ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 7: It's not like I like you or anything! Ibaka!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 7: It's not like I like you or anything! Ibaka! 

Post#1041 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:After the Nets trade a bball generation of picks to the Celtics, they trade a generation of picks to the Rockets?

Good luck.
Well if they win a chip you can say there future was brighter than the Heat when they traded for KG and Pierce.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#1042 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 am

twix2500 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:After the Nets trade a bball generation of picks to the Celtics, they trade a generation of picks to the Rockets?

Good luck.
Well if they win a chip you can say there future was brighter than the Heat when they traded for KG and Pierce.

It's whatever to me, Honestly if Nets win the Chip it will probably be the emptiest feeling chip in history.

3 unlikeable guns for hire in their late primes join forces in a random location to ISO all the way to the chip. Good for them.

NY will still be a knicks town.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1043 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Just got back from a 5 day vacation at Disney World. What I miss?

How do you feel about Allen to Cavs? I kinda feel bad for all their bigs-- they're all playing well, but someone might be negatively affected

Who do they have as bigs? Drummond and Javale? Did they trade a 2022 pick for Allen? If so, I'd expect they plan on paying him vs Drummond. McGee is a rental. I like JA a lot. Almost elite role player.

They need to get Love off their books, then they can make a run a RFA or two in the offseason. His timeline is way out of whack with the rest of the team.

If they can flip Drummond for something useful then go for it.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1044 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Good luck.

It's whatever to me, Honestly if Nets win the Chip it will probably be the emptiest feeling chip in history.

3 unlikeable guns for hire in their late primes join forces in a random location to ISO all the way to the chip. Good for them.

A team with their second or third best player possibly off the team for good and their second or best player coming back from a major injury. Not the best time to trade away 7 years of picks.

There’s risks and then there’s band aids to cover up glaring holes. This move seems like a band aid to cover up serious isssues on the team. Time will tell.
OP for NBA FT record
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1045 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Well if they win a chip you can say there future was brighter than the Heat when they traded for KG and Pierce.

A team with their second or third best player possibly off the team for good and their second or best player coming back from a major injury. Not the best time to trade away 7 years of picks.

There’s risks and then there’s band aids to cover up glaring holes. This move seems like a band aid to cover up serious isssues on the team. Time will tell.

There was a report that Kyrie is cranky about not getting as much of a day as he wanted (Nash hiring, etc). KD described their relationship as distant. Not good signs for them being a functional trio - maybe trying to trade him for a better fitting 3rd star?

Kyrie for Westbrook would be a funny trade - bring the OKC crew back together (next thing would be to sign Ibaka for the MLE).
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1046 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm

puppa bear wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

There was a report that Kyrie is cranky about not getting as much of a day as he wanted (Nash hiring, etc). KD described their relationship as distant. Not good signs for them being a functional trio - maybe trying to trade him for a better fitting 3rd star?

Kyrie for Westbrook would be a funny trade - bring the OKC crew back together (next thing would be to sign Ibaka for the MLE).

I don’t see any team making a deal for Kyrie. Nets have no picks to give, Kyrie is a team cancer, is injury prone, and has 2 1/2 years left on his contract. The only way I do that deal as a GM is if I know I’m getting fired unless I do something. I just don’t see any franchise that desperate though.
OP for NBA FT record
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,879

Post#1047 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Kyrie is a phucking DIVA. He bring only problems and drama. No one wants this cancer on his team. Goddamn he missing games cuz he id "not feel like playing". Thats BS this man have the best job in the world. He makes MILLIONS. Phuck that sht. I pray he will never win another title in his life.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,331

Post#1048 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Myrie's not going anywhere, y would Nets trade him now anyway?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,503

Post#1049 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:I don’t see any team making a deal for Kyrie. Nets have no picks to give, Kyrie is a team cancer, is injury prone, and has 2 1/2 years left on his contract. The only way I do that deal as a GM is if I know I’m getting fired unless I do something. I just don’t see any franchise that desperate though.

You're right he's a cancer but there's always teams that will trade for him. Brian Windhorst said he's talked with GMs/Assistant GMs recently over zoom about the Kyrie situation and while some said they don't think Brooklyn could move him, others said they thought they could, I believe one GM said they could probably get 2 1st for him right now.

