Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX 

Post#1421 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Dat2U wrote:
TGW wrote:Simmons is giving the Sixers front office headaches. That means he'd give this FO a damn heart attack.

Do not trade for Simmons under any circumstances. He has a Kyrie Irving personality.

Your going have to point out the times where Simmons went AWOL on his teammates because I have a tough time remembering when that happened.

I don't know about going AWOL, but from what I've read, he's a loaner and he breaks team rules.

Read on Twitter

Do not trade for this guy.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Official Trade Thread -- PartXXXIX 

Post#1422 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 pm

doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Why didn’t we trade for Allen? Cavaliers literally got him for a bag of chips

Allen??? No Allen on the Cavs. What flavor chips, btw?

If you mean Jarrett Allen & the Nets -- they drafted him in 2017.

You been asleep old man? Yes Jarrett Allen was part of the massive Harden trade. He is now on the same team as Andre Drummond. The Cavs.

...which brings me to my new fear of the Wiz trading for Drummond. Otoh, I'd love a Drummond plus filler trade for Westbrook - since Drummond does have an expiring contract.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1423 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:58 pm

If we do something like a Beal for Collins trade, it appears that Atl's move to use him at PF (with Capella at C) has been successful. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2039745
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JAR69
Senior
And1: 224

Post#1424 » by JAR69 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote:Allen??? No Allen on the Cavs. What flavor chips, btw?

If you mean Jarrett Allen & the Nets -- they drafted him in 2017.

You been asleep old man? Yes Jarrett Allen was part of the massive Harden trade. He is now on the same team as Andre Drummond. The Cavs.

...which brings me to my new fear of the Wiz trading for Drummond. Otoh, I'd love a Drummond plus filler trade for Westbrook - since Drummond does have an expiring contract.

<<whispers>> The Cleveland center we should be trading for is JaVale McGee.
<<runs away>>
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1425 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:06 pm

JAR69 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

<<runs away>>

Like when Lebron whispered in Gil's ear before he missed the crucial FT. I could see a terrible trade (for us) of TBJ for JaVale.
JAR69
Senior
And1: 224

Post#1426 » by JAR69 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Ruzious wrote:
JAR69 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:...which brings me to my new fear of the Wiz trading for Drummond. Otoh, I'd love a Drummond plus filler trade for Westbrook - since Drummond does have an expiring contract.

<<runs away>>

Like when Lebron whispered in Gil's ear before he missed the crucial FT. I could see a terrible trade (for us) of TBJ for JaVale.

Ugh, that would be terrible. I was thinking Robinson. But he has another year on his contract, so maybe not.

Also, still pissed at Gil for choking.
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1427 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:58 pm

Wow, Houston wanted Herro, Achiuwa, 2 firsts, Robinson, and Nunn. I would be thrilled with that return for Beal
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1428 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:23 pm

NatP4 wrote:Wow, Houston wanted Herro, Achiuwa, 2 firsts, Robinson, and Nunn. I would be thrilled with that return for Beal

It's possible. Looking at the last boxscore, Achiuwa put up good numbers but... he got destroyed by Embiid. Then again, any rookie center is going to get destroyed by Embiid. Let's not ask for Nunn, btw.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1429 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:48 pm

NatP4 wrote:Wow, Houston wanted Herro, Achiuwa, 2 firsts, Robinson, and Nunn. I would be thrilled with that return for Beal

They cant trade 2 1st. They dont have a 2021 pick, so that rules out their 21 & 22 1st.
They traded their 2023 1st with protections through 2025 (Unprotected in 2026). Therefore, they cant trade any 1st from 2023 to 2027.

They have some of the same issues as Golden State has.
Both teams would have to rescind their protections on their picks to make a move.

I would allow Miami to keep Robinson and Nunn. Make 2023 pick to OKC unprotected. Give us 2025 & 2027 picks unprotected. And have OKC send us a late 1st in 21 or 22 for the removal of protections.

Herro, Achiuwa, 2022 LAC 1st, 2025 & 2027 MIA 1st.
Done.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1430 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:22 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

They cant trade 2 1st. They dont have a 2021 pick, so that rules out their 21 & 22 1st.
They traded their 2023 1st with protections through 2025 (Unprotected in 2026). Therefore, they cant trade any 1st from 2023 to 2027.

They have some of the same issues as Golden State has.
Both teams would have to rescind their protections on their picks to make a move.

I would allow Miami to keep Robinson and Nunn. Make 2023 pick to OKC unprotected. Give us 2025 & 2027 picks unprotected. And have OKC send us a late 1st in 21 or 22 for the removal of protections.

Herro, Achiuwa, 2022 LAC 1st, 2025 & 2027 MIA 1st.
Done.

That's reasonable. I like it as a fall-back plan - if we can't get a nice package involving a top 2 or 3 pick - and I still prefer some of the options with Atlanta - though that might require a 3rd team to be heavily involved.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1431 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Ruzious wrote:

It's possible. Looking at the last boxscore, Achiuwa put up good numbers but... he got destroyed by Embiid. Then again, any rookie center is going to get destroyed by Embiid. Let's not ask for Nunn, btw.

But... Miami didn't give them that package for Harden.

