ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh vs Siakam

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Re: Bosh vs Siakam 

Post#81 » by bluerap23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm

Bosh would be super interesting in the modern NBA. He didn't start shooting the 3 until his age 29 season and he became efficient with it. He would be an ideal 5 today. Still, I don't think he could have won as a #1 option. Even though he never got the chance to be #2 he probably would have been good in that role. Pascal proved he could be #2. I don't think he can be #1, but the jury is still out. He was terrible from bubble until a few games ago, but I definitely like what I am seeing now. If he becomes a 20-10-7 player that plays defence that is pretty special. Obviously we still need a guy that can score on his own and that ain't him.

This thread needs a poll because it is pretty interesting debate. It can't truly be answered because Pascal is in his prime right now and we don't know where it will go. We have the full story on Bosh.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#82 » by billy_hoyle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 pm

You would think that this would be a relatively easy comparison, both skinny PFs, but their games are quite different.

Bosh AND Spicy P, in today's NBA would be something.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#83 » by Live Free » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Reeko wrote:
Live Free wrote:CB was a top 5 PF as a Raptor.. Siakam is barely a top 30 player if that

Can you name 5 better PF's than Siakam?

KD Giannas AD Sabonis Zion .. 2 more outplaying siakam this year jerami grant and Julius Randle..

Now do a top 25-30 nba player ranking with siakam in it..Cause I can do 30 without
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#84 » by bon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Bosh never wanted to be a lead guy and wouldn't even play the same position as Pascal in today's game.

I'm taking Siakam just based off versatility.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,752

Post#85 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 pm

word wrote:Lets just say if we had bosh last year vs boston instead of siakam..we might have won that series in 5 games

Probably 6 :D . Bosh did struggle against Mikki Moore. But even his bad playoff numbers with Toronto are still light years over Siakams. Still a big gap between the two.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,920

Post#86 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Live Free wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Live Free wrote:CB was a top 5 PF as a Raptor.. Siakam is barely a top 30 player if that

KD Giannas AD Sabonis Zion .. 2 more outplaying siakam this year jerami grant and Julius Randle..

Now do a top 25-30 nba player ranking with siakam in it..Cause I can do 30 without

The first three are undeniable, but arguments can be made for Siakam over the other 4 especially when you factor in defense.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Post#87 » by mulamutti » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:I don't have an ounce of hate in my heart for Pascal, but this is easily Bosh.

Pretty much agree right now, and not even because Siakam's been having a tough time since the bubble.

Bosh could manufacture his own bucket from the post. Siakam can't seem to do that unless his play originates from ball movement and speed. He can't seem to get double teams as much as Bosh does when just being post up. Bosh is also probably the better defender, but not by that much.

I think Siakam does have the higher ceiling. He can be a primary ball handler and play creator and is more suited to today's nba. So Siakam, when all is said and done could have a better career. We'll have to wait and see.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#88 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Chris Bosh. It's not even close for me.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#89 » by 720 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Bosh could never impose his will into a game. It happened occasionally, once in a blue moon but he didn't have the effect Lowry or Kawhi have where when they're on they could shift all momentum and completely dominate the game on both ends.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,752

Post#90 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

bluerap23 wrote:Bosh would be super interesting in the modern NBA. He didn't start shooting the 3 until his age 29 season and he became efficient with it. He would be an ideal 5 today. Still, I don't think he could have won as a #1 option. Even though he never got the chance to be #2 he probably would have been good in that role. Pascal proved he could be #2. I don't think he can be #1, but the jury is still out. He was terrible from bubble until a few games ago, but I definitely like what I am seeing now. If he becomes a 20-10-7 player that plays defence that is pretty special. Obviously we still need a guy that can score on his own and that ain't him.

This thread needs a poll because it is pretty interesting debate. It can't truly be answered because Pascal is in his prime right now and we don't know where it will go. We have the full story on Bosh.

Definitely not a number one, we saw that. But he was damn close. That efficiency was incredible, there was just some physical limitations for what he could do. Footwork, explosiveness, mechanics, wasn’t quite fluid enough or explosive enough to say he could score on any match up. That becomes important in the playoffs when they stick a long mobile defender on you.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#91 » by bluerap23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Live Free wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Grant and Randle? Ah, Ok
edgehead411
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#92 » by edgehead411 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Whats interesting about this debate is that while these players are really similar to the point where it could go either way; I think they could have been an unbelievable duo with Siakam playing the SF.
PM me if interested in writing about the Toronto Raptors!
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#93 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Bosh got locked down by no name scrubs in the playoffs.

The people who want him never saw him choke his posterior off as the first option. He sucked, unless Lebron/Wade/Allen came with him.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#94 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Live Free wrote:
Reeko wrote:

I know sabonis plays pf when turner is on but that dude is basically a C.

Zion also isn’t better yet. He’s played like 30 nba games. Pelicans are sucking again this year and he has a more talented roster around him than siakam. His stats aren’t really better than siakam’s either and pascal had a really slow start.

Randle can’t guard anything and he easily gives up as much as he gives Grant has been better over a 10 game sample. If he plays better over the course of an entire season I’d agree.

Pascal is definitely a top 30 player. I’m not going to start listing players but he’s top 30 for sure. I’d even say he’s 20-25.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#95 » by brownbobcat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

JPriest wrote:As of today it's Bosh. His jumper was automatic and no other big man could keep up with him when he drove. Defences had to pick their poison with him. GIve him space he'll bury the jumper, play him tight, he'll run past you. Automatic 20-10. He'd be a top 15-20 player in the modern NBA. and yeah his supporting cast was beyond god awful while on the Raptors lol. Should Siakam reach an area close to his ceiling as a player, then he could be better than Bosh.

The problem with Bosh as a #1 was that he didn't make great decisions with the ball outside of getting his own shot. That made him too easy to scheme against in the playoffs and he had trouble adjusting whenever he did run into a defender like KG who physically outmatched him.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#96 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:51 pm

He was a black whole on offence as the first option. The ball went into the post and never came out. He slowed the offence down a lot.

People now would go nuts now if he was their first option. He dribbled the air out of the ball, his finishing move was flailing wildly while crying to the ref for a foul. Because, he was too skinny (and slow) to get his own shot without the calls.
aj174
Senior
And1: 900

Post#97 » by aj174 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:51 pm

Prime CB4 was a beast...it's a shame we didn't have the type of supporting cast we do now. If we did, we'd have gone to the conference finals at least once if we had a Lowry at the time.

Bosh had a lethal midrange, a quick first step, and was ahead of his time in terms of being the perfect modern day centre for todays NBA. His pick and roll defense was good, man to man wasn't great but today it would be enough. Great rebounder.

Siakam I'd say is a better defender, but Bosh has a quicker first step and is more lethal in the triple threat due to his better shot making, butter midrange jumper. He was also a decent passer from the post on the double, Siakam needs to get better with his reads on who to pass to and when.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#98 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

I don't care who they put around him, if you can't beat Jason Collins as a first option. You suck.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#99 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Double post.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#100 » by NeoDragonKnight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Id say Bosh, but at the same time Bosh was a flawed #1 as well. Id call him a boarderline franchise player. He did have a good team around him in 06-07 in that cinderalla season, and that team played some of the best team ball ever on the Raptors, they just couldn't properly replace the players they were losing or aging and brought in chuckers and lost the great ball movement and depth that made them successful. Bosh's playoff performances kind of exposed his game as a #1 as teams learned to put faster longer players on him like SFs instead of PFs where Bosh had the advantage. Rashard Lewis did a great job on him. Bosh played horribly against Jersey in particular along with Graham (hands down worst playoff perfomance by a Raptor of all time), but I kind of give him a pass because it was his first playoffs, it was just a disapointment after such a magical season (The rest of the team actually played pretty well/solid, Parker, Rasho, Fordaron, Bargs).

Return to Toronto Raptors