The (un)official Lowry megathread: What is Lowry worth and trade ideas?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Re: The (un)official Lowry megathread: What is Lowry worth and trade ideas? 

Post#101 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:14 am

With Harden going to Nets, Lowry value goes up. Philly, Bucks, and Miami need to load up for the arms race.

Philly is the most logical fit. Just have to give up the right combo of assets...
We the North
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#102 » by Parataxis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 am

rapsrealm wrote:Toronto trades: Lowry, Davis

Philadelphia trades: Green, Scott, Maxey, Thybulle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think turning one of Maxey/Thybulle into a FRP makes the deal a lot more likely.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#103 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 am

GutUNC wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
Don't get your hopes up.

Correct . No shot maxes is traded for Lowry. Well just sign him to the mle next season.

Yeah.....I'm not going there :lol:

I like Lowry's fit but to give up all that for 1 postseason wouldn't add up.

Give all that up? Maxey is the only asset of value in that offer.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#104 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:52 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
Correct . No shot maxes is traded for Lowry. Well just sign him to the mle next season.

Thybulle is an asset of value. Him and the 2021 1st with Green and a contract would be my guess.
GDTBATH
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 pm

GutUNC wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
GutUNC wrote:

Thybulle is an asset of value. Him and the 2021 1st with Green and a contract would be my guess.

I assumed you meant just taking Maxey out of the deal, not replacing him with a FRP. In that case it's decent I guess, not really exciting though. I think if they insist on keeping Maxey I'd want two FRP's one in 2021 & 2023. You can keep Thybulle as well as he doesn't really move the dial.

I'd prefer Lowry for expirings, 2021 FRP & 2023 FRP.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#106 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 pm

I feel to evaluate any Lowry to Philly deal, we need to be told whether this is the universe where Lowry would resign with Philly for cheap or the universe where Lowry is one of the top FAs and will get a big deal after this season.

For the record, I think the second universe more reflects reality.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#107 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

I assumed you meant just taking Maxey out of the deal, not replacing him with a FRP. In that case it's decent I guess, not really exciting though. I think if they insist on keeping Maxey I'd want two FRP's one in 2021 & 2023. You can keep Thybulle as well as he doesn't really move the dial.

That second pick needs to be coming from moving Green on to another contender. I know he's just an expiring to Toronto, but he's a starter on the Sixers and a lot of playoff teams. The current starting SG + 2 1sts is an awful lot to give for an expiring player who puts the Sixers on to "Tier 2" status but doesn't make them a really championship contender.
GDTBATH
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#108 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

GutUNC wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
GutUNC wrote:

That second pick needs to be coming from moving Green on to another contender. I know he's just an expiring to Toronto, but he's a starter on the Sixers and a lot of playoff teams. The current starting SG + 2 1sts is an awful lot to give for an expiring player who puts the Sixers on to "Tier 2" status but doesn't make them a really championship contender.

Knicks 2nd would split the difference.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#109 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Broken into two parts.

Green, Scott, Ferg, 2021 PHI 1st lotto prot, 2021 NY 2nd for Lowry

Bradley, Porier, Thybulle for Powell, Matt Thomas, Len
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:03 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

Depends what else is out there. If Philly wants Lowry and they think he's the piece that can put them over the top then two late picks isn't that much to pay regardless of his age or contract status. Otherwise the Raps can just hold on to him and he'll walk in the off-season. No point in helping a division rival for a weak return. People saying they can just sign him in the off-season. Sure, but so can LA, LA, Miami or Golden State. I think Denver could end up offering more via trade as well. Give me Bol Bol + FRP > Green + FRP. And Lowry definitely puts them right up there with any team in the league this year. Lowry vs Green is a huge upgrade in my opinion. I'm not convinced Brooklyn is lock to make the Finals either.
HartfordWhalers

Post#111 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
GutUNC wrote:

Depends what else is out there. If Philly wants Lowry and they think he's the piece that can put them over the top then two late picks isn't that much to pay regardless of his age or contract status. Otherwise the Raps can just hold on to him and he'll walk in the off-season. No point in helping a division rival for a weak return. People saying they can just sign him in the off-season. Sure, but so can LA, LA, Miami or Golden State. I think Denver could end up offering more via trade as well. Give me Bol Bol + FRP > Green + FRP. And Lowry definitely puts them right up there with any team in the league this year. Lowry vs Green is a huge upgrade in my opinion. I'm not convinced Brooklyn is lock to make the Finals either.

What filler from Denver ?
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

What filler from Denver ?

I posted earlier in this thread but hypothetically.

Lowry + Powell for Harris + Barton + Bol + FRP

or

Lowry + Davis II for Harris + Bol + Campazzo + Nnaji + FRP
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,694

Post#113 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 pm

BullyKing wrote:I feel to evaluate any Lowry to Philly deal, we need to be told whether this is the universe where Lowry would resign with Philly for cheap or the universe where Lowry is one of the top FAs and will get a big deal after this season.

I would have $20M as Lowry's floor unless he just decides he wants to go take the MLE from a contender. Which could include Philly, but I hate the tired trope of well we'll just sign him in FA. Especially in a situation where his market value is well north of what can be offered. I mean if Miami or Dallas can't get a younger guy worth paying Lowry would be perfect for 2 years for both. Knicks could use a PG desperately in the short-term.

Assuming ownership is willing I would have Philly wanting Lowry to agree to an extension as part of the deal.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#114 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Broken into two parts.

Love part 1, think that value is dead on. You can even drop the protection to top 5.

Not so much part 2, though. Let’s just go ahead and skip that.
HartfordWhalers

Post#115 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BullyKing wrote:I feel to evaluate any Lowry to Philly deal, we need to be told whether this is the universe where Lowry would resign with Philly for cheap or the universe where Lowry is one of the top FAs and will get a big deal after this season.

I would have $20M as Lowry's floor unless he just decides he wants to go take the MLE from a contender. Which could include Philly, but I hate the tired trope of well we'll just sign him in FA. Especially in a situation where his market value is well north of what can be offered. I mean if Miami or Dallas can't get a younger guy worth paying Lowry would be perfect for 2 years for both. Knicks could use a PG desperately in the short-term.

Assuming ownership is willing I would have Philly wanting Lowry to agree to an extension as part of the deal.

Yeah, I think you are right here. An extend and trade would make sense for Philly (or Denver), and probably for Lowry as well. Adds to the complexity of a potential deal, but also makes it easier for Toronto to get a 2 1st type return.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#116 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:47 pm

the_process wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Broken into two parts.

Love part 1, think that value is dead on. You can even drop the protection to top 5.

Not so much part 2, though. Let’s just go ahead and skip that.

Part 1 by itself will not get you Lowry, not when the greatest (arguably only?) real asset is a very late first.
Parataxis
General Manager

Post#117 » by Parataxis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:49 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah, I think you are right here. An extend and trade would make sense for Philly (or Denver), and probably for Lowry as well. Adds to the complexity of a potential deal, but also makes it easier for Toronto to get a 2 1st type return.

Lowry is currently on a one year extension to his previous contract. He's not extension eligible. (At least for the Raptors. I don't know about other teams? It could be different, maybe?)
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,694

Post#118 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Parataxis wrote:Lowry is currently on a one year extension to his previous contract. He's not extension eligible. (At least for the Raptors. I don't know about other teams? It could be different, maybe?)

So if that's accurate that might soften his market some. Now some teams would be willing to deal for him as an expiring, but we know for instance 2 teams had deals worked out for Gallo last deadline, but contingent on him agreeing to an extension which he didn't.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Parataxis
General Manager

Post#119 » by Parataxis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Parataxis wrote:Lowry is currently on a one year extension to his previous contract. He's not extension eligible. (At least for the Raptors. I don't know about other teams? It could be different, maybe?)

So if that's accurate that might soften his market some. Now some teams would be willing to deal for him as an expiring, but we know for instance 2 teams had deals worked out for Gallo last deadline, but contingent on him agreeing to an extension which he didn't.

Yup. At this point, if a team is trading for him, it (if they're running their team properly) is either for the playoff push, or to acquire his resigning rights for cap management purposes.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#120 » by nevetsov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 am

If Orlando wants to continue their playoff push, they could use a guy like Lowry in the wake of the Fultz injury. Have a slew of young prospects and salary to choose from.

Return to Trades and Transactions