Ben Simmons best offers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 630

Re: Ben Simmons best offers 

Post#61 » by Pipp33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:48 am

Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Bulls: LaVine + Filler
FOR
Culver + Green + 2x Wolves 2nds

76ers: Simmons + Green + Ferguson
FOR
Edwards + Rubio + LaVine + 2024 Wolves 1st (unprotected) 2023&2025 Wolves 1st Swap

Wolves: Rubio + Edwards + Culver + 2024 1st + 2023&2025 1st Swap (to 76ers) + 2x 2nds
FOR
Simmons + Ferguson + Bulls Filler

New 76ers:
Embiid
Harris
Edwards or Thybulle
LaVine
Rubio
76ers can sell fan base “better constructed roster” and #1 overall 1st for Simmons.

New Wolves:
Towns
Hernangomez
Simmons
Beasley
Russell
Simmons can supply defense all day long and let his teammates do all the shooting.

I don’t see why Chicago would do this.

Agree! I'm a Bulls fan that has been in favour of trading Lavine, BUT there is no way in hell Bulls trade him for that return (and I like Culver).
To add to that, Lavine has improved every year he's been in the league and is showing signs this season of continuing that trend. Can't see Bulls trading Lavine unless it's in a package for a superstar
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#62 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 am

Pipp33 wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Bulls: LaVine + Filler
FOR
Culver + Green + 2x Wolves 2nds

76ers: Simmons + Green + Ferguson
FOR
Edwards + Rubio + LaVine + 2024 Wolves 1st (unprotected) 2023&2025 Wolves 1st Swap

Wolves: Rubio + Edwards + Culver + 2024 1st + 2023&2025 1st Swap (to 76ers) + 2x 2nds
FOR
Simmons + Ferguson + Bulls Filler

New 76ers:
Embiid
Harris
Edwards or Thybulle
LaVine
Rubio
76ers can sell fan base “better constructed roster” and #1 overall 1st for Simmons.

New Wolves:
Towns
Hernangomez
Simmons
Beasley
Russell
Simmons can supply defense all day long and let his teammates do all the shooting.

Agree! I'm a Bulls fan that has been in favour of trading Lavine, BUT there is no way in hell Bulls trade him for that return (and I like Culver).
To add to that, Lavine has improved every year he's been in the league and is showing signs this season of continuing that trend. Can't see Bulls trading Lavine unless it's in a package for a superstar

just ignore troll proposal. hes just pissed Bulls stole lavine and doing a revenge trade. Why would bulls ever help wolves get simmons while trading number 1 guy?
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#63 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 am

Beal IMO. Don’t think Washington will get a better offer. Philly wanted a dynamic wing for him. Pretty even deal
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,403

Post#64 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:58 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Pipp33 wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:

just ignore troll proposal. hes just pissed Bulls stole lavine and doing a revenge trade. Why would bulls ever help wolves get simmons while trading number 1 guy?

Or very common to over value ones players as yet again Harden and Dipo trades prove. Even Allen got very little.

I am a LaVine fan too. Culver + Green for LaVine is a fair offer. Should a protected 1st go Bulls way? Sure. Not going to split hairs.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#65 » by winter_mute_13 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 am

Texas Chuck wrote:I don't think Philly is going to pivot to dump Simmons nor do I think he is going to demand out over any of this.

Yeah. For reference, Turner was pretty definitely offered for Hayward (to the point where he was informed) but the deal fell through and both parties continued as if nothing happened. And now, Turner is looking like a solid part of the Pacers' future once again.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#66 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:27 am

the_process wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
I wish, and I have debated, argued, and fought the idea of moving Lowry.

Simmons + Harris for Lowry + Siakam?

I would do this for Philly.

It's a solid start, but I wouldn't want Harris. Something around Simmons + salary filler + 1st round pick for Lowry & Siakam though might make sense. Maybe send Simmons to Golden State for Wiseman, Wiggins and MIN pick.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 am

Yenrallik1111 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
the_process wrote:
I would do this for Philly.

Thats a ton of future salary to take on for Toronto. Besides that I don't believe Masa Ujiri has any intention of trading Siakam. He will look to build around him and re-tool or rebuild w Siakam. He is still only 26 so there's time.

Simmons is 24, and taking on salary is not the worst thing for the only Canadian team that has never signed a bigger free agent in their entire 25 year history. in fact it can be seen as incentive as those guys can not bolt. harris deal hurts but he has at least a 2-3 solid years of producing well I think

No again I think I'd still rather just take on their expiring salaries instead of Harris. Green + Scott + Thybulle + FRP is more appealing than Harris despite him being pretty good this year. I'd want Ben + a high lotto pick (our own) rather than make a playoff push.

76ers Lineup

Lowry
Curry
Harris
Siakam
Embiid

Toronto builds around Simmons, Anunoby, Vanvleet & 2021 FRP.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#68 » by Yenrallik1111 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:49 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:Thats a ton of future salary to take on for Toronto. Besides that I don't believe Masa Ujiri has any intention of trading Siakam. He will look to build around him and re-tool or rebuild w Siakam. He is still only 26 so there's time.

Simmons is 24, and taking on salary is not the worst thing for the only Canadian team that has never signed a bigger free agent in their entire 25 year history. in fact it can be seen as incentive as those guys can not bolt. harris deal hurts but he has at least a 2-3 solid years of producing well I think

No again I think I'd still rather just take on their expiring salaries instead of Harris. Green + Scott + Thybulle + FRP is more appealing than Harris despite him being pretty good this year. I'd want Ben + a high lotto pick (our own) rather than make a playoff push.

76ers Lineup

Lowry
Curry
Harris
Siakam
Embiid

only issue I see for philly is pushing harris back to the 3 when he is much better suited for the 4. I think that is reflected in his play
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by Yenrallik1111 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 pm

VDT wrote:The truth is that it is hard to find good trades for Simmons. Harden was the rare exception in terms of talent and position. I dont really think Beal makes that much of a sense to be honest. Maybe something around Kawhi if the Clippers implode.

I do not get this, what does talent or position have to do with it? Simmons is essentially position less. and hardly ever is talent traded for talent

making a move for Kawhi seems a little short sighted. he was in the atlantic division already. had a career bounce back year and won Canada's first chip. free food everywhere, royal treatment. if it does not work with the clips I think he tries to stay in Cali with the warriors or long shot lakers
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Yenrallik1111 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:

76ers Lineup

Lowry
Curry
Harris
Siakam
Embiid

only issue I see for philly is pushing harris back to the 3 when he is much better suited for the 4. I think that is reflected in his play

I'm also good with just keeping Siakam as well. The main goal should be to land a top pick this year. I wouldn't want Harris + Simmons to mess that up :lol:.

Maybe a 3 team trade with Golden State works.

Philadelphia Receives: Lowry & Siakam
Golden State Receives: Simmons & Harris
Toronto Receives: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman & MIN 2021 FRP
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,477

Post#71 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:Why would bulls ever help wolves get simmons while trading number 1 guy?

I have Edwards more valuable than LaVine. Do you not?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#72 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 pm

The french connection Hayes and Sekou
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,403

Post#73 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Beal IMO. Don’t think Washington will get a better offer. Philly wanted a dynamic wing for him. Pretty even deal

Simmons to DC as discussed a bunch of times, is a weird fit. Simmons and Westbrook for 3 years paired together. Wizards last two draft high picks have been forwards — Simmons ideal position. Outside of Bertans do they surround him with shooting?

The trade I have seen a bunch of times still works (maybe better) even after the draft.

Wizards: Beal + Fillers
FOR
Edwards + Culver + Green + Draft Picks

Wolves: Edwards + Rubio + Culver + Draft Capital
FOR
Simmons + Filler

76ers: Simmons + Green
FOR
Beal + Rubio

76ers get more shooting and a pass first PG.
Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Beal
Rubio
Curry as 6th man and 4th quarter shooter.

76ers give this lineup a try. Next season they would have Rubio expiring salary, Curry, youth and own picks to upgrade if needed.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Yenrallik1111 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Yenrallik1111 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

76ers Lineup

Lowry
Curry
Harris
Siakam
Embiid

I'm also good with just keeping Siakam as well. The main goal should be to land a top pick this year. I wouldn't want Harris + Simmons to mess that up :lol:.

Maybe a 3 team trade with Golden State works.

Philadelphia Receives: Lowry & Siakam
Golden State Receives: Simmons & Harris
Toronto Receives: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman & MIN 2021 FRP

I would not be upset with that return in the slightest, well that is not totally true. oubre is blah but at least expiring. I just rather the re-tool than rebuild, too many years in the basement. the taste of winning is too sweet. ben/og/harris/fred plus a few pieces like davis/boucher/norm and whoever else can get signed/traded for might not be too bad in the east. not a clear cut top 3 but also not a push over in the slightest.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#75 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 pm

VDT wrote:The truth is that it is hard to find good trades for Simmons. Harden was the rare exception in terms of talent and position. I dont really think Beal makes that much of a sense to be honest. Maybe something around Kawhi if the Clippers implode.

Why would Beal not make much sense and Harden does?

Beal is posting essentially the same numbers as Harden last year, only Beal is approaching his peak while Harden is on the downside of his. Also, with Beal, you don't get any of the off court headaches or the poor leadership by example where he never moves when he doesn't have the ball.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#76 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Beal IMO. Don’t think Washington will get a better offer. Philly wanted a dynamic wing for him. Pretty even deal

Simmons to DC as discussed a bunch of times, is a weird fit. Simmons and Westbrook for 3 years paired together. Wizards last two draft high picks have been forwards — Simmons ideal position. Outside of Bertans do they surround him with shooting?

The trade I have seen a bunch of times still works (maybe better) even after the draft.

FOR

FOR
Simmons + Filler

FOR
Beal + Rubio

Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Beal
Rubio

76ers give this lineup a try. Next season they would have Rubio expiring salary, Curry, youth and own picks to upgrade if needed.

That better be a lot of "Draft Capital" for the Wizards to consider it. Beal is currently averaging 35/5/5 on above - .600 TS% by the way.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#77 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

FOR

FOR
Simmons + Filler

FOR
Beal + Rubio

Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Beal
Rubio

Uh huh. So when you say "draft picks" to Washington, what specifically do you mean? Because for the Wizards to trade Beal for Edwards, they'd have to get in my opinion, at least 3-4 draft picks and 3-4 pick swaps. Last time I checked, the Wolves don't even own their 2021 pick, so I'd say this deal is DOA.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#78 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Simmons doesn't have nearly close to the value you think he does.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#79 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:36 pm

NYG wrote:I think at this point, they pivot to Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and/or Nemanja Bjelica and keep their core guys.
They should make a run at Lavine or Lowry and evaluate afterwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#80 » by VDT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

TGW wrote:

Simmons doesn't have nearly close to the value you think he does.

Value can change based on the circumstances, teams etc and it doesnt necessarily have to he a 1 for 1 trade. I am also talking from the point of view of the Sixers and what they need. Naturally other teams have different needs and evaluations.

Return to Trades and Transactions