ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Cunningham vs Suggs Thread #Tank4Either

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Re: The Official Cunningham vs Suggs Thread #Tank4Either 

Post#421 » by metafisical » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Inevitable wrote:After watching this dude I’m literally dumbfounded at why people want us to rack up a pointless .500 record and miss out on this dude. There is no 1 in a million Kawhi trade waiting on us if we choose to tread mill.

Because many on here would rather us make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and get swept by the Celtics or Bucks than us drafting a potential franchise altering player who can lead us to contending status again. None of this is definite of course, but I would rather take that risk and lose than be stuck in that 'not bad enough to be in the lottery, but not good enough to make it to the ECF' lukewarm zone.

I hate being lukewarm. Either stink or be among the best. I think we are a lot more the former than the latter.

People who want us to tank are the epitome of loyal and dedicated Raptor fans.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#422 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 am

this guy looking aittteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#423 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:38 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:this guy looking aittteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thats the #1 pick
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#424 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 am

the steal of the draft...maybe not, its just his 2nd game so ppl will start seeing but he's legit

bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#425 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 am

sucks that we have to wait until February to see Green/Kuminga.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#426 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:the steal of the draft...maybe not, its just his 2nd game so ppl will start seeing but he's legit

Nice passing but hes always going left on drives
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#427 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am

Can we get two of these players lol
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#428 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:Can we get two of these players lol

need that Minny pick from the Warriors.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#429 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 am

raptorstime wrote:Top 5 seems loaded this year.

Yeah the top 5 are pretty much can't miss. There's some uncertainty with the group outside of that though, but I wouldn't be mad if we fell just outside of the top 5 and got a guy like Scottie Barnes.

Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#430 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 am

Mobley + Cade/Green/Suggs/Kuminga combo would be a dream come true
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,732

Post#431 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:

By any means necessary. To quote Masai when drafting OG, "we need talent man" :nod:
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#432 » by omar36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am

kinda crazy ppl would rather just lose in the first round then try to tank and get a potential star.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#433 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 am

metafisical wrote:
Inevitable wrote:After watching this dude I’m literally dumbfounded at why people want us to rack up a pointless .500 record and miss out on this dude. There is no 1 in a million Kawhi trade waiting on us if we choose to tread mill.

Because many on here would rather us make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and get swept by the Celtics or Bucks than us drafting a potential franchise altering player who can lead us to contending status again. None of this is definite of course, but I would rather take that risk and lose than be stuck in that 'not bad enough to be in the lottery, but not good enough to make it to the ECF' lukewarm zone.

I hate being lukewarm. Either stink or be among the best. I think we are a lot more the former than the latter.

we can trade this player we draft for a superstar, if Raps org aren't sold on him. selling a team that our pick is a potential star is better than trying to sell a late 1st/2nd round/ undrafted player is going to be a potential star
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#434 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:

it would suck if Minny actually sucked the rest of the season and got a top 3 pick lol. and were good in 2022. seems like something that could happen to the Raptors.

Only way we get that pick is if Siakam goes back to GS and Raptors get Trash Wiggins + that pick. that would really make the Warriors 2022 championship favorites.

Curry
Klay
Siakam
Green
Wiseman

and Wiggins would really be a true tank commander.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#435 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:22 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:Based on the limited videos I've watched of him, Cunningham looks really good.

Cunningham's combination of size, shooting, playmaking is basically what every NBA team wants in a prospect. Teams won't be able to target him on defence because of his size and mobility. Teams won't be able to sag off him because of his shooting. Most importantly, he's a primary playmaker type of player that the Raptors are dying for. His game will probably look better at the next level too with more spacing and better players next to him.

I can understand the Ben Simmons comparison with the size and playmaking but the shooting is a massive difference especially in the playoffs.

IMO He's Brandon Roy reincarnate with the potential to be a better playmaker.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#436 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:25 am

Only took 2 games for sharife to look like a top 10 player
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#437 » by Steelo Green » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 am

metafisical wrote:

I find it funny that people say tankers are bandwagon fans when they are saying we will watch a year or two of a bad team for potentially a decade of greatness.

One Kawhi trade has made people think that that is the standard in the NBA to just build assets up and trade for them when they are at their lowest value.

Meanwhile Kawhi trade redone would be 7 picks+swaps+OG+Norm if going by the Harden trade, maybe even Pascal, but the difference is this time if we did it, we are a lot worse than we were before.

It's weird that history is being distorted because we won a title in the rarest of ways and now people expect it to be repeated instead of doing the formula that has worked way more in NBA history.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#438 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 am

God Squad wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:Based on the limited videos I've watched of him, Cunningham looks really good.

Cunningham's combination of size, shooting, playmaking is basically what every NBA team wants in a prospect. Teams won't be able to target him on defence because of his size and mobility. Teams won't be able to sag off him because of his shooting. Most importantly, he's a primary playmaker type of player that the Raptors are dying for. His game will probably look better at the next level too with more spacing and better players next to him.

I can understand the Ben Simmons comparison with the size and playmaking but the shooting is a massive difference especially in the playoffs.

Roy had an A/T of 2.5 with like 5 assists per game. Not sure if better is the right word. More prolific like Jason Kidd? He will get more rebounds and blocks though.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#439 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 am

Psubs wrote:
God Squad wrote:

Roy had an A/T of 2.5 with like 5 assists per game. Not sure if better is the right word. More prolific like Jason Kidd? He will get more rebounds and blocks though.

Have you guys seen Cade's teammates? Also which year of Roy are you basing him averaging 5 assists?
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#440 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:36 am

God Squad wrote:

Brandon Roy was so good. One of the few players that I would go out of my way to watch. He was really good in his era but would have been even better in todays NBA.

I can definitely see the comparison. One point to be noted is that Cunningham has a 7 foot wingspan and is 6-8. Much larger and longer than Roy which will give Cunningham a big defensive edge.

Return to Toronto Raptors