Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#101 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:36 am

LOL @ the overreactions. They haven't played a single game yet and are already being crowned.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#102 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 am

Han Solo wrote:The Lakers will probably get Derrick Rose at the deadline. That’s my guess this year. Think it finally gets done.

Lakers are built to compete with anyone. Anything else they add is a luxury.

Why would they want Rose when Schroeder is a vastly superior player for this team?
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#103 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 am

The Laker Kid wrote:LOL @ the overreactions. They haven't played a single game yet and are already being crowned.

Please excuse them, Nets fans have no idea what it takes to put together a championship team. Theyve never seen it done before.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#104 » by Swift21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am

I don't think so. There a much more balanced roster than Brooklyn right now.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#105 » by Spens1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 am

The only thing i would consider doing is maybe offering Kuzma for Jarrett Allen + fillers.

We're not getting a proper third star at this point.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#106 » by Roco14 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 am

This thread is going to be bumped to death if the nets beat the lakers in the finals... Everyone is saying no. Nets just got arguably the 2 best scorers of the last 20 years on the same team. How everyone can claim the lakers are undeniably better than them is beyond me.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#107 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 am

First we need to see if the Nets counter to the Lakers gets them close.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
irfunk_
Freshman
And1: 66

Post#108 » by irfunk_ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:14 am

I don’t know about a third star but If were Lakers FO I would be all over a PJ Tucker trade now.
Koyen
Pro Prospect
And1: 804

Post#109 » by Koyen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:48 am

MindState wrote:
iamworthy wrote::lol: Lakers will be fine as is.

Bruh. :lol:

Its a wrap. A 58 year old LeBron aint beating that Nets team. I dont know what else to tell you.

Nets don't need no Lebron to beat them. They'll do the job just fine imploding long before reaching the finals.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#110 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Catchall wrote:Can't ignore the fact that the Nets have three of the top-10 offensive players in the league if they gel.

Also can't ignore that the Lakers have limited trade assets.

The problem is there is only 1 ball and all 3 need the ball in their hands. Image the ego battles between Kyrie and Harden then KD does his passive aggressive stuff.

What a circus that will become. Who is going to play D and who is going to defend the rim now? The loss of Allen is HUGE!!

Yak said this “only one ball” mess when KD went to the warriors and they ran everybody out the gym. Nets will figure it out
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#111 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
The Laker Kid wrote:LOL @ the overreactions. They haven't played a single game yet and are already being crowned.

Please excuse them, Nets fans have no idea what it takes to put together a championship team. Theyve never seen it done before.

We made 2 finals appearances back to back. Most of us have been nets fan even during the Jason Kidd era :crazy:
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#112 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 am

They would have done it much earlier if that was a possibility, it has nothing to do with this trade. They have no assets.
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#113 » by Doug_12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 am

No. First we will need to see if they can coexist both on and off the court. As those 3 are the most drama-prone personalities in the NBA I have some serious doubts.

For example out of them who will be the alpha, the beta and who will take the "Kevin Love/Chris Bosh" role? I believe all 3 have different views on this.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#114 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 am

Doug_12 wrote:No. First we will need to see if they can coexist both on and off the court. As those 3 are the most drama-prone personalities in the NBA I have some serious doubts.

For example out of them who will be the alpha, the beta and who will take the "Kevin Love/Chris Bosh" role? I believe all 3 have different views on this.

All of them will average around 25 points efficiently, in this offensive era it's not a problem.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#115 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:08 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Catchall wrote:Can't ignore the fact that the Nets have three of the top-10 offensive players in the league if they gel.

Also can't ignore that the Lakers have limited trade assets.

The problem is there is only 1 ball and all 3 need the ball in their hands. Image the ego battles between Kyrie and Harden then KD does his passive aggressive stuff.

What a circus that will become. Who is going to play D and who is going to defend the rim now? The loss of Allen is HUGE!!

Popcorn and dibbs on front row seat to the implosion. Kyrie is basket. Hey they didn't even have to give up Joe Harris. That surprised me. But Durant is no center. He's too frail. I also want to see who gives them rim protection. Maybe they could trade Harris yet in March I suppose?
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#116 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 am

No, we good man. We have the best duo since Kobe and Shaq and a stacked supporting cast and a very good bench. The Nets have 3 aging superstars and nothing else.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#117 » by Optms » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:04 am

We have the two best players and the deeper team. What's there to counter again?
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#118 » by Doug_12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:09 am

Gooner wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:No. First we will need to see if they can coexist both on and off the court. As those 3 are the most drama-prone personalities in the NBA I have some serious doubts.

All of them will average around 25 points efficiently, in this offensive era it's not a problem.

Yeah, maybe, but averaging 25 pts/game is still a sacrifice for all of them. Harden already expressed that he didn't like to make sacrifices when he left Oklahoma. Irving also expressed this during his tenure w/ the Cavs - moreover he expressed his desire to be the leader of a team. So I guess Durant is the least prone to his role and yet he is the best of them.

I'd be much surprised if the locker room stays in good shape.
C0bR
Pro Prospect
And1: 655

Post#119 » by C0bR » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 pm

Depth and defense > redundant 3rd max star that doesn't get enough shots to justify the contract
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#120 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 pm

Why are we assuming the Nets make the finals? Kyrie could decide on February 6th that he'd rather move to Japan to learn the art of preparing Fugu.

And honestly, until Harden shows me he has the ability to turn it up in the playoffs and deliver when it matters, I'll be skeptical of any team he's on when he has such a sizable role.

This may be the oddest Big 3 we've ever seen. Not about to put them vs the WC champions just yet. I think the range of outcomes is gigantic. They'll rifle off wins due to during this 8-man-roster-night regular season, but if the playoffs come and it's controlled roster wise, I see can a few teams in the East making them really earn it.

Return to The General Board