ImageImageImage

Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Re: Harden to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#741 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:At this point they don't even need Irving to win a title. Right now Brooklyn is as good as the lakers is were last year. Irving plays there as good as the warriors were during their run.

I think the chances of implosion are much lower without Irving, the ball can be in Harden's hands most of the time.

It’s crazy that we even think this, right. That we even entertain the idea. Take red enough to dominate the league but he’s that crazy that he just might set the franchise back with his drama.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,149

Post#742 » by Tyakack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

So how long before tatum gets frustrated with not winning here? Place your bets. I bet another super team is formed before the celtics win anything. They will just keep playing the long game until tatum gets tired of playing and leaves.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#743 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 am

He's 22 and has played more playoff minutes than everyone, save for LeBron and Draymond, in the NBA since he got here. He can be as frustrated as he wants. He has won more than every single player in his draft class.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#744 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 am

Tyakack wrote:So how long before tatum gets frustrated with not winning here? Place your bets. I bet another super team is formed before the celtics win anything. They will just keep playing the long game until tatum gets tired of playing and leaves.

It’ll prob be in 2 months in Miami with beal bam and adebayo. Maybe riley gets beal to play some defense
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#745 » by Tyakack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:36 am

I mean that's true.... but I think at some point he is gonna actually want to win a title.. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just happy being in the playoffs so much. Don't have to worry about it now I'm just thinking ahead as I don't see us winning a title anytime soon.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#746 » by Floody100 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 am

Is Oladipo someone we should try go after ?
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#747 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 am

He's 22 and the best player on the team that is the current 1 seed. And he is under contract until he is 27. Worry about it 2025.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#748 » by Ernest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 am

A lot of negative nancies around here. We could win a title this year or the next. We can definatly play with top teams. It just comes down to who gets hot and who gets cold, how the balls bounce. The Greek Freak is scary but he hasn't won anything yet. KD is top notch but its the first year there and things don't seem to be gelling. The Lakers are still the team to beat, but I think people will see how big a loss Rondo is in the playoffs. If Tatum and Brown want to win a title then they need to go out and win us one.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#749 » by Tyakack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 am

Ernest wrote:A lot of negative nancies around here. We could win a title this year or the next. We can definatly play with top teams. It just comes down to who gets hot and who gets cold, how the balls bounce. The Greek Freak is scary but he hasn't won anything yet. KD is top notch but its the first year there and things don't seem to be gelling. The Lakers are still the team to beat, but I think people will see how big a loss Rondo is in the playoffs. If Tatum and Brown want to win a title then they need to go out and win us one.

Yeah, if the best players on the top teams all break their leg maybe. The NBA is the most predictable sport there is. I don't need to wait to see which way the ball bounces. I already know it's gonna bounce into the net alot more for the nets and lakers than for us.

They have too much top heavy talent. We're talking MVP talents. The kind of players you need to win a championship.

Teams like that always win over teams like ours. I've watched enough NBA to know that. I give the nets a small chance to not work only because of how toxic their stars are..... If they do work though forget it. We won't make the finals as long as they are together. Let alone win it.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#750 » by GoGreen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:08 am

Hate to say it but this team isn't winning until Bron retires. No way that dude is losing playing the way he is. He's a cyborg.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#751 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am

GoGreen wrote:Hate to say it but this team isn't winning until Bron retires. No way that dude is losing playing the way he is. He's a cyborg.

Lakers are the least of the Celtics problems. Celtics, or any other team in the east, won't be making it to the finals for years.

This is the Miami heat all over again.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#752 » by Taget » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Alright. Now that that garbage is over....back to realistic trades

Exactly! Now we can start working on Luka Doncic trades. Not sure I'm ready to give up on Romeo just yet but we do get a bit more size.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7380614
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#753 » by GoGreen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Hate to say it but this team isn't winning until Bron retires. No way that dude is losing playing the way he is. He's a cyborg.

Lakers are the least of the Celtics problems. Celtics, or any other team in the east, won't be making it to the finals for years.

