Raptors never stood a chance and who can blame us. No point giving up $30m+ worth of talent and control of 7 firsts.

Makes you really appreciate what Masai did. Executed on so many levels.
douggood
General Manager

Post#258 » by douggood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 am

bluerap23 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:Wow, what a statement trade by the Nets. We thought the PG Clippers trade was crazy and this took it to another level. Nets have surrendered their future for a 3 year window to win a title.

Rockets are a huge winner here. They had no leverage and still got a massive haul in return. Kudos to them.

I like the trade for the Nets. I think they'll be able to make it work. They're the only team in the league with 3 guys that can average 30ppg.

Raptors never stood a chance and who can blame us. No point giving up $30m+ worth of talent and control of 7 firsts.

Makes you really appreciate what Masai did. Executed on so many levels.

things happen fast, westbrook/paul trade. okc got 2 picks and 2 swaps, first swap option is this year, rockets currently pick 5th overall.

basically this year, miami/rockets/okc first rounder.

Okc get 2 best picks, and rockets get the worst 1st rounder.
Houston currently picks 5th, heat 10th, okc 11 before swaps.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#259 » by StopitLeo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 am

douggood wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:I’m still trying to figure out how the Cavs come out of this with Allen.

bucks 1st
2nd round pick
plus picking up teurean prince 13 mil salary next year for expiring exum

Seems like peanuts.
HKBOY
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,554

Post#260 » by HKBOY » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 am

Best thing about this trade is that Steve Ballmer isn't winning anything in the next 3 years even if the Clips get past LeBron and AD.

Return to Toronto Raptors