Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Re: Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#721 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:30 am

Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.

As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

I want to keep Zach, just commenting on the best scenarios out there for him.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#722 » by Southpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:God damn, we could trade for Jarrett Allen! That would be easily duable!!! Come on AK, Allen is much better center than WCJ.

I too would've liked to see Allen on the Bulls but he'll be an RFA this year along with Markannen.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#723 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 am

Southpaw wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:God damn, we could trade for Jarrett Allen! That would be easily duable!!! Come on AK, Allen is much better center than WCJ.

I too would've liked to see Allen on the Bulls but he'll be an RFA this year along with Markannen.

Don't see the Cavs not matching an offer though. This just confirms they aren't planning to re-sign Drummond.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#724 » by Southpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 am

cjbulls wrote:
Southpaw wrote:

Don't see the Cavs not matching an offer though. This just confirms they aren't planning to re-sign Drummond.

Agreed, they traded for him as a cheaper Drummond replacement. He fits well with SexLand age wise too.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#725 » by Indomitable » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

WYO wrote:Didn't Kyrie cry about being Robin to LeBron's batman? How is he going to feel now that he is Alfred?

He decide it is easier to be a max Alfred.
:banghead:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#726 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This trade is insane. :o

It really is a big wow.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#727 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:I think this is the beginning of the Rockets basically turning into another Kings/Wolves. A terrible owner who's both cheap and a meddler.

Depends on what they do with Dipo.

Wall playing (and shooting) pretty well, Exum behind him,

Dipo, backed up by Gordon and McLemore

The rockets current cast of rotation 3s,

Tucker, Wood, Cousins...

Not so terrible this season and between Dipoif resigned, Wood, picks, and any value they can get for Wall....

Wall really hasn't been good. People got excited because of the first game, but he has fallen off quite a bit. Oladipo has never been anything special except for one season. Cousins is completely washed. PJ Tucker is 35 and basically just power forward Bogans at this point.

And now they don't have D'Antoni either, who was absolutely maximizing the talent on that team with how they played, no matter what you might think about the aesthetics of it.

Christian Wood might legitimately be their best player. And that's a very, very bad thing.

People are pissed off at what Harden said, but he was absolutely right. That roster's outlook is horrible. Playing together more was not gonna make things better, it was just gonna be a bunch of old guys getting more tired.

F**k Harden. He MADE that roster.

Is it humanly possible to get any more unlikeable than this guy?
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#728 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 am

cjbulls wrote:
Clocian wrote:Browsing the knicks board as they get whooped by the short handed nets. They want to trade their terrible players like RJ for zach lol.

As someone who is not much of a fan of RJ, he is probably on the better end of what you could get for Zach.

We are quickly running out of contending teams that have quality assets to trade back. Guys like RJ and MPJ are probably the best you can hope for on the high-ceiling end. And realistically, their ceilings are a guy like Zach.

If RJ is the best you can hope for in a trade for Zach.............THEN YOU BETTER KEEP ZACH. Let the Knicks wallow in their own shytty roster, no need to help them out.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant

Post#729 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 am

ZOMG wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Depends on what they do with Dipo.

Wall playing (and shooting) pretty well, Exum behind him,

Dipo, backed up by Gordon and McLemore

The rockets current cast of rotation 3s,

Tucker, Wood, Cousins...

Not so terrible this season and between Dipoif resigned, Wood, picks, and any value they can get for Wall....

Wall really hasn't been good. People got excited because of the first game, but he has fallen off quite a bit. Oladipo has never been anything special except for one season. Cousins is completely washed. PJ Tucker is 35 and basically just power forward Bogans at this point.

And now they don't have D'Antoni either, who was absolutely maximizing the talent on that team with how they played, no matter what you might think about the aesthetics of it.

Christian Wood might legitimately be their best player. And that's a very, very bad thing.

People are pissed off at what Harden said, but he was absolutely right. That roster's outlook is horrible. Playing together more was not gonna make things better, it was just gonna be a bunch of old guys getting more tired.

F**k Harden. He MADE that roster.

Is it humanly possible to get any more unlikeable than this guy?

Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#730 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 am

cjbulls wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Zach's value isn't Bradley Beal, so he's not going to fetch you 4 first-round picks right now. It's hard finding players as good as Zach LaVine, so let's keep him and try to build with him.

That said, if he keeps hovering around 30 ppg and we play respectable ball, then maybe he will fetch you a slew of picks.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Around the NBA: 2020-21 Season 

Post#731 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Zach's value isn't Bradley Beal, so he's not going to fetch you 4 first-round picks right now. It's hard finding players as good as Zach LaVine, so let's keep him and try to build with him.

That said, if he keeps hovering around 30 ppg and we play respectable ball, then maybe he will fetch you a slew of picks.

But are picks what we need? That won't move us forward and we aren't hitting the reset button again. I think building with him is the right move. We have yet to put the right pieces around him so it's tough to evaluate the team as a whole.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#732 » by imagge » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Yep. Harden gets no sympathy. I hope he goes his whole career without ever having a chance to play for the title, much less win one.

Small footnote....He has already played in a finals with OKC
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#733 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 pm

imagge wrote:

That was against Miami. As Bulls fans we have blocked that stuff from our memory.

troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#734 » by troza » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
imagge wrote:

That was against Miami. As Bulls fans we have blocked that stuff from our memory.

:lol:

But for me I would still rather see the Nets win than the Lakers. But as the Bulls have no chance, I'm actually rooting for the Mavs or the Heat now. The Heat just for Butler :D
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,551

Post#735 » by Ice Man » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 pm

I turned on Dallas-Charlotte yesterday to watch the Luka-LaMelo battle. But no battle, instead a reminder that rookies are rookies, and 3rd year generational players are not.

Luka - 34/13/9, 35 minutes
Ball - 4/7/5, 25 minutes

As Thibs liked to say about rookies, don't rely on them if you are planning on winning. Of course, LaMelo will be a good one. Whether anywhere near Luka's level, I dunno. Man that guy takes over games.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#736 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

We're not picking him up and that's that.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#737 » by ZOMG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 pm

ZOMG wrote:To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

LOL!! Too late, someone already suggested just that in the Harden thread.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant

Post#738 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

imagge wrote:

Small adjustment, I hope Harden does not play in the NBA Finals again during his career.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#739 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:08 pm

troza wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:
imagge wrote:

:lol:

But for me I would still rather see the Nets win than the Lakers. But as the Bulls have no chance, I'm actually rooting for the Mavs or the Heat now. The Heat just for Butler :D

i hate the heat also but i still wish butler well ...i have a feeling we will see kyrie there soon
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#740 » by jc23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:34 pm

ZOMG wrote:To all: please, PLEASE don't even mention Bruno Caboclo.

who he play fo?
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls