[Kyrie Related] I Know This Harden Trade Seem Sudden, But...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SuperPawgHunter
Sophomore
And1: 124

[Kyrie Related] I Know This Harden Trade Seem Sudden, But... 

Post#1 » by SuperPawgHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:32 am

Kyrie was ballin' out, and in his last game, they blew out the Jazz...

...and he take off for 'personal reasons'? His sister has a party, and he allows himself to be filmed dancing? He shows up on a Zoom call, knowing he would be seen?

Now we hear he upset with Nash, and he and KD have been distant?

My point? Kyrie knew the Harden trade was in the works, and he feels betrayed by KD - 'cause he feels he brought KD there, and KD signed off on Harden coming there, which pushes him to third option.

If he knew Harden was coming, this all makes a lot more sense, than Kyrie taking personal days so suddenly.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: [Kyrie Related] I Know This Harden Trade Seem Sudden, But... 

Post#2 » by GYK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 am

Then he gets traded.
But unlikely as there’s reports since the summer Harden wanted to be on the Nets. They likely already talked.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#3 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 am

KD just wants to make sure LeBron doesn't get another ring lol. It's more of his priority than winning. I think Kyrie genuinely wanted to make it work with the rostrer they had, with him and KD being the dynamic duo and LeVert as their sixth man. I don't think this is going to last for years, Kyrie might leave again as a free agent.
ac1011990
Junior
And1: 986

Post#4 » by ac1011990 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 am

Sources for Kyrie being distant from KD and upset with Nash? I haven’t read anything like that so far.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,354

Post#5 » by xinxin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am

if this is true, not really surprised.

which is why i asked in another thread how Kyrie can be fine with harden coming along, when he wanted to be "the Guy";

now , he'll be lucky to be second fiddle, he'll most likely be option no. 3 in the Nets offense.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#6 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am

It’s like this. If Kyrie causes any more trouble we can trade him for depth

KD+Hardan-Green, Harris, DJ, Brown, shamet, TLC+ depth don’t sound so bad

And Kyrie is my guy, but at this point we have an insurance policy for him now. If he continues these acts, well KD is the “snake” after all. Don’t underestimate him or Sean marks getting cut throat when it matters.
xinxin
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by xinxin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:35 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:It’s like this. If Kyrie causes any more trouble we can trade him for depth

KD+Hardan-Green, Harris, DJ, Brown, TLC+ depth don’t sound so bad

And Kyrie is my guy, but at this point we have an insurance policy for him now. If he continues these acts, well KD is the “snake” after all. Don’t underestimate him or Sean marks getting cut throat when it matters.

for some reason, I felt that a KD- Harden combo makes a lot more sense that KD- Kyrie. or even KD-Kyrie & Harden..

& trading Kyrie for depth makes the Nets more scary for me than having all 3 with the Nets.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 am

xinxin wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:It’s like this. If Kyrie causes any more trouble we can trade him for depth

for some reason, I felt that a KD- Harden combo makes a lot more sense that KD- Kyrie. or even KD-Kyrie & Harden..

& trading Kyrie for depth makes the Nets more scary for me that having all 3 with the Nets.

Agreed we need defense and some more depth. If Kyrie doesn’t get it together, he will single handily grant is some defensive wings for depth. I doubt any star team will trade a star for him, but I could see a desperate team giving up some role players for him
xinxin
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by xinxin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:51 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
xinxin wrote:

& trading Kyrie for depth makes the Nets more scary for me that having all 3 with the Nets.

Agreed we need defense and some more depth. If Kyrie doesn’t get it together, he will single handily grant is some defensive wings for depth. I doubt any star team will trade a star for him, but I could see a desperate team giving up some role players for him

or he'll just retire and free up cap space in the process. I see KD playing off ball nicely with a ball dominant Harden. & Harden has proven in houston that he can find you. but they'll need defense/role players which is where Kyrie for depth comes in.
SuperPawgHunter
Sophomore
And1: 124

Post#10 » by SuperPawgHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:58 am

Dude, I believe Kyrie is a goner, and soon.

They can use Kyrie to add some depth.

There is NOTHING that we know about Kyrie Irving that suggests he'd be fine playing as third option alongside Harden and KD.