Kyrie is out there, so much talent but yeah, he could wreck your team if you have to rely on him and maybe Brooklyn learned that with his first year there. That's possibly one of the reasons Brooklyn decided after Harden this year and the latest issues made them decide to just go all in(although I don't really value good team's 1st nor their swaps of 1st round picks all that much).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie decided to go MIA partly because he'd found out Harden may be traded for, which basically means his role may drop tremendously. Someone on Windhorst's podcast had reported that KD and Harden were celebrating together before the season thinking Harden to Brooklyn was basically a done deal.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#1050 » by oreon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 pm

AirP. wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:I don’t see any team making a deal for Kyrie. Nets have no picks to give, Kyrie is a team cancer, is injury prone, and has 2 1/2 years left on his contract. The only way I do that deal as a GM is if I know I’m getting fired unless I do something. I just don’t see any franchise that desperate though.

You're right he's a cancer but there's always teams that will trade for him. Brian Windhorst said he's talked with GMs/Assistant GMs recently over zoom about the Kyrie situation and while some said they don't think Brooklyn could move him, others said they thought they could, I believe one GM said they could probably get 2 1st for him right now.

Kyrie is out there, so much talent but yeah, he could wreck your team if you have to rely on him and maybe Brooklyn learned that with his first year there. That's possibly one of the reasons Brooklyn decided after Harden this year and the latest issues made them decide to just go all in(although I don't really value good team's 1st nor their swaps of 1st round picks all that much).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie decided to go MIA partly because he'd found out Harden may be traded for, which basically means his role may drop tremendously. Someone on Windhorst's podcast had reported that KD and Harden were celebrating together before the season thinking Harden to Brooklyn was basically a done deal.

I don't know the dude. But he seems like he's unhappy. There's a risk he could retire. 99.9999% of players wouldn't leave that money behind but with Kyrie you can never be sure. I would stay away.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Good luck.

New villains, whom we don't deserve

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM

Post#1052 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:47 pm

oreon wrote:I don't know the dude. But he seems like he's unhappy. There's a risk he could retire. 99.9999% of players wouldn't leave that money behind but with Kyrie you can never be sure. I would stay away.

Absolutely, I would not be surprised if he retired before his contract was up. A few years ago he was on the Road Trip'n podcast and mentioned to them that he'd be gone(retired) way before people expected.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1053 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Well if they win a chip you can say there future was brighter than the Heat when they traded for KG and Pierce.

I would just say Divas, not even worthy of villain status. With all this public complaining about NBA teams by Harden (Rockets), Durant (Warriors), and Kyrie (everyone, everywhere) I think the NBA needs a conduct clause in their contracts. If you publicly bash your own team, a team can waive you without penalty. People complaining about getting a paycheck that is more in a week than most people get in 5 years is Diva-life problems.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

I would just say Divas, not even worthy of villain status. With all this public complaining about NBA teams by Harden (Rockets), Durant (Warriors), and Kyrie (everyone, everywhere) I think the NBA needs a conduct clause in their contracts. If you publicly bash your own team, a team can waive you without penalty. People complaining about getting a paycheck that is more in a week than most people get in 5 years is Diva-life problems.

Regardless of what we call it, the hate is all the same. A Nets championship would be similar to the first Big 3 chip with fans all-over the world in their feelings. I'd watch for sure.

Ppl called Warriors ultimate villains, but they only hated KD. Much different than Miami and BK Big 3's

Rest in Power Chadwick

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1055 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 pm

I think the hate is premature. Heat was cheat, KD GS was cheat, this Nets is wack but we really shall wait and see.

Their SZN has always been about KD's health. If he's really 90-95% byke then he was gong to have a legitimate balls deep contender anyways.
He had Kyrie, Dwinddie, LaVert, Allen, Prince on top of whatever he got now. Ofc Harden is a different animal, but healthy KD with a deep team = bonafide contender. we can't get worked up too much.

They have a very good chance for a chip this year and next. I don't really see a dynasty because of the top players wear and age, injury history. And they have a decent potential to chiiiiiiit if things go wrong.. like repeat of KG PP Nets but probably half of suffering. all in all it's good entertainment imo
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1056 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 pm

I also note that Kyrie is AWOL because he's upset about social justice issues if I'm not mistaken.

He said that NBA shouldn't play (and he elected not to play in the bubble) when Jacob Blake got shot 7 times in the back last year iirc. He's pretty consistent about his stance though he's wrong in being silent about his actions. He's a crazy boi but he's got his rationale for acting out in this instance. Hope he can find peace with it but I can understand why he's very passionate in his belief.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#1057 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 pm

Is Harden a Kyrie replacement? AWOL boy on the move?
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:38 am

LMNOP

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1349775786799210497%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1059 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 am

Lordy

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1349907596304658432%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM

Post#1060 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat