ImageImageImage

Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Re: Harden to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#801 » by Triple7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:41 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Danny could try to trade Kemba plus assets for Beal. A Smart, Beal, Brown, Tatum, Thompson starting 5 would be a legit contender and fearsome defensive force. Would still have TPE to make a move to solidify roster.

That would be a good lineup, we could compete if we only had a legit rim protector in the middle. TT won’t just cut it. He doesn’t block shots and doesn’t play above the rim. We are better off with timelord at the middle. Is there a way we can get Jarret Allen? :D

Jarret Allen career block % = 4.4
Daniel Theis career block % = 4.5

Enough with the stats lol. Just watch the game man! Theis sucks at post defense. It’s a layup fest with Theis in the middle. If the last series against the raps and Heat wasn’t telling enough, then i don’t know what will.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#802 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Jarret Allen career FG% on shots 0-3 ft from basket = .729
Daniel Theis career FG% on shots 0-3 ft from basket = .742
Triple7
RealGM

Post#803 » by Triple7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:44 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Sure, we can do that, but the only way to get Beal and keep Brown means were trading Tatum and that one doesnt really make sense either.

I don’t think we need Beal now, just as long as Kemba returns fully healthy. Lets focus on getting someone like Jarret allen to man the middle. Man, how i wish we have a guy like that that can grab 13-15 boards consistently, and can finish around the rim easily. Someone that tall and long, that can really bother alter shots. Tatum can play the 4, with not much pressure to help guard other teams 5.

Timelord does all of those things.

I agree. If you can back read a little, i said we are better off with Timelord in the middle. Definitely a better rim protector than Theis and TT. The problem with Timelord, is Stevens treats him like a 3rd string center.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#804 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Yea let’s trade for dipo so he leaves us in the off season- literally 4 months from now for nothing .....makes sense that’ll do it guys
Triple7
RealGM

Post#805 » by Triple7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Jarret Allen career FG% on shots 0-3 ft from basket = .729
Daniel Theis career FG% on shots 0-3 ft from basket = .742

:lol: No wonder everytime we played Allen and the Nets, he turns into Shaq against us. Getting all those boards, and unstoppable inside. While Theis can’t even score underneath against Jimmy Butler! :lol:
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#806 » by cl2117 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I am pessimistic because we had team Lebron coming out of the east 8 seasons in a row and we knew this before the seasons even started. For two years there was some unknowns in the east with the Raps winning and Miami making an improbable finals run.

Now the east is back to 2010-2018 all over again where, unless the Nets have some catastrophic injuries, Brooklyn could come out of the east for the next several years. I don't think it will be an 8 year run like team Lebron had but it could be 3 or 4. The only thing they people can hope for is that this implodes. Worse case is Irving stays AWAL and the Nets are as good as the Lakers were last year, best case is he plays and they are the Warriors during their run.

Tatum, Brown are good and maybe Walker as well if he is healthy but the nets have elite talent. Durant and Harden are top 5 players and Irving is a top 5 PG in the NBA. Yeah they don't have much depth as I type this (Lakers didn't either and they won last year) but some ring chasers will sign there for free.

It is just very disheartening when it finally looks like there was some semblance of uncertainty in the east then this happens.

The Nets are quite literally playing with fire. They've got no chance to practice this year with the trio, I think they don't hit their stride until next year. They might still make it to the finals based on pure talent, but it's not going to be smooth given what they're trying to do.

They're all only signed for 2 seasons. KD is 32, Kyrie is 28 (and a nutcase) and Harden is 31. 2/3 have serious injury history. This isn't set up to be guaranteed anything. I think next year they're going to be absolutely beastly, but I'm not as worried beyond then. They re-sign with KD 34, Harden 33 and Kyrie 30 with the mental age of a 13 year old.

I just don't think the sky is falling. I'm SO much happier he's in Brooklyn than Philly or Miami or even Toronto. We are still in an amazing spot. Jaylen and Jayson aren't just good, they're great. They're chomping at the heels of these cats and at least Tatum is gonna overtake them.

They might end up being a dynasty, but these guys are anything but stable. I wouldn't bet my house on it.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#807 » by CSL_1904 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Bohemian wrote:Our team needs to add talent in order to become a contender. I think you have two ways to do it at least:

1) Trust this core of Kemba, Jayson and Jaylen. In order for this team to compete you need to add some players via the different TPEs created. We need at least a versatile forward (Barnes?) or an offensive weapon (Ross?) to give his core a chance to advance to the Eastern Conference finals again. I don´t believe this team as it is, will be able to get there right now. And the finals are really unlikely.

2) Use once or several of Brown, Smart, Theis to get a player like Beal. And also you would need to add players for the bench anyway.

I guess Danny will choose 1. But doing nothing takes us to disappointment in the playoffs. We have a worse team than last year. I think any fan can agree with this, at least.

Totally agree. If we are going to stick with this core at least give them a proper chance
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#808 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Draft a Jimmy Butler or Jokic with the late 1st this season. That's all we need to do really.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#809 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 pm

We are not getting Beal. The days of getting a star for junk/reasonable offer seem to be over. It’s a sellers market.

I love how on the GB some are saying Houston got fleeced. Yeah....sure. Dudes a MVP. But he’s older, he got fatter and stopped caring on purpose. Basically quit and said yeah this team sucks and they still got 8 picks and a trade piece in Dipo for him lol.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#810 » by Triple7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#811 » by cl2117 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:We are not getting Beal. The days of getting a star for junk/reasonable offer seem to be over. It’s a sellers market.

I love how on the GB some are saying Houston got fleeced. Yeah....sure. Dudes a MVP. But he’s older, he got fatter and stopped caring on purpose. Basically quit and said yeah this team sucks and they still got 8 picks and a trade piece in Dipo for him lol.

Yeah the honeymoon will end at some point for the Nets and you've got the fat version of the Beard, flat-earth/no mask Kyrie and cupcake Durant.

I just don't see how it doesn't implode at some stage.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,441

Post#812 » by SichtingLives » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 pm

I think the real worry is how well the Nets could potentially round that team out by dealing Irving. With Harden in the mix they don't need him or certainly whatever he's doing off the court, KD might already be done with him and he's still gonna command a handsome return. Could've actually been the underlying reason behind acquiring Harden is they've already known that Kyrie is imploding and are prepared for liftoff from planet Flat World B. Free
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Post#813 » by TheMartian » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Not sure if already posted and if the tweet is reliable but:

Read on Twitter

There may still be a hope for the East if true.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#814 » by Wes-J » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Wes-J wrote:Glad that's over with.

Now I just wish for everyone to discuss how we get Beal without giving up Brown. :nod:

This should be Ainge's singular focus as of right now.

Sure, we can do that, but the only way to get Beal and keep Brown means were trading Tatum and that one doesnt really make sense either.

Wait, didn't Houston just ship a HOF and current top 5 talent for Dipo and a bunch of first round picks that may as well be second round picks? So much for young star player in return.

Anything can happen never say never. Nobody saw that kind of trade coming.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#815 » by Wes-J » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

SichtingLives wrote:I think the real worry is how well the Nets could potentially round that team out by dealing Irving. With Harden in the mix they don't need him or certainly whatever he's doing off the court, KD might already be done with him and he's still gonna command a handsome return. Could've actually been the underlying reason behind acquiring Harden is they've already known that Kyrie is imploding and are prepared for liftoff from planet Flat World B. Free

First thing I thought. I think they're dealing Kyrie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#816 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Wes-J wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Wes-J wrote:Glad that's over with.

Now I just wish for everyone to discuss how we get Beal without giving up Brown. :nod:

This should be Ainge's singular focus as of right now.

Wait, didn't Houston just ship a HOF and current top 5 talent for Dipo and a bunch of first round picks that may as well be second round picks? So much for young star player in return.

They sent unprotected firsts out 7 years into the future for a team who’s best players are 31 and 32 years old.

Were not going to offer Kemba and 7 firsts for Beal. Nor are 7 firsts from a team who’s best players are 22 and 24 nearly as valuable as what the Nets traded.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,858

Post#817 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Wes-J wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

They sent unprotected firsts out 7 years into the future for a team who’s best players are 31 and 32 years old.

Were not going to offer Kemba and 7 firsts for Beal. Nor are 7 firsts from a team who’s best players are 22 and 24 nearly as valuable as what the Nets traded.

Tatum recruitment could help us if he decides to take the AD route.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#818 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm

I would have done Theis going out and take back Prince/Allen with the TPE if that was on the table for us. Prince is a bad 2 year deal but as long as we avoid the tax this year it's fine IMO. He actually fits alright as a combo forward with some 3&D to him.

Not even saying Allen is the best piece for us but he has standalone value. He could have easily been flipped afterwards for value without the Prince deal tied to him.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#819 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Wes-J wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:I think the real worry is how well the Nets could potentially round that team out by dealing Irving. With Harden in the mix they don't need him or certainly whatever he's doing off the court, KD might already be done with him and he's still gonna command a handsome return. Could've actually been the underlying reason behind acquiring Harden is they've already known that Kyrie is imploding and are prepared for liftoff from planet Flat World B. Free

Who would want him?
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 9,931

Post#820 » by fallguy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 pm

Wes-J wrote:

His value around the league is way less than people think.

Return to Boston Celtics