ImageImageImage

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

What is the pivot now that Harden is gone? Votes can be changed

Beal
33%
Lavine
25%
Smaller moves around the edges
42%

Total votes: 97

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,559

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Kobblehead wrote:It's a seller's market. Why not put Simmons on it? We've already hurt the relationship by dangling him for Harden.

I wouldn't mind taking a package of expirings, young scorers and future 1sts for Simmons.

It’s a possibility.

But mainly because the landscape has changed after the Nets formed what SAS called the “lethal weapon 3” :lol:

Biid+Beal+Ben gives you a better shot to atleast compete with them on a 7 game series than Biid+Beal+Tobi.

Then again, I dont exclude what you’re thinking as a possibility. For you can also trade Tobi+Assets for a trade package that could make you just as good if you ever trade Ben for Beal.

Nevertheless, we NEED a guy like Beal or Lavine right now. And if you can trade by giving less, why not?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#82 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 pm

76ciology wrote:For you can also trade Tobi+Assets for a trade package that could make you just as good if you ever trade Ben for Beal.

ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS AGAIN?
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#83 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Kobblehead wrote:It's a seller's market. Why not put Simmons on it? We've already hurt the relationship by dangling him for Harden.

I wouldn't mind taking a package of expirings, young scorers and future 1sts for Simmons.

Something like Otto Porter, Coby White, Chandler Hutchinson, and two future 1st rounders or something.

People are worried about Embiid wanting out because Simmons' offensive game hasn't progressed......*THAT* deal is the exact way you get Embiid to ask out.
GDTBATH
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#84 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

The dream scenario is Harris +++ for Beal. Harris/Maxey/2021 FRP/2022 swap/2023 FRP/2024 swap for Beal/Smith

Milton(28)/Curry(20)
Beal(34)/Curry(8)/Thybulle(6)
Green(30)/Thybulle(18)
Simmons(34)/Scott(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Milton/Curry/Smith
Beal/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Robinson
Simmons/Scott
Embiid/Howard/Bradley/Poirer
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,843

Post#85 » by Mik317 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm

lol there will be much better deals for Beal if he comes available.

Denver keeps struggling and they will probably be dangling MPJ. That beats anything we can offer.

Like did yall not learn a damn thing from yesterday lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#86 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm

GutUNC wrote:

Something like Otto Porter, Coby White, Chandler Hutchinson, and two future 1st rounders or something.

People are worried about Embiid wanting out because Simmons' offensive game hasn't progressed......*THAT* deal is the exact way you get Embiid to ask out.

I don't see how you reach that conclusion.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 pm

Mik317 wrote:lol there will be much better deals for Beal if he comes available.

Denver keeps struggling and they will probably be dangling MPJ. That beats anything we can offer.

I feel like I'm being gaslighted from all angles
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,220

Post#88 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Mik317 wrote:lol there will be much better deals for Beal if he comes available.

Not sure why you want to wallow in our mediocrity. Ben is still decently valuable. MPJ is not better than Ben at the moment, least not yet. Fact remains, we need to get better than how we are currently constructed. And it needs to be a difference maker. We'll have to trade Ben or Tobi, and Ben's contract and age and perceived potential is still more attractive than Tobi's.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#89 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Do we want a late-20s, early-30s star on a max contract?

Do we want a package of expirings, young scorer(s), 1st round picks?

I think I like option 2. Especially seeing Daryl at the helm making picks.

Collin Sexton + assets
Shai Alexander + assets
Coby White + assets

These are the types of deals I think we should pursue.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
GutUNC wrote:

Because taking out an All-Star player for a bunch of mystery boxes means Embiid has to carry the entire team on his back like he did 2 nights ago every night for at least the next 2 seasons.
GDTBATH
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#91 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 pm

GutUNC wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
GutUNC wrote:

Because taking out an All-Star player for a bunch of mystery boxes means Embiid has to carry the entire team on his back like he did 2 nights ago every night for at least the next 2 seasons.

Oh how misleading the term "allstar" can be. The reason Embiid has had as much on his shoulders the last half decade is because Ben Simmons is incapable/unwilling of assuming the perimeter star role.