His ego can't take that.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 am

Kyrie has no trade value right now.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am

SuperPawgHunter wrote:

Dude, I believe Kyrie is a goner, and soon.

They can use Kyrie to add some depth.

There is NOTHING that we know about Kyrie Irving that suggests he'd be fine playing as third option alongside Harden and KD.

His ego can't take that.

Kyrie will get his, he and KD are efficient scorers so they'll make it work. 25 ppg with roughly 50-40-90. that's what i expect for all 3 of them.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 am

Gooner wrote:

For a star of his value? I agree with you. For role players from some desperate team? I believe he has enough value :lol: we ain’t asking for much now but a couple of guys that could defend and hit some shots here and there
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Gooner wrote:

For a star of his value? I agree with you. For role players from some desperate team? I believe he has enough value :lol: we ain’t asking for much now but a couple of guys that could defend and hit some shots here and there

His reputation is really bad and his contract expires soon, not worth it. Kyrie has more value on this team than being a leader somewhere. He does have ability to play with other stars.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 am

Gooner wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Gooner wrote:

His reputation is really bad and his contract expires soon, not worth it. Kyrie has more value on this team than being a leader somewhere. He does have ability to play with other stars.

Kyrie has this season and another year on his contract before he can do anything. You underestimate the stupidity of a lot of teams front offices. Role players for Kyrie Irving is not far fetched whatsoever.

And yes Kyrie does have the ability. Problem is can he use it? Especially since he’s the 3rd best player on his team now? If he can’t adjust. Some team will be stupid enough to take him if it means only giving up some role players that weren’t doing s*** for them anyway
szkorhetz
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#16 » by szkorhetz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am

Kyrie to the Knicks, you heard it first.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Gooner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:32 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:For a star of his value? I agree with you. For role players from some desperate team? I believe he has enough value :lol: we ain’t asking for much now but a couple of guys that could defend and hit some shots here and there

Kyrie has this season and another year on his contract before he can do anything. You underestimate the stupidity of a lot of teams front offices. Role players for Kyrie Irving is not far fetched whatsoever.

And yes Kyrie does have the ability. Problem is can he use it? Especially since he’s the 3rd best player on his team now? If he can’t adjust. Some team will be stupid enough to take him if it means only giving up some role players that weren’t doing s*** for them anyway

Kyrie is weird but they won't overreact, when he plays he produces. He is an efficent scorer, so he will adjust. He had good chemistry with Harden for team USA, there is a relationship there aswell. They'll make it work, but winning the title without this trade would be a bit more special, and i thought they had potential with LeVert and Allen complemetning KD and Kyrie.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#18 » by Openheimer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:32 am

Send Kyrie to Orlando for Aaron Gordon and Mobamba
TheHardenChoke
Junior
And1: 479

Post#19 » by TheHardenChoke » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am

Honestly, I don't blame him

Who the **** wants to play with that disease?

Kyrie, KD and the rest of the guys had a great shot at the title....
Now that's all down the drain.
Gone.

**** Harden
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#20 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:41 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:For a star of his value? I agree with you. For role players from some desperate team? I believe he has enough value :lol: we ain’t asking for much now but a couple of guys that could defend and hit some shots here and there

Don't get me wrong, I think the plan all along was to go and get Kyrie insurance especially after last year's debacle where he practically threw the team under the bus by naming certain players. Getting Harden is huge for them.

The problem is his reputation of being a headache and cancer in the locker room is something that a lot of teams can't ignore. Most teams would rather let their role players expire or flip them plus assets in the form of picks/young players for someone more reliable. Irving can be that guy, but damn that dude's been acting all haywire and the fact that controversy/drama has ensued at every team he's been on is something that can't be ignored.

If the nets even get one ring out of this, it'll remove decades of failure and be worth it. This team hasn't had success since the ABA days with Dr. J leading them to titles. They were interesting in the early 90's till Drazen passed away tragically and had the misfortune in the early 2000's of running into the Lakers and Spurs. A part of me wants to see them succeed, but at the same time I'm getting bubble Clippers vibes simply b/c of Kyrie's ego, Harden looking like poppin fresh/James Hardee's.

We all know who the real winners are: NYC strip clubs.

Return to The General Board