Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#821 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:I meant in comparison to Holiday. And yes Porter jr is off to a nice start but it’s only 4 games. Need a larger sample. I like him a lot but the inj history scares me. Collins has been a 20-10 big on elite efficiency the last 2 years before this. And no I believe he only turned down the extension once. (right before the season started)

Either enjoy watching him while you can, pay him what the FO doesn't want to pay him, or trade him for what you can get, three easy options. His attitude with Trae isn't helping, he's alienating the star player/FO/coaching staff, he turned down $22M yr contract and the trade deadline is in Feb I believe, his value isn't going up, it's headed DOWN. Bol and a 1st might be the best offer you can get....while it's on the table. MPJ in a Hawks jersey is a pipedream IMO.

Porter is a risk due to back injuries. You have to consider that as a major part of it. Of course, wasn’t Porter slated to go top 3 in the 2018 draft, but he didn’t due to his BACK. And Bol hasn’t played significant minutes so we have yet to see the major holes in his game.

You may possibly be overvaluing your beloved Nuggets players. IMHO.

How long does this "risk of back injury" crap go on...will it be till he retires ?? He's went through a whole revocery season, then has played through a season without ANY back issues....this is just a narrative to try to reason justifying a reduction of his trade value. The ONE person everyone tries to trade for off the Nuggets is MPJ, yet they say they're willing to take that risk if he's cheap enough. Right now he's been putting up 20/7 on good TS% in realistically just his 2nd season, he has superstar potential. Putting MPJ's number up against Collins alone and he's the better value, yet you want to add a 1st AND a high potential player like Bol and you don't want to acknowledge that it's a bit weighted in ATL's favor ??? Get real is all I can say.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#822 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Either enjoy watching him while you can, pay him what the FO doesn't want to pay him, or trade him for what you can get, three easy options. His attitude with Trae isn't helping, he's alienating the star player/FO/coaching staff, he turned down $22M yr contract and the trade deadline is in Feb I believe, his value isn't going up, it's headed DOWN. Bol and a 1st might be the best offer you can get....while it's on the table. MPJ in a Hawks jersey is a pipedream IMO.

Porter is a risk due to back injuries. You have to consider that as a major part of it. Of course, wasn’t Porter slated to go top 3 in the 2018 draft, but he didn’t due to his BACK. And Bol hasn’t played significant minutes so we have yet to see the major holes in his game.

How long does this "risk of back injury" crap go on...will it be till he retires ?? He's went through a whole revocery season, then has played through a season without ANY back issues....this is just a narrative to try to reason justifying a reduction of his trade value. The ONE person everyone tries to trade for off the Nuggets is MPJ, yet they say they're willing to take that risk if he's cheap enough. Right now he's been putting up 20/7 on good TS% in realistically just his 2nd season, he has superstar potential. Putting MPJ's number up against Collins alone and he's the better value, yet you want to add a 1st AND a high potential player like Bol and you don't want to acknowledge that it's a bit weighted in ATL's favor ??? Get real is all I can say.

Get REAL or NUGGETS REAL? 2 different things. Do you know about back injuries personally? Well neither do I, but I know a guy who does and he’s been through them. You can be a year clear but playing professional basketball with guys just pounding on your back boxing out and whatnot, it probably will be a narrative until he retires for sure.
skywalker33

Post#823 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:09 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Get REAL or NUGGETS REAL? 2 different things. Do you know about back injuries personally? Well neither do I, but I know a guy who does and he’s been through them. You can be a year clear but playing professional basketball with guys just pounding on your back boxing out and whatnot, it probably will be a narrative until he retires for sure.

Who doesn't KNOW A GUY....my nephew had back surgery when he was 24 and hasn't had an issue if 8 years now. Doesn't mean he won't but doesn't mean he will. And injuries are prevalent in the NBA, look how many ACL's have been torn in this year alone. If you want to base a trade on POTENTIAL injuries, you're barking up the wrong tree with DEN, that's where we have gained a lot of value as were not driven by FEAR. Saw you posted this in the TnT thread, all but ATL fans seem to agree this is just a horrible idea for DEN. It's also a very ineffective trade strategy, as I pointed out just a way to TRY and justify getting a player on the cheap, which is what's happening here. Guess that must be HAWK REAL..... :lol:

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#824 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:21 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Who doesn't KNOW A GUY....my nephew had back surgery when he was 24 and hasn't had an issue if 8 years now. Doesn't mean he won't but doesn't mean he will. And injuries are prevalent in the NBA, look how many ACL's have been torn in this year alone. If you want to base a trade on POTENTIAL injuries, you're barking up the wrong tree with DEN, that's where we have gained a lot of value as were not driven by FEAR. Saw you posted this in the TnT thread, all but ATL fans seem to agree this is just a horrible idea for DEN. It's also a very ineffective trade strategy, as I pointed out just a way to TRY and justify getting a player on the cheap, which is what's happening here. Guess that must be HAWK REAL..... :lol:

I’m sure there are people out there that don’t a person with any back injuries. :eek2: I’m glad you follow my posts. Here let me give you a little signature here.

To: skywalker33, keep on dreamin!

Signed: the spudnik
skywalker33

Post#825 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:20 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I’m sure there are people out there that don’t a person with any back injuries. :eek2: I’m glad you follow my posts. Here let me give you a little signature here.

What, no Love spudnik, feel like you're short-changing me again ?????

When you get famous I'll sell it for the $.02 it's worth. Til then, we'll just have to agree to disagree about your one-sided trade proposal :wink:

saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#826 » by saloonyk8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:39 pm

My OKC friend jokingly said Hawks should trade for SGA and this year's first round pick for Trae....Doesn't sound awful in retrospect
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#827 » by saloonyk8 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

When you get famous I'll sell it for the $.02 it's worth. Til then, we'll just have to agree to disagree about your one-sided trade proposal :wink:

What do the nuggets need? Defense
What do the Hawks need? A LOT of defense

I don't see Collins swap for MP really helping either team in the long run, plus Porter stock is really high right now there's no telling where he's headed.

I'm sure the Nuggets want Simmons just like the Hawks do. He helps in the other side of the ball. Unless Sixers start losing her won't be on the table even for Harden
Commit to the process
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#828 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:25 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I don't see Collins swap for MP really helping either team in the long run, plus Porter stock is really high right now there's no telling where he's headed.

I'm sure the Nuggets want Simmons just like the Hawks do. He helps in the other side of the ball. Unless Sixers start losing her won't be on the table even for Harden

Who said the Hawks want Simmons? Dude can’t shoot a 2 footer.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#829 » by saloonyk8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Who said the Hawks want Simmons? Dude can’t shoot a 2 footer.

He does everything except shoot well. If he shot well he'd be mvp candidate. He's probably the best potentially "gettable" mate next to Trae given his defensive and playmaking. Who would be a better fit? Not counting Giannis, Kawhi or AD as they are not "gettable"
Commit to the process
skywalker33

Post#830 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Then why is DEN giving Bol AND the 1st ???? :lol: :lol:

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#831 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Don’t forget MJP too! :nod:
skywalker33

Post#832 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:

It's a foregone conclusion that ain't happening :wink:

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#833 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:22 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Don’t be scurred! Nothing is out, it’s 2021!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#834 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Before people bring it up again, no, we aren’t interested in a Cam for Dipo swap. :nonono:
skywalker33

Post#835 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 am

Spud2nique wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Don’t be scurred! Nothing is out, it’s 2021!

But seems like your idea is from 2020

hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#836 » by hawks_fan25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:42 pm

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/01/14/atlanta-hawks-trade-concept-cleveland-cavaliers/3/

Saw this trade and I actually like it. We get something for Collins and we might even get a little bit better since McGee would be taking Bruno's minutes. I think it also makes sense for Cleveland because they get the best player in the deal and they have a bit of a logjam at center right now.

Nance+McGee > Collins+Bruno

Thoughts?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#837 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:44 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/01/14/atlanta-hawks-trade-concept-cleveland-cavaliers/3/

Saw this trade and I actually like it. We get something for Collins and we might even get a little bit better since McGee would be taking Bruno's minutes. I think it also makes sense for Cleveland because they get the best player in the deal and they have a bit of a logjam at center right now.

Thoughts?

That’s insulting.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#838 » by hawks_fan25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
hawks_fan25 wrote:https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/01/14/atlanta-hawks-trade-concept-cleveland-cavaliers/3/

Thoughts?

That’s insulting.

Eh.. I don't think JC is as good as this board thinks he is. He's definitely good, but I think Trae makes him look better than he is. Fact is, he's gone after this year when some team gives him 4yr/110M. We won't match and we shouldn't match. Nance can hit shots and be a rim-runner too, plus he plays defense. Bruno is a negative, so McGee is an easy upgrade there.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#839 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Thoughts?

That's a No from me.
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=collijo01&p1yrfrom=2021&player_id2=nancela02&p2yrfrom=2021
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,467

Post#840 » by Ball4life32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Thoughts?

That’s insulting.

Eh.. I don't think JC is as good as this board thinks he is. He's definitely good, but I think Trae makes him look better than he is. Fact is, he's gone after this year when some team gives him 4yr/110M. We won't match and we shouldn't match. Nance can hit shots and be a rim-runner too, plus he plays defense. Bruno is a negative, so McGee is an easy upgrade there.

Okongwu is going to be the backup C taking Bruno’s mins now that he’s healthy.

So far Collins has been one of the most productive two way bigs (yes even his defense) in the nba.....Trae helps everyone with his passing but the “trae makes him look better than he is” narrative has been debunked many times (he actually scores more & still on elite efficiency w/o Trae)....think hawks should absolutely match 4/110 unless they want to take a big step back.

Return to Atlanta Hawks