I don't think Miami is likely to trade away a bunch of young players. Period.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1432 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 pm

Take one or two of those assets out of the deal and Miami would’ve done it I’m sure. They have been in the market for another star. I would imagine they pivot to Beal and Possibly Simmons now.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1433 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 pm

The ideas are starting to get interesting. But, as I just wrote, I have trouble believing that Miami will trade a bunch of young players. Some other thoughts...

I think we are in too much of a hurry to conclude that Tyler Herro is going to be something special. I'm not saying he won't be, but I'd say it's too early to place a bet -- & there aren't enough reasons to. Look at the numbers instead of remembering when you saw him do this, that or some other thing.

On the other hand, I can't see how Brad has more trade value than Harden, as Ruz has suggested. He is absolutely playing his ask off the the question right now, but he'll get valued on his whole career not on how he's playing right now. Just as Harden did.

OTOH, I love the idea of a deal w/ OKC -- they have lots of picks, & picks are what we need most.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1434 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm

deleted delightedly
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1435 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 pm

payitforward wrote:The ideas are starting to get interesting. But, as I just wrote, I have trouble believing that Miami will trade a bunch of young players. Some other thoughts...

I think we are in too much of a hurry to conclude that Tyler Herro is going to be something special. I'm not saying he won't be, but I'd say it's too early to place a bet -- & there aren't enough reasons to. Look at the numbers instead of remembering when you saw him do this, that or some other thing.

On the other hand, I can't see how Brad has more trade value than Harden, as Ruz has suggested. He is absolutely playing his ask off the the question right now, but he'll get valued on his whole career not on how he's playing right now. Just as Harden did.

OTOH, I love the idea of a deal w/ OKC -- they have lots of picks, & picks are what we need most.

Yeah, so who are the young players you're talking about that Miami won't trade to get Beal?
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1436 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm

payitforward wrote:The ideas are starting to get interesting. But, as I just wrote, I have trouble believing that Miami will trade a bunch of young players. Some other thoughts...

I would assume he has equal or more trade value because he is 27 not 31, and didn’t demand a trade request and skip training camp to go to strip clubs, and call out the entire organization in his postgame interview, and throw a ball at a rookie leading to an altercation in practice.

Beal is also easier to play with.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1437 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm

Like Nate said, I don’t think OKC is ready to go all in yet, but it would be pretty easy to sell a fanbase on a backcourt of SGA&Beal, and OKC has shown a willingness to trade 1st round picks for star players. Dort, Bazley, and Diallo are all interesting boom or bust type prospects to go along with a handful of 1st round picks. I like the deal also. We could potential add first round picks in each of the next 3 drafts.

Ariza, Miller, Dort, Diallo, Bazley +2021 Heat 1st, 2022 Clippers 1st, 2023 OKC 1st
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#1438 » by Frichuela » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 pm

NatP4 wrote:Like Nate said, I don’t think OKC is ready to go all in yet, but it would be pretty easy to sell a fanbase on a backcourt of SGA&Beal, and OKC has shown a willingness to trade 1st round picks for star players. Dort, Bazley, and Diallo are all interesting boom or bust type prospects to go along with a handful of 1st round picks. I like the deal also. We could potential add first round picks in each of the next 3 drafts.

Ariza, Miller, Dort, Diallo, Bazley +2021 Heat 1st, 2022 Clippers 1st, 2023 OKC 1st

Not interested. I would like to get for a Beal either a sure fire top 3 pick or a young player with star potential and none of those 3 guys look to be that.

It’s tricky because either we believe Herro can be that player or we trade with GS and get lucky with the top 3 protected 2021 Minny pick being a 4-5th pick that fetch us a top prospect.

Other than that I can not see any other trades that would yield a similar return. Can you?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#1439 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 pm

NatP4 wrote:Like Nate said, I don’t think OKC is ready to go all in yet, but it would be pretty easy to sell a fanbase on a backcourt of SGA&Beal, and OKC has shown a willingness to trade 1st round picks for star players. Dort, Bazley, and Diallo are all interesting boom or bust type prospects to go along with a handful of 1st round picks. I like the deal also. We could potential add first round picks in each of the next 3 drafts.

If OKC is involved, I think it should be a 3-way with Beal going to Philly, Simmons to OKC, and a bunch of picks/prospects going to DC. Exactly how many picks and prospects we can extract from Philly and OKC is a matter of speculation.

It makes more sense for OKC because Simmons is younger and more of a future prospect instead of win-now, and he isn't as redundant with SGA.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1440 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Frichuela wrote:

Not interested. I would like to get for a Beal either a sure fire top 3 pick or a young player with star potential and none of those 3 guys look to be that.

It’s tricky because either we believe Herro can be that player or we trade with GS and get lucky with the top 3 protected 2021 Minny pick being a 4-5th pick that fetch us a top prospect.

Other than that I can not see any other trades that would yield a similar return. Can you?

Not really. How often are top 5 picks even traded? And even those picks can still turn into Patrick Williams. I think the best trade is something centered around Collins&Hunter+picks from Atlanta. I know neither of them have “star” potential, but good players that impact the game positively on both ends help you win games.

I’m not convinced that Herro has star potential either though. Ben Simmons is good, but not anywhere as impactful as Beal can be on a good team.

The minny pick is the best asset discussed, but Minny will FORSURE be bottom 3 in the league, they are terrible, so most likely a 2022 pick.

Return to Washington Wizards