Luka Doncic has officially entered the MVP race

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HurdyGurdyMan
Sophomore
And1: 386

Re: Luka Doncic has officially entered the MVP race 

Post#61 » by HurdyGurdyMan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 am

it's almost like you shouldn't judge players from the first 2 weeks of a season with no training camp or preseason
the times, they are a-changing
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#62 » by J_T » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm

The-Power wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:turns out when a guy who plays no defense, can't shoot, is turnover prone, but has the highest usage plus teammates who box out so he can pull down 10 uncontested defensive rebounds a game, he's going to fill the stat sheet and impress casuals.

Never forget:

BostonCouchGM wrote:Michael Porter Jr.
Bamba
Ayton
Bagley
Robinson
JJJ
Miles Bridges
Anfernee Simons
Isaac Bonga
Shai Gileous-Alexander
Zhaire Smith
Mikal Bridges
Wendell Carter
Elie Okobo
Luka Doncic
Trae Young

Oh, I see, it's one of THOSE guys. The REALLY clueless ones.
User_friendly
Pro Prospect
And1: 387

Post#63 » by User_friendly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 pm

J_T wrote:
The-Power wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:turns out when a guy who plays no defense, can't shoot, is turnover prone, but has the highest usage plus teammates who box out so he can pull down 10 uncontested defensive rebounds a game, he's going to fill the stat sheet and impress casuals.

Never forget:

BostonCouchGM wrote:Michael Porter Jr.
Bamba
Ayton
Bagley
Robinson
JJJ
Miles Bridges
Anfernee Simons
Isaac Bonga
Shai Gileous-Alexander
Zhaire Smith
Mikal Bridges
Wendell Carter
Elie Okobo
Luka Doncic
Trae Young

That's a random list that means nothing. There's noone saying that's a ranking or whatever.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#64 » by leolozon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:51 pm

User_friendly wrote:
J_T wrote:
The-Power wrote:Never forget:

That's a random list that means nothing. There's noone saying that's a ranking or whatever.

The guy has been trolling in every Luka discussion. I'm not even sure why spamming the same message again and again in every thread is accepted.

It's one thing to criticize, one thing to copy and paste the same bad point of view.

Without looking at the context, I wouldn't be surprised that this is a ranking considering who it is from.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#65 » by The-Power » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 pm

User_friendly wrote:That's a random list that means nothing. There's noone saying that's a ranking or whatever.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=66624769#p66624769

Try again. I wouldn't be posting this if it hadn't been this user's shtick ever since 2018. To be wrong about prospects happens to everyone, but this has been driven by contempt from the very beginning and continues with ludicrous comments ever since.
J_T
Veteran

Post#66 » by J_T » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 pm

User_friendly wrote:
J_T wrote:
The-Power wrote:Never forget:

I assumed it was players ranked on who wears the best clothes. He is obviously wrong.

Mr B wrote:Legit question, if Luka were to actually win DPOY would he also be considered for MIP too?

And yes I know this won’t actually happen.

I doubt it. What would be precedent when it was not mostly based on offensive performance in recent history? And often it includes players that simply had double playing time, without their per36 stats changing. Maybe Paul George comes to mind, but he wasn't even in top 5 in DPOY voting the year he won MIP. However he did get into Defensive All-NBA 2nd. And it was also in his 3rd season. The difference is also that PG didn't make any of the All-NBA teams in his previous season, while Luka made All-NBA 1st. The only reason I'm bringing PG up is because his offensive stats didn't improve at all, beyond a 7 minute increase in playing time. His shooting % dropped even.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#67 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
levon wrote:Nets need to trade for him

Dinwiddie and 10 1st rounders for Luka.

Kyrie-Harris-Luka-Harden-Durant. Nets score all of the points.

How about the Mavs keep Luka, then resign JJ Barea and trade him for KD straight up! Both of those trades would have about the same chance of happening. Luka isn’t going anywhere. The Nets could offer 30 first round draft picks and Cuban would never trade Luka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#68 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Pinpilinpauxa wrote:He has been very good on defense the last games and overall a good defender this season. Dallas are going to be very dangerous this offseason with the improved defense.

Doncic started bad the season but a bad Doncic is better than 90% of the league. At todays level he is at prime Lebron level.

If the defense remains this good the entire season a guy like John Collins might make a ton of sense in the off season. Just add to the defense already being established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,616

Post#69 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

''Amazing'' ''fat turd'' killing it
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#70 » by JN61 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

He is my MVP at the moment. The best player in the league with his side kick injured to this point.

After him I have Embiid and then Jokic and Durant.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#71 » by BoardCrusher » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 pm

The-Power wrote:
User_friendly wrote:That's a random list that means nothing. There's noone saying that's a ranking or whatever.

Try again. I wouldn't be posting this if it hadn't been this user's shtick ever since 2018. To be wrong about prospects happens to everyone, but this has been driven by contempt from the very beginning and continues with ludicrous comments ever since.

Yeah, its even funnier that the mods are enforcing rules about trolling but let this guy troll for years.

Also, does anyone remember the troll "pacersGM" that trolled in Doncic threads even before the draft?

I bet my left nut this is the same user
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,709

Post#72 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:18 pm

Boban wrote:'It's amazing. Set the screen. Every player go on him. You just stay to be open. Nothing else. You don't have too much hard work for that. He basically does it by himself. Everything. If you're open, he will hit you with that ball and you will score. If he has five players on him, he will still score. It's Luka. It's fun.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
J_T
Veteran

Post#73 » by J_T » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:55 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
The-Power wrote:

Yeah, its even funnier that the mods are enforcing rules about trolling but let this guy troll for years.

Also, does anyone remember the troll "pacersGM" that trolled in Doncic threads even before the draft?

I bet my left nut this is the same user

It's not pacersgm... wasn't that guy like barely literate? I'm just saying you should keep your balls safe. :)
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#74 » by Bologna Smasher » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:07 am

He's going to be even more scarier once he starts to consistently hit threes at a good clip. If Porzingis stays healthy and they can get another legit scoring option, the Mavs should be able to do some damage in the playoffs.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: Luka Doncic has officially entered the MVP discussion 

Post#75 » by Buzzard » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 am

PhilBlackson wrote:He was the leader of the discussion before the season even started.

The early one I saw had him 2nd. Either way. I think the official part is a hot take. He has been in it since game #1 this season. If you don't know that, you have NBA ADD. So pay attention :lol:
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#76 » by leolozon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 am

The-Power wrote:

Considering he had Doncic 15th, he's probably Rashad Phillips doing his best to disparage Luka to make himself feel better.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,479

Post#77 » by picc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:28 am

How long until Cuban gets him the second/third star he needs? Cause I dont wanna watch his peak years wasted on first round teams.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#78 » by Bob8 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:54 am

picc wrote:How long until Cuban gets him the second/third star he needs? Cause I dont wanna watch his peak years wasted on first round teams.

Luka doesn't need third star. He needs healthy KP and bunch of roll players.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,479

Post#79 » by picc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 am

Bob8 wrote:
picc wrote:How long until Cuban gets him the second/third star he needs? Cause I dont wanna watch his peak years wasted on first round teams.

That'll be good for a second round berth. Conference finals at best. KP isn't good or healthy enough to make them contenders as is.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#80 » by Bob8 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 am

picc wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

That'll be good for a second round berth. Conference finals at best. KP isn't good or healthy enough to make them contenders as is.

The problem isn't in KP but in Luka, who probably isn't good enough at the moment. Better conditioned and better shooting Luka doesn't need no third star. Will that ever happen? Only Luka has the answer.

Return to The General Board