I think this Nets team is prime for implosion. I'm just not high on them. Ad/Bron and that bench can take em out afaic. Will be fun to see.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,354

Post#754 » by titlebound1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 am

The NBA has gotten so much worse as the years go by. I'll watch every Celtics game...but that's it. Best thing that could happen to the league as a whole would be to cut the cap drastically, and implement a hard rule to not allow teams to have more than 2 players making 20+ a year. We see the same handful of guys every single season win the title. Watching all these childish millionaires tank their franchises so they can form super best friend squads is pretty old
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#755 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 am

The danger, in a nutshell, is that the Celtics wind up like the 1980s Milwaukee Bucks, with the Lakers perhaps in the role of the Celtics and the Nets in the role of the Lakers.

But the thing is, no franchise is limited to "organic" growth any more -- not the NYC, LA or Miami teams, and not the Boston team either. Ainge's first job is to build a very good team guys wnt to join, and then he needs to make the joining happen.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#756 » by Ernest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

I disagree. I predict one team from the east will reach the finals every season.
Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#757 » by Ernest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 am

This idea that unless we are the heavey favorite to with the title we should be mad is just silly. Yeah LBJ is better than anyone we have. KD too. We can't really do anything about that. Unless the Lakers want to trade us LBJ, we are not going to be the heavy favorite to win the title. The 2 logical options to me seem to be to enjoy the young successful team we have, watch them grow and improve and root for them to win or just stop watching all together. I don't get the option of watching but just bitching about it every day. What's that going to change?

And it's not like we don't have any chance. Both Tatum and Brown could keep getting better to the point they are one day the best in the league. They both have a chance to do that and how many players in the league can you honestly say that about. We also have a really strong culture here. Sure Miami bounced us and that stung, but we have over achieved many times with young players. Those same players are quickly approaching their primes. So just relax and enjoy the games (whenever they return.)
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#758 » by Triple7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 am

Tyakack wrote:
Ernest wrote:A lot of negative nancies around here. We could win a title this year or the next. We can definatly play with top teams. It just comes down to who gets hot and who gets cold, how the balls bounce. The Greek Freak is scary but he hasn't won anything yet. KD is top notch but its the first year there and things don't seem to be gelling. The Lakers are still the team to beat, but I think people will see how big a loss Rondo is in the playoffs. If Tatum and Brown want to win a title then they need to go out and win us one.

Yeah, if the best players on the top teams all break their leg maybe. The NBA is the most predictable sport there is. I don't need to wait to see which way the ball bounces. I already know it's gonna bounce into the net alot more for the nets and lakers than for us.

They have too much top heavy talent. We're talking MVP talents. The kind of players you need to win a championship.

Teams like that always win over teams like ours. I've watched enough NBA to know that. I give the nets a small chance to not work only because of how toxic their stars are..... If they do work though forget it. We won't make the finals as long as they are together. Let alone win it.

I agree. If healthy, nobody is beating that team in the east, even without Kyrie. KD and Harden alone can carry that team in the finals. We need an additional fire power. If Kemba was somehow healthy. Plus we don’t even have enough rim protectors, to stop those three from attacking inside, or taking the mid range. Lol this is bad for us.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#759 » by jirrit » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 am

Not afraid of that douchebag trio. I dont see any of them taking a step back, all need the ball. On paper they are offcourse an offensive juggernaut but whatever, we’ll see what happens. This makes me root harder for our boys. C’s UP!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#760 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 am

titlebound1 wrote:The NBA has gotten so much worse as the years go by. I'll watch every Celtics game...but that's it. Best thing that could happen to the league as a whole would be to cut the cap drastically, and implement a hard rule to not allow teams to have more than 2 players making 20+ a year. We see the same handful of guys every single season win the title. Watching all these childish millionaires tank their franchises so they can form super best friend squads is pretty old

20+ unless you've drafted them is the fairest, imo. Cause for any franchise if you've drafted your players, it'd be **** to lose them cause of a rule. Tbh, the league is trash and Silver is pretty bad, league is trending in a bad direction and I do expect lockdown soon.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics