Nets trade for Harden!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#221 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 pm

What’s up homies? :lift:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#222 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Cockers wrote:Happy im no brooklyn fan. 2 problem players on the team... good luck

Thanks a lot! We're happy your not a Brooklyn fan. I'm sure you'll be rooting for everyone against the Nets while they play on TNT and national tv...we welcome the chase #NetsvsEverybody
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#223 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 pm

What a day yesterday was! Some thoughts now that I've had time to process:

- Some of my friends texted me that the Rockets had no leverage so why did the Nets pay up so much. (and I agree, I think they gave up a LOT of future equity)
But I had to respond that the Rockets could've shipped him to Philly, and the Nets would have to play against him multiple times in Division and in the same Conference in the playoffs. So yes, Rockets DID have leverage.

- Also, trying to remind myself it's about NOW and not the future. And even though we gave up so much draft stock, we can easily get it back. Didn't Marks just write the textbook for how to rebuild a franchise? In a couple years, he could trade some of the star players for picks (small market teams?) and he could take on bogus contracts for draft picks. So once I start thinking about like that, I'm not too worried.

- Yeah losing those guys who helped build this team back into one to root for are gone, and we're gonna miss them. Losing Allen, Levert, and Prince stinks.... but #1) we weren't gonna pay Allen what he was worth, 2) Levert had all star potential, but we're in year 5 now? when will we see the consistent season, and 3) Prince tbh is replaceable and was nice to move his deal for Harden's deal.

- We got to keep Dinwiddie for next year, that's awesome.

- We will also get to see some of these other guys step up now, like Chiozza, Johnson, Perry, etc. and I'm excited for all of them still.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#224 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:What a day yesterday was! Some thoughts now that I've had time to process:

- Some of my friends texted me that the Rockets had no leverage so why did the Nets pay up so much. (and I agree, I think they gave up a LOT of future equity)
But I had to respond that the Rockets could've shipped him to Philly, and the Nets would have to play against him multiple times in Division and in the same Conference in the playoffs. So yes, Rockets DID have leverage.

- Also, trying to remind myself it's about NOW and not the future. And even though we gave up so much draft stock, we can easily get it back. Didn't Marks just write the textbook for how to rebuild a franchise? In a couple years, he could trade some of the star players for picks (small market teams?) and he could take on bogus contracts for draft picks. So once I start thinking about like that, I'm not too worried.

- Yeah losing those guys who helped build this team back into one to root for are gone, and we're gonna miss them. Losing Allen, Levert, and Prince stinks.... but #1) we weren't gonna pay Allen what he was worth, 2) Levert had all star potential, but we're in year 5 now? when will we see the consistent season, and 3) Prince tbh is replaceable and was nice to move his deal for Harden's deal.

- We will also get to see some of these other guys step up now, like Chiozza, Johnson, Perry, etc. and I'm excited for all of them still.

Also the waiver wire runs through Brooklyn as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Drummond or a serious player who will join the Nets after being cut once out of playoff contention. We have the disabled player and mid level available. Can't wait to watch these 3 play together.

Here is a player I think is my sleeper pick to join the Nets who could end up waived......LaMarcus Aldridge. I think the Spurs will just miss out on playoffs and they look to let Aldridge jump onto a playoff team. What about Blake Griffin even, I know he has a player option in the summer but I don't see him staying with Pistons, maybe they cut him but not sure of the rules around releasing someone with an option. Point is there will be serious options the Nets can look to bring in.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,843

Post#225 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:What’s up homies? :lift:

did you get in on those Nets championship odds before the spike? :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#226 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:What a day yesterday was! Some thoughts now that I've had time to process:

Also the waiver wire runs through Brooklyn as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Drummond or a serious player who will join the Nets after being cut once out of playoff contention. We have the disabled player and mid level available. Can't wait to watch these 3 play together.

Here is a player I think is my sleeper pick to join the Nets who could end up waived......LaMarcus Aldridge. I think the Spurs will just miss out on playoffs and they look to let Aldridge jump onto a playoff team. What about Blake Griffin even, I know he has a player option in the summer but I don't see him staying with Pistons, maybe they cut him but not sure of the rules around releasing someone with an option. Point is there will be serious options the Nets can look to bring in.

that's a great point. Nets should be able to easily get a big man to throw into the rotation at some point this season.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#227 » by Lamak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

after thinking it through more, im ready to see this come together, we have a chance to do something special. 3 top 15 players in their primes wowowow.
Brooklyn Nets
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#228 » by haosmoove » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

For everyone worried about the repeat of the Celtics trade. Let's look at it from another perspective.

In 6 years, after we win 3 or more rings, we will trade the 38 yo KD and 37 yo Harden for 5 unprotected 1sts.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#229 » by Suwanee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Rockets fan here. Been a Rox fan since the T-Mac era. Sad to see The Beard go. For all his faults, he's a generational talent. I'll start following the Nets too now. No need to worry about depth. Brooklyn becomes a prime target for ring-chasing vets in the buyout market. Biggest concern is if the trio can mesh together and grow chemistry. If they do, WATCH OUT NBA!
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#230 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#231 » by drchaos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Hopefully we will attract a bunch of ring chasers on cheap contracts.

We should do what it takes to keep Spencer here for a long time.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#232 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#233 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#234 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#235 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#236 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#237 » by Openheimer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Offensive firepower extraordinar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,843

Post#238 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Live look at Mike D'Antoni:

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Drink in all those opposition NBA fan tears....I love the hate, love it. All the people saying "It won't work" "No defense" all the nonsense will just add more fuel to the 3 superstars. Bring it on.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#240 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Cheers to us and hopefully success thru the season to the finals!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets