76ers keep Simmons and Embiid, but get more shooters (Hield to Philly)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

76ers keep Simmons and Embiid, but get more shooters (Hield to Philly) 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am

Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and Danny Green for Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes and Nemanja Bjelica

The 76ers add even more shooting around Simmons and Embiid who all would provide a nice piece for Philly's other pieces to better flourish without shaking things up in a major way.

The Kings add Tobias Harris who better fits their needs that Hield and could probably develop Thybulle into a solid piece in a Holmes/Bagley - Harris - Thybulle - Haliburton - Fox line-up. Danny Green provides a nice veteran for guard depth and leadership too.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Re: 76ers keep Simmons and Embiid, but get more shooters (Hield to Philly) 

Post#2 » by kb02 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:17 pm

NYG wrote:Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and Danny Green for Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes and Nemanja Bjelica

The 76ers add even more shooting around Simmons and Embiid who all would provide a nice piece for Philly's other pieces to better flourish without shaking things up in a major way.

The Kings add Tobias Harris who better fits their needs that Hield and could probably develop Thybulle into a solid piece in a Holmes/Bagley - Harris - Thybulle - Haliburton - Fox line-up. Danny Green provides a nice veteran for guard depth and leadership too.

Kings say no. It's missing a first.

Also, here's Barnes 2021 stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barneha02.html
And here's Harris: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harrito02.html

Barnes has played extremely well this year. On both sides of the court.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#3 » by NYG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm

kb02 wrote:
NYG wrote:Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and Danny Green for Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes and Nemanja Bjelica

Also, here's Barnes 2021 stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barneha02.html
And here's Harris: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harrito02.html

Would adding a 2021 1st solve the value?
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#4 » by kb02 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm

NYG wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Would adding a 2021 1st solve the value?

Adding a first would do it for me, but I don't think McNair would do so. He's adamant that his primary goal is financial flexibility. He wants to save his $$$ for the right player. I don't think Harris would meet that criteria for him.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#5 » by patman66 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm

I have no idea why the kings want to pay Harris the same money than they are paying Hield and Barnes together. Whenever I looked at doing Kings trades from the celtics point of view, I always thought the reason they would move on is to save money. Now I expect all three to be off the team next summer as they want Haliburton/Ramsey to pair with with Fox. Beli I think would want to move to a contender, I think Ainge makes a push for Barnes into the TPE next summer.

Hield to me requires Curry and Green.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,536

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Downgrading Tobias to Barnes seems at odds with competing. nd taking on Tobias seems at odds with rebuilding. The swap seems bad for both teams, unless Sac is going for it now.

Similarly giving up the more valuable Curry would seem dumb.

If there would be a deal, it would be some version of Green + for Hield; with Sac getting salary relief and the +, and Philly using expirings now for a better player than the full MLE will give next offseason. As for what the plus is, I think takes on Hield's value are quite all over the place and I will skip adding mine for now.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:12 pm

I'm struggling to understand the valuation that leads to Philly needing to add more.

I mean Tobias/Green = Barnes/Buddy or close enough. Tobias is clearly the best player of this group by no small amount and long-term he doesn't cost more. I have that as at worst a push and more a clear win for the Kings getting the best player.

And nobody loves Bjelica more than me, but he's not worth Thybulle.

I also don't really understand the point of Buddy with Seth already there. I got absolutely killed by Kings fans this off-season for suggesting that Curry was clearly better value. Anyone still want to suggest I was wrong on that?

For me the deal would still be Scott/Ferguson/2nds for Bjelica and be done with these two teams. But that deal is too obvious to not happen already.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions