Do Sixers need to make counter move given Nets acquired Harden?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Do the Sixers need to make a countermove in season?

Yes, major move
40%
Yes, minor move
20%
No, Status Quo
10%
Maybe, should wait and see what buyout market is
30%

Total votes: 10

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Do Sixers need to make counter move given Nets acquired Harden? 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Now that Harden has been dealt to Brooklyn, do the Sixers need to make a counter move during season?

If your answer is yes to major or minor move, who should main target be?

I still think target should be Kyle Lowry which would have to include Green/Scott/Fergusson among other pieces (Thybulle and/or 2021 1st with Thomas and Bembry coming to Sixers as well for roster balance purposes)
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Re: Do Sixers need to make counter move given Nets acquired Harden? 

Post#2 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm

They're not going to contend without a move, but that doesn't mean they *have to* do something win-now just to take a roll of the dice.

Morey's been here for about an hour and a half - let him build the way he sees fit for the near future.
GDTBATH
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#3 » by cl2117 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Nah. They've got a plan and Doc/Morey clearly think that Embiid/Simmons can be a thing with the other talent they've got around them (hence not budging on Maxey).

I don't think this should change their approach at all, other than maybe solidify their commitment to Ben because if you're not moving him for Harden, there aren't really any other guys you'd rather.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 pm

My question is where is Ben Simmons most effective? I don't watch all the time but my impression was that Ben would be great as a point forward given his size and defensive abilities, allowing the Sixers to acquire a shooter/PG type as a third banana. Is that a correct impression? If so, the question is how big an upgrade are we talking about.

Buddy? Rozier?
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#5 » by cl2117 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:06 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:My question is where is Ben Simmons most effective? I don't watch all the time but my impression was that Ben would be great as a point forward given his size and defensive abilities, allowing the Sixers to acquire a shooter/PG type as a third banana. Is that a correct impression? If so, the question is how big an upgrade are we talking about.

Buddy? Rozier?

I think that's the only spot he's effective. But he's a perennial all-star point-forward. You just need to commit to finding non traditional PG's who can work next to him.

Jrue Holiday I feel like would have been perfect. If they could muster enough of a package for one of Sacramento's stud PG's, that'd also be a great fit. I think they need a level above Hield/Rozier who might fit, but are pretty flawed themselves, but I guess if the whole team is geared around Ben at point-forward it could work.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#6 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Now that Harden has been dealt to Brooklyn, do the Sixers need to make a counter move during season?

If your answer is yes to major or minor move, who should main target be?

I still think target should be Kyle Lowry which would have to include Green/Scott/Fergusson among other pieces (Thybulle and/or 2021 1st with Thomas and Bembry coming to Sixers as well for roster balance purposes)

I don’t think the Sixers will have to make a move. That Brooklyn team is going to drive itself off a cliff, especially if they keep Kyrie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Green/Maxey/Thybulle/filler/picks for Beal?

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#8 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm

In response to the BK deal? No. But they've got enough expiring bench fodder that they should make some type of deal. And they could certainly use a quality playmaking guard
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:25 pm

gswhoops wrote:Green/Maxey/Thybulle/filler/picks for Beal?

Philly can't offer the picks that would be needed here since they owe OKC a protected 2025.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#10 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 pm

gswhoops wrote:Green/Maxey/Thybulle/filler/picks for Beal?

Why would the Wizards do anything close to this? You wrote filler, but Green and Thybulle are literally just that.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#11 » by NYG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:56 pm

I could see exploring what a Thybulle, Scott, Ferguson and ‘21 1st package returns to see if you find anything worth it.

Return to Trades and Transactions