ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,826

Post#1 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 am

Post Harden trade how would you fill-out the roster?

There aren't too many notable free agents I can think of off the top of my head, but thoughts about adding a guy like Dewayne Dedmon? Or maybe RondBAE ( :love: ) ;)?

I think the front court is definitely a concern, but I wouldn't be against adding another PG either...
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#2 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 am

Is Claxton about to get a ton of minutes or nah?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#3 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:12 am

MKG is a free agent... he'll be a lockdown defender we could use....

Need a true big too... at c or pf
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#4 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:42 am

I would love RondBAE back, we need that wing defender that can play both forward positions. He can't shoot but we have a bunch of shooters and scorers already. He also has the athleticism and energy that we need at that spot. I'm sure we'll look at Ariza whenever he is bought out. Our main focus should be wing defenders.

I think we can do with T Johnson and Cheeze as backups, Harden and Kyrie will be the point guards most of the game anyway.

And for center, it's hard to tell right now. Perry gives us a different look at the 5 with him being able to knock down the 3. We'll also have Claxton playing there, and Jeff green and KD will play some 5 at times.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#5 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:18 am

God Squad wrote:Is Claxton about to get a ton of minutes or nah?

I fully expect him to get some minutes once healthy but Reggie Perry might have something to say about that.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#6 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:26 am

The biggest target for my is Dwayne Dedmon.

I'm not sure if I trust Perry defensively in a playoff series. Dedmon is good enough to play like 15 minutes if we need it.

My other target would be RHJ. Hes familiar with the team and can basically guard anyone. We can play him in lineups with a lot of shooting in it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#7 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:29 am

We need some assurance Spencer might opt in at season’s end. We have 3 roster spots open but a trade for Dinwiddie would balance that (now or later) but we have the MLE and DPE soon to play with.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#8 » by LOUiS-D » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am

Rondae would be a low risk moderate reward pickup for depth. Not really moving the needle too much. looking at the UFA list for potential candidates (vet player, non playoff team, been paid enough to not care about giving up bird rights to ring chase): ariza, pj tucker, mcgee, rose, ed davis, whiteside, bazemore, nwaba, redick, temple, robin lopez, dieng. probably less than a quarter of them go to market and a bunch of them are washed.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior
And1: 75

Post#9 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:02 pm

I think one of the obvious choices would be Jamal Crawford. He's obviously good friends with KD and was on the bubble roster last year. Additionally, there have been rumors the Nets were interested in bringing him back even before the Harden trade as outlined in this article written on 12/31/20: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2020/12/30/22206258/haynes-nets-still-talking-with-jamal-crawford-about-return
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#10 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Ones ready he'll definitely get his min. We will have to rely on him during regular season. Nic will surprise a lot people, talent is there for sure.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#11 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 pm

[youtube]
[/youtube]
LOUiS-D wrote:Rondae would be a low risk moderate reward pickup for depth. Not really moving the needle too much. looking at the UFA list for potential candidates (vet player, non playoff team, been paid enough to not care about giving up bird rights to ring chase): ariza, pj tucker, mcgee, rose, ed davis, whiteside, bazemore, nwaba, redick, temple, robin lopez, dieng. probably less than a quarter of them go to market and a bunch of them are washed.

Lou you know better Marks won't pick him up. He just can't shoot. Love my boy RHJ, will beg for him to get picked up.... he just ain't that player we looking for.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#12 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:39 pm

we have mMLE to work with. Cavs is the team to monitor, Nance is the player id love to have here. He is a missing piece we need to be unstoppable.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#13 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Ones ready he'll definitely get his min. We will have to rely on him during regular season. Nic will surprise a lot people, talent is there for sure.

I ask because I'm thinking of picking either him or perry up in fantasy (20 team league). I think Claxton might provide good value.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 pm

God Squad wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

I ask because I'm thinking of picking either him or perry up in fantasy (20 team league). I think Claxton might provide good value.

You can do better imo. However if you need low salary guy to give you some pts every now and than than yes go ahead and get him. He can score and high energy guy that'll give you surprising 40+ fan pts some nights.
Jeff and DJ will be his main competition. We go 50+ games to go, I believe he will surprise a lot of guys around.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,539

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:13 pm

God Squad wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Claxton has jumper's knee with no known date set for his return. Avoid him for now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#16 » by brook » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

What about Javale McGee? His salary fit with both our two exceptions, the Cavaliers probably will accept a second round pick with Allen and Drummond.
He's proven vet who wins two rings with different teams, energy guy, great rebounder, good enough to switch.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#17 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Tyson Chandler is a free agent. Idk if he ever plans to play again though. He’s a good rebounder and defender for a center which is now a position of need. Idk who the nets could pull away from another team with the disabled player exception when they get it. Obviously replacing Allen is the biggest need now. They also still need a pf. Hoping someone gets waived we can pick up. We should try to get Ed Davis back
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#18 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Need a big.

Noah Vonleh, Jordan Bell, John Henson, Kyle O’Quinn. Brooklyn Nets could use any of these bigs.
Taj Gibson would of been good too but Knicks picked him up last week.

Tyson Chandler is completely washed. He’s like 38 years old. He’s the Udonis Haslem role now.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#19 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Need two players who can rebound and defend and have low usage.

Probably RHJ and O’Quinn.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,826

Post#20 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm

He hasn't been as good post Brooklyn but I believe Ed Davis would be eligible to be acquired in a trade using the disabled player exception... Might not have to give anything up either (cash, lightly protected 2nd which will not convey) - as the Timberwolves might be happy to just she'd that contract from payroll...

Return to Brooklyn Nets