OKC / PDX

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

OKC / PDX 

Post#1 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Portland Trades
Rodney Hood
Anfernee Simons

Oklahoma City Trades
George Hill

WHY FOR PORTLAND
Hood has looked cooked so far so they make a win-now move to add Hill, a combo guard who can shoot, defend and has tons of playoff experience. They are in win-now mode and this certainly fits their bill.

G - Damian Lillard (34) / Geore Hill (14)
G - CJ McCollum (34) / George Hill (8) / Gary Trent JR (6)
F - Derrick Jones JR (25) / Gary Trent JR (20) / Carmelo Anthony (3)
F - Robert Covington (30) / Carmelo Anthony (18)
C - Jusuf Nurkic (28) / Enes Kanter (20)

Deep Bench - Harry Giles, Nassir Little, CJ Elleby, Keljin Belvins

WHY FOR OKLAHOMA CITY
They cash in on Hill to get a young guard with scoring potential in Simons, who seems like a potential fit as a 6th man moving forward if he pans out. Hood is salary ballast and has a TO next summer.

G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander / Theo Maledon
G - Anfernee Simons / Hamidou Diallo / Darius Miller
F - Luguentz Dort / Justin Jackson / Kenrich Williams
F - Darius Bazely / Isaiah Roby / Aleksej Pokusevski
C - Al Horford / Mike Muscala / Moses Brown
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,079

Re: OKC / PDX 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 pm

I’d do it for Little but not Simons.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#3 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Portland Trades
Rodney Hood
Anfernee Simons

Oklahoma City Trades
George Hill

WHY FOR PORTLAND
Hood has looked cooked so far so they make a win-now move to add Hill, a combo guard who can shoot, defend and has tons of playoff experience. They are in win-now mode and this certainly fits their bill.

G - Damian Lillard (34) / Geore Hill (14)
G - CJ McCollum (34) / George Hill (8) / Gary Trent JR (6)
F - Derrick Jones JR (25) / Gary Trent JR (20) / Carmelo Anthony (3)
F - Robert Covington (30) / Carmelo Anthony (18)
C - Jusuf Nurkic (28) / Enes Kanter (20)

Deep Bench - Harry Giles, Nassir Little, CJ Elleby, Keljin Belvins

WHY FOR OKLAHOMA CITY
They cash in on Hill to get a young guard with scoring potential in Simons, who seems like a potential fit as a 6th man moving forward if he pans out. Hood is salary ballast and has a TO next summer.

G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander / Theo Maledon
G - Anfernee Simons / Hamidou Diallo / Darius Miller
F - Luguentz Dort / Justin Jackson / Kenrich Williams
F - Darius Bazely / Isaiah Roby / Aleksej Pokusevski
C - Al Horford / Mike Muscala / Moses Brown

Seems pretty fair. I'd really prefer a FRP, but if this deal was the only one the table at the deadline, I'd take it.

If Nurkic continues to struggle (I've only seen one of their games) would PDX be interested in Horford?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,395

Post#4 » by JRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Looks great
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#5 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 pm

If Nurkic continues to struggle (I've only seen one of their games) would PDX be interested in Horford?

No. Taking on a backup making the money Al does to supplement a guy coming off a huge injury just isnt financially feasible. I love Al, and think he would fit great, but the money makes it impossible, especially when his role would be a backup.

This would work as well. I would move either to improve the win now prospects of Portland.

Looks great

I feel very accomplished haha not even joking.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,395

Post#6 » by JRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:11 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

No. Taking on a backup making the money Al does to supplement a guy coming off a huge injury just isnt financially feasible. I love Al, and think he would fit great, but the money makes it impossible, especially when his role would be a backup.

This would work as well. I would move either to improve the win now prospects of Portland.

Looks great

I feel very accomplished haha not even joking.

If you knew how rarely I approve of POR related trades you would mean that
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#7 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

If you knew how rarely I approve of POR related trades you would mean that

I do know, and I do mean it haha.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#8 » by sonictecture » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm

It’s a no for me.

There is no room on the roster to develop Simons or Little. Unless Portland wants to give a top 20 protected first, it’s a pass.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 pm

I would do it. I don’t think Hill gets a first. I see very few landing places for him.

In regard to the post above, I’m not sure how we don’t have room for Simons but we have room for a pick. The roster is going to get more crowded with young guys every year. Now seems like a good time to take a shot on someone like Simons.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,079

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm

sonictecture wrote:It’s a no for me.

There is no room on the roster to develop Simons or Little. Unless Portland wants to give a top 20 protected first, it’s a pass.

Maledon
SGA/Diallo
Dort
Bazley/Poku
Roby

Those are the only guys that are worth keeping around next year. And Diallo might get moved simply because he's going to need a new deal. There is room to develop players.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,123

Post#11 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:48 pm

I don't love it but I would do it because think it's gonna be difficult to trade Hill since most teams that could use him can't trade for him (Brooklyn doesn't have picks anymore, Clippers have no assets and it doesn't work salary wise with the Sixers)
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by sonictecture » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I would do it. I don’t think Hill gets a first. I see very few landing places for him.

In regard to the post above, I’m not sure how we don’t have room for Simons but we have room for a pick. The roster is going to get more crowded with young guys every year. Now seems like a good time to take a shot on someone like Simons.

There is a new trade proposal from a different team every week on this board. Hill is well thought of by fans and gm’s.

I’d rather waive him and let him join the contender if his choice, than take back dead roster pieces.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by sonictecture » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:10 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
sonictecture wrote:It’s a no for me.

Maledon
SGA/Diallo
Dort
Bazley/Poku
Roby

Those are the only guys that are worth keeping around next year. And Diallo might get moved simply because he's going to need a new deal. There is room to develop players.

Mystery man Ty Jerome’s option for next season was picked up. They’re going to give him a look. Josh Hall is likely going to get a look once the gleague season concludes.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#14 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 pm

I understand that Simons hasnt proven much, but he is like 21 and has a (projected) skillset, volume scoring w/ range, that the Thunder seem to lack at guard right now. I think on a team where he is allowed to make mistakes and grow through them would be very good for his development. In PDX we cant afford that right now trying to get HCA and such.

I like the idea of OKC making this move and then using Ariza and a pick to get Lonzo Ball. See what you can do with this guard rotation:

G - Lonzo Ball / Theo Maledon
G - SGA / Anfernee Simons
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by sonictecture » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I understand that Simons hasnt proven much, but he is like 21 and has a (projected) skillset, volume scoring w/ range, that the Thunder seem to lack at guard right now. I think on a team where he is allowed to make mistakes and grow through them would be very good for his development. In PDX we cant afford that right now trying to get HCA and such.

I like the idea of OKC making this move and then using Ariza and a pick to get Lonzo Ball. See what you can do with this guard rotation:

G - Lonzo Ball / Theo Maledon
G - SGA / Anfernee Simons

OKC lacks the volume shooter by design. They don’t want that type of player at this stage. We noticed Portland tried to use him as the third guard with bad results.

I don’t want to tell you your business as a Portland fan, but if you really want to make a difference through trade, you should be targeting PJ Tucker.

Return to Trades and Transactions