Siakam, Lowry and Powell to Philly

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Siakam, Lowry and Powell to Philly 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:38 am

Toronto trades: Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell
Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons, Danny Green, Tyrese Maxey, Mike Scott, 2021 PHI 1st
Why Toronto does it: get a young star to build around and recoup some value for guys that may be leaving next season (Lowry/Powell).
Why Philadelphia does it: balance the roster a bit, get two elite players to put around Embiid/Harris and a serviceable 2 guard.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Re: Siakam, Lowry and Powell to Philly 

Post#2 » by patman66 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 pm

that is too much from Philly, and Harris has to play the 4. Why the hell is Philly throwing in a first?
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#3 » by jbent87 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 pm

way too much. What's with the over-inflation of 35 year old Lowrys value on here? I would love a Lowry homecoming... as a FA, or trade for expiring's and a protected 1. I'm not giving up Simmons and Maxey for slightly better value than/equal value as Ben Simmons in Siakam, to go along wiith Lowry and nice player Powell. Essentially the Harden package, for Siakam and Lowry. No chance.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#4 » by Parataxis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm

jbent87 wrote:way too much. What's with the over-inflation of 35 year old Lowrys value on here? I would love a Lowry homecoming... as a FA, or trade for expiring's and a protected 1. I'm not giving up Simmons and Maxey for slightly better value than/equal value as Ben Simmons in Siakam, to go along wiith Lowry and nice player Powell. Essentially the Harden package, for Siakam and Lowry. No chance.

Lowry isn't 35, and as an expiring, his age isn't really relevant regardless.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Harris definitely best at the 4, so I think something would have to give in terms of him and Siakim being on the same roster
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Parataxis wrote:Lowry isn't 35, and as an expiring, his age isn't really relevant regardless.

If Lowry is just a rental, it lowers his value considerably, no?
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,759

Post#7 » by MessiahUjiri » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm

I think this is actually a lot closer than many people realize, especially after Simmons has already been publicly put out on the block.

Good job.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
HartfordWhalers

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm

I have Simmons a better fit with Embiid than Siakim, so a simplified Lowry for Green +++ type smaller but still big deal deal would make more sense to me. Again, skipping what the plus plus is, as it has been debated in hundreds of posts (thus the Lowry megathread).
HartfordWhalers

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:I think this is actually a lot closer than many people realize, especially after Simmons has already been publicly put out on the block.

Good job.

Offered for a top 3 player =/= put on the block. Come on now...
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#10 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Parataxis wrote:
jbent87 wrote:way too much. What's with the over-inflation of 35 year old Lowrys value on here? I would love a Lowry homecoming... as a FA, or trade for expiring's and a protected 1. I'm not giving up Simmons and Maxey for slightly better value than/equal value as Ben Simmons in Siakam, to go along wiith Lowry and nice player Powell. Essentially the Harden package, for Siakam and Lowry. No chance.

Lowry isn't 35, and as an expiring, his age isn't really relevant regardless.

While it's a semantical point, he'll be 35 when the playoffs come around and since the only way this deal makes sense for the Sixers is if they plan to re-sign him, his age does become relevant.
GDTBATH
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#11 » by Parataxis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Parataxis wrote:Lowry isn't 35, and as an expiring, his age isn't really relevant regardless.

If Lowry is just a rental, it lowers his value considerably, no?

Lowry's value is what it is because he's potentially a rental, absolutely. If he was signed to a five year contract, his value would be different. (And if he had a five year contract, his age would be relevant)

But anybody trading for him now, is trading him for the help he can provide this year. As with any player, anything past their UFA years is never guaranteed.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#12 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

I think there's a much simpler deal to be had for Lowry without muddying the waters with a Simmons/Pascal swap.

Return to Trades and Transactions