ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh vs Siakam

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Re: Bosh vs Siakam 

Post#21 » by dkb9696 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:57 am

Bosh never had a numer 2. his best numer 2 was mike james. the raptors wasted him here ... i think i take him over siakam in a draft,
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,883

Post#22 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:59 am

They are two totally different players, it all depends on what you want out of your power forward, I personally prefer Siakam. Bosh is the more fundamentally sound player, but Siakam is the more dynamic and creative player.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#23 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 am

seanbig wrote:The thing about Bosh was he was a good offensive player

Played for stats

But his claim to fame as a reptile was his all star video and getting crapped on by Dwight Howard in the first round

In retrospect he was a flawed player to build around

He could get rebounds but really wasn’t good on defense as an anchor of the team

Pascal isn’t as polished offensively but IS a lot more versatile on offense more Durant like without the consistent midrange yet

He can bring the ball up and doesn’t need to be fed the ball like Ibaka

The eye test says if Pascal can have the game slow down to him like things did for kawhi and you can already see his decision making out of the double team improving —-his natural length and talent could make him a better raptor
Than Bosh ever was

2 weeks ago I would have never held a prayer for this but if Pascal can keep that mojo going he can be more impactful than Bosh because he’s not a pushover on defense

Yeah I'll say Siakam flirting with a triple double every night is surprising and if it continues he's in the same tier. As of now he still has a lot to prove in terms of consistency as the number one. Bosh was the model of consistency and Siakam literally didn't belong on the court for over 20 games.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#24 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:02 am

dkb9696 wrote:Bosh never had a numer 2. his best numer 2 was mike james. the raptors wasted him here ... i think i take him over siakam in a draft,

Mike James was terrible. The best number 2 Bosh ever played with was probably TJ Ford or Jose Calderon.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#25 » by seanbig » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 am

A better example would be Boucher - a homeless mans cb4

Skinny , can get the odd block and board, get manhandled on the defensive end

Actually Boucher has a better handle and seems to have a better 3,point shot but maybe my eyes are deceiving me

I gotta to give it up to Boucher the only man the can consistently get a block on the corner 3
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#26 » by Jcity08 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

Bosh picked up basketball at an extremely young age, Siakams game has no where near the polish, nor does he have the toolkit offensively that Bosh had. What Siakam has on his best days is high energy, the ability to grow his game over the years in huge strides and being extremely talented playing full court transition basketball..

Bosh was far better in the half court than Siakam, because of his ability to find ways to score and get to the line.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#27 » by brownbobcat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 am

seanbig wrote:Siakam is probably the higher ceiling when all is said and done

Cb4 had better fundamentals but could not be the man on the team and really could not create his own shot

Based on upside defense you pick Siakkam 99 out of 100

Lol. Do people not remember Bosh unleashed with Miami to attack pick and rolls? He was the reason they were able to hedge so hard on everything. Bosh could get his shot in the midrange anytime he wanted. He was longer than Siakam and able to absorb contact and get to the line much easier.
word
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,339

Post#28 » by word » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 am

Lets just say if we had bosh last year vs boston instead of siakam..we might have won that series in 5 games
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#29 » by dkb9696 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 am

word wrote:Lets just say if we had bosh last year vs boston instead of siakam..we might have won that series in 5 games

bosh was meh ... siakam has hit a shot over draymond to help clinch a title.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#30 » by seanbig » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:48 am

word wrote:Lets just say if we had bosh last year vs boston instead of siakam..we might have won that series in 5 games

If we had Bosh last year we probably lose to Brooklyn in the first round

If we had bosh we probably lose to the warriors in 4 in the finals cuz he was so unclutch and would get owned /pawned by draymond
Official 1,000,000 post crew

Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,

aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#31 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:57 am

I'll take the guy who didn't screw us over.
HKBOY
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,554

Post#32 » by HKBOY » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:10 am

Reeko wrote:
dkb9696 wrote:Bosh never had a numer 2. his best numer 2 was mike james. the raptors wasted him here ... i think i take him over siakam in a draft,

Mike James was terrible. The best number 2 Bosh ever played with was probably TJ Ford or Jose Calderon.

Shawn Marion???
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#33 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:14 am

I think Pascal still has yet to hit his peak and that’s pretty exciting. If he can get a reliable mid range shot off the dribble and improve his handle while shooting around 35% from 3 he’s gonna be a problem. He’s also improved his decision making out of double teams and will continue to do so. These things will really help him improve his half court offense.

Then as a defender how do you guard him. If you sag off he’ll shoot the midrange over you, and if you get tight he’ll blow by or use a spin to get around.

I could honestly see him being a KD lite in 2 or 3 years. Not as good but similar skill set and tools.

If Pascal improves to that point I’d say him. But as of right now it’s bosh. He was far more polished.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#34 » by PT416 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 am

Bosh >> SIakam. You guys are tripping. Bosh as a 3rd option was putting up what Siakam is doing as a first option. Also he was way better as a first option. Bosh was clutch, could break down his defender and defensively they're not that far off from each other either. Bosh also didn't have a Kawhi or Lowry in Toronto. He had a Calderon and Bargnani.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,629

Post#35 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 am

Bosh but I’m trading him instantly since he never wanted to be here.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#36 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:24 am

I think Bosh was definitely better than what we've seen from Siakam so far but Siakam still hasn't hit his prime so we will see.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#37 » by PT416 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:I think Bosh was definitely better than what we've seen from Siakam so far but Siakam still hasn't hit his prime so we will see.

Siakam is 1 year older than Bosh's last year here. I know he started playing late but age is still a thing. When is he going to hit his prime? 27? 28? 30? It's gonna be a short prime.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#38 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:29 am

PT416 wrote:Bosh >> SIakam. You guys are tripping. Bosh as a 3rd option was putting up what Siakam is doing as a first option. Also he was way better as a first option. Bosh was clutch, could break down his defender and defensively they're not that far off from each other either. Bosh also didn't have a Kawhi or Lowry in Toronto. He had a Calderon and Bargnani.

Huh? Bosh as a third option was putting up like 17-7-2. Pascal last year put up 23-7-3 and this year 20-9-5. How is that similar?

I’d take bosh currently because he was more polished scoring wise but he was also a trash facilitator. Pascal is light years ahead of him in that department.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#39 » by Live Free » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 am

CB was a top 5 PF as a Raptor.. Siakam is barely a top 30 player if that
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#40 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:34 am

HKBOY wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Shawn Marion???

Yeah, I thought of Marion but by the time he got to Toronto he wasn't the same player he had been in Phoenix and he only played 27 games as a Raptor.

Return to Toronto Raptors