When you have three creators in the rotation like White, Milton and Maxey, there will be no shortage of scoring. I promise you.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#92 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:22 pm

You see what Russell, Dinwiddie, Levert did in Brooklyn? Yeah, imagine if that trio had Joel Embiid in the middle to go alongside all their dyanmic scoring from the perimeter.

That's what we'd have with Embiid + White, Milton, Maxey. And if Hutchinson breaks out? Game over.

Oh, and having Porter fill a 3&D spacing role next to Green in the starting lineup is a coach's wet dream.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Collin Sexton + assets
Shai Alexander + assets

I would do these deals, depending what the assets are.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I don't see how you reach that conclusion.

Oh how misleading the term "allstar" can be. The reason Embiid has had as much on his shoulders the last half decade is because Ben Simmons is incapable/unwilling of assuming the perimeter star role.

When you have three creators in the rotation like White, Milton and Maxey, there will be no shortage of scoring. I promise you.

And the parade of wings driving in to Embiid's chest every night?
GDTBATH
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,843

Post#95 » by Mik317 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Embiid probably would not be too hype to see us go from potentially getting Harden to getting more young dudes who might still need to grow. Thats a tough sell.

HOWEVA

lets get nuts and probably a bit naïve lol. IMO, I think we solved most of the teams glaring issues except the most glaring one...perimeter shot creation. My question is ...do we need that guy to be god tier at that? or just capable and consistent? Again I doubt we can get Beal or LaVine at all actually BUT I keep seeing.."oh he isn't Harden"...which well yeah but do we need that guy to be that or just be someone defenses have to at the very least give a **** about? With Embiid here, he will still probably be the main engine but having a dude who can get his own shot, opens up methods to not only let Embiid rest but also potentially get easy looks, no? And at the end of close games that guy can play a two man game and we have more options than hope Embiid gets fouled for once? Having Harden would have made that easier for sure but idk just having a solid option there would be nice too, no? Jimmy wasn't in the same area as a shooter or iso scorer as Harden either...but just having him gave the team new life at times didn't it?
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#96 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:51 pm

I bet you Minnesota would offer Rubio, Culver, Edwards, and a 1st or two for Simmons.

Those pieces could be shipped other places to get players that are useful.

Rubio and a 1st (plus salary filler) for Lowry as an example.

Edwards, Culver, and a 1st (plus salary filler) for Beal as another example.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#97 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm

GutUNC wrote:And the parade of wings driving in to Embiid's chest every night?

If that was a concern (I'm not convinced), you can help mitigate that through scheme and accumulating defensive role players (Otto Porter, Danny Green, Matisse Thybulle, etc).

Besides, this is a jumpshooters league. I'm not seeing too many guys excited about the opportunity to aggressively attack the rim on a behemoth like Embiid, even if they can beat their man off the dribble.

I'm pretty sure Embiid is far more frustrated with the parade of help defenders that swarm on him every postseason because Ben Simmons is useless in the halfcourt.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#98 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 pm

I would definitely entertain the idea of Shai Gilgeous for Ben Simmons. Ben is going to say all the right things about this Harden deal that went down because he is a pro, but I think the relationship might have a hairline crack in it now that wont be going away. Ince it's known that a player was shopped or talked about in a trade it gives off the vibe that the player really isn't in the teams long term plans. This will now have to be fixed and to fix this, we will have to move on from Simmons. I don't see Simmons as a life long Sixer anyway. He's going to leave once his contract is up. THAT....I can guarantee you.
There's no way we're getting Bradley Beal straight across for Ben Simmons. I don't even think Washington is interested in moving Beal at this time. I do think other names...Younger ascending players like Shai Gilgeous could be obtained for Simmons. I just don't want us to dome some dumb **** and trade him to the Spurs for Derozen.
As of right now, I would trade Ben straight up for,

SGA- He's my first and foremost option
D'Aaron Fox
Lavine- he's a bit older than I prefer, but I would do this
Jamaal Murray- If Denver would consider it
Ja Morant- Too bad he's injured
76ciology
RealGM

Post#99 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Stanford wrote:
76ciology wrote:For you can also trade Tobi+Assets for a trade package that could make you just as good if you ever trade Ben for Beal.

ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS AGAIN?

DO WE HAVE A CHOICE?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#100 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

How about we just trade for both Beal and Lavine.
We actually can.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers