ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA... Again

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA... Again 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Watched last nights game again this morning. KD is all the way back. He is sleep walking to 30/8 games. shooting 44% from deep while still not having got hot from deep.

30/8/6/1/1 on 54/44/88

67.7 TS% (absurd, usually only see this from guys like Allen or DJ who do nothing but dunk)

Dunking on fools left and right and some hammer dunks on bigs that just rimmed out. good defense on bigs and smalls and the one thing that was missing, big shots late and daggers we saw last night.

We saw last night Durant get his swagger back after that step-back 3.

The league is in trouble.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA... Again 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 am

I've been watching KD closely for years, and honestly, I think he's more lethal now than ever.

I'm sure he's lost some spring, but he's still freakishly athletic, and he's more aggressive now getting to the rack. Obviously, his J is water.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,829

Post#3 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I've been watching KD closely for years, and honestly, I think he's more lethal now than ever.

I'm sure he's lost some spring, but he's still freakishly athletic, and he's more aggressive now getting to the rack. Obviously, his J is water.

I think he's definitely shown less explosion but it's all offset by just how methodical he is in his movements. Nothing is really telegraphed and he knows what spot he wants to get to, gets to it and just fires over the top of smaller defenders. Just really saavy smart basketball.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#4 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 am

Lol has LeBron stopped existing?

KD has been amazing, but I don’t think he was ever actually better than LeBron. LeBron is coasting right now and the Lakers are still the best team in the league and blowing teams out left and right.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#5 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 am

Great post Prok. What a legend that man is. Such incredible comeback so far.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#6 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 am

KD is better than LeBron.

Are we really going to act like he didn't out play LeBron in two straight Finals?

If KD doesn't get hurt and they three peat he would have been universally recognized as the best player.

Offensively hes unstoppable and defensively hes still better than old LeBron.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#7 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:37 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:KD is better than LeBron.

Are we really going to act like he didn't out play LeBron in two straight Finals?

If KD doesn't get hurt and they three peat he would have been universally recognized as the best player.

He didn't though.

I'm all for caping for our players, but LeBron is in conversation for GOAT, and he's not slowing down any time soon...he's still in his prime somehow. Love KD, but he's not at that level.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#8 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:44 am

therealbig3 wrote:

He didn't though.

I'm all for caping for our players, but LeBron is in conversation for GOAT, and he's not slowing down any time soon...he's still in his prime somehow. Love KD, but he's not at that level.

No, just gonna disagree there. We are not talking about their whole resume here. Just the last few years where Kevin was healthy and peaking obviously. He was certainly on LBJ's level and I would personally prefer him on my team due to his insane versatility as a player. He can play any style of basketball and fit perfectly anywhere. Quite complete as a player.

And KD will end up top 10 all-time himself which is great in of itself and his peak level is up there with that great company. In reality, there is no huge difference in level between the top 10 all-time greats. They all were freaks in their own ways. Shaq was unstoppable but he obviously isn't a GOAT candidate. Same with Hakeem. KD is also a freak in his own way. He is one of a kind.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#9 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:57 am

I don't mind people thinking LBJ is the best but KD is great enough to be considered the best player in the world when he is in his best form. It's not a statement/opinion based on nothing. Dude is legit one of the all-time greats and will pretty likely end up top 10 all-time eventually. Not many players are as talented and consistent as he is.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#10 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm

therealbig3 wrote:

He didn't though.

Yes he did.

Were not comparing careers. Obviously LeBron is better.

KD is better right now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm

KD's metrics are absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

54/46/86, 67% TS. Lord have mercy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#12 » by Lamak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 pm

best player in the world kevin durant is on a mission
Brooklyn Nets
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#13 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 am

StepBackCrack wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

He didn't though.

No, just gonna disagree there. We are not talking about their whole resume here. Just the last few years where Kevin was healthy and peaking obviously. He was certainly on LBJ's level and I would personally prefer him on my team due to his insane versatility as a player. He can play any style of basketball and fit perfectly anywhere. Quite complete as a player.

And KD will end up top 10 all-time himself which is great in of itself and his peak level is up there with that great company. In reality, there is no huge difference in level between the top 10 all-time greats. They all were freaks in their own ways. Shaq was unstoppable but he obviously isn't a GOAT candidate. Same with Hakeem. KD is also a freak in his own way. He is one of a kind.

LeBron has had the better career and rates higher all time,, but pre-injury KD had surpassed him for about the last 3 seasons.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

He didn't though.

Yes he did.

Were not comparing careers. Obviously LeBron is better.

KD is better right now.

Yeah, KD outplayed lebron in the finals... lebron better career, KD is better now. lebron is still great obviously

Return to Brooklyn Nets