Denver-Houston: Oladipo follow up (edited)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Denver-Houston: Oladipo follow up (edited) 

Post#1 » by K_chile22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Houston sends Oladipo, the heavily protected DET 1st (16, 16, 18, 18, 13, 11, 9 then turns into a second)

Denver sends Barton, Hampton, Cancar 2021 1st

Denver upgrades on Barton who is unhappy in his role using a young guy and a first, get back what may be a first one day. Think Oladpio is a great fit for them on both ends of the floor

Rockets flip oladipo for assets.

Edited to replace Harris with Barton and add Cancar for salary matching
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Re: Denver-Houston: Oladipo follow up 

Post#2 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Seems like a fair deal for both. Denver can afford to take the Oladipo risk with what they have, and Houston accumulates more assets. Pretty good try here.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm

I like a 3 way w/ KNicks included for rockets to get under tax threshold and get back picks for Oladipo

To Denver: Oladpio
To Houston: Burks/2021 Detroit 2nd/2021 Charlotte 2nd
To New York: Harris/2021 Denver 1st (protected)
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:I like a 3 way w/ KNicks included for rockets to get under tax threshold and get back picks for Oladipo

To Denver: Oladpio
To Houston: Burks/2021 Detroit 2nd/2021 Charlotte 2nd
To New York: Harris/2021 Denver 1st (protected)

They're already way under the tax. Denver come out too well here and the rockets poorly
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:15 pm

I don’t know that Denver would yet view Harris as bad salary they need to pay to cut from the books.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#6 » by loserX » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I don’t know that Denver would yet view Harris as bad salary they need to pay to cut from the books.

Yeah, I thought it might work better with Barton instead: Barton/Hampton/needs one more super-cheap guy from Denver.

Not sure how both teams feel about that :dontknow:
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 pm

loserX wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I don’t know that Denver would yet view Harris as bad salary they need to pay to cut from the books.

Yeah, I thought it might work better with Barton instead: Barton/Hampton/needs one more super-cheap guy from Denver.

I think Denver and Barton should be on board. Barton will get to start and throw up shots for his FA audition and Denver gets a better player who doesn't complain as much.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#8 » by K_chile22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 pm

loserX wrote:

That would be a home run with Barton instead for the rockets.
I don't think people realize just how long Harris has been awful offensively. Sub 34% on threes in 2019 season, 2020 season and is below 30% in the small sample that is this season
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#9 » by RRFB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:04 pm

I’d do this for Denver, but they’d probably be hesitant if they weren’t confident in Oladipo’s willingness to re-sign. Definitely prefer to trade Harris over Barton.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
loserX wrote:

I don't think people realize just how long Harris has been awful offensively. Sub 34% on threes in 2019 season, 2020 season and is below 30% in the small sample that is this season

Sure. But he’s a good defender and it appears Denver doesn’t see him as a negative contract, though teams receiving him might.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,775

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote: it appears Denver doesn’t see him as a negative contract, though teams receiving him might.

I love this point. Because I think it describes a bunch of players and we certainly see it reflected on this board a lot.

I'm still higher on Gary Harris than most here, but I do think most teams would see him as an underwater asset. But Denver has a bunch of offensive minded players and very few defenders so they need Harris.

But yeah I like the idea of this with Barton more for both teams.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#12 » by youngthegiant » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Pass for me, Oladipo doesn't really move the needle in terms of what we need and he could leave after this season. I'd rather go after Aaron Gordon.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,540

Post#13 » by Alatan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Denver would want to send Barton instead but apart from that its fine. We need Harris. He is one of our few defenders and is one of the few guys that knows to move without the ball. His shot might never come back but recently he has success from the corners so we are still hopeful on him.

Oladipo is a flight risk but for Barton, a 1st and Hampton we might take that gamble.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,925

Post#14 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
loserX wrote:

I would take this in a second. Denver is 2nd in the NBA in offensive rating, 25th in defensive rating. Harris is our best perimeter defender and who gives a **** about his offense, he gives us what we need. Barton is good player but not satisfied with his role. We get one more good perimeter defender in Dippo, dream trade for me.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#15 » by K_chile22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
loserX wrote:

I would take this in a second. Denver is 2nd in NBA in offensive rating, 25th in defensive rating. Harris is our best perimeter defender and who gives a **** about his offense, he gives us what we need. Barton is good player but not satisfied with his role. We get one more good perimeter defender in Dippo, dream trade for me.

Maybe I should edit OP then because that's certainly more favorable for Houston as well
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#16 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:27 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

I would take this in a second. Denver is 2nd in NBA in offensive rating, 25th in defensive rating. Harris is our best perimeter defender and who gives a **** about his offense, he gives us what we need. Barton is good player but not satisfied with his role. We get one more good perimeter defender in Dippo, dream trade for me.

Maybe I should edit OP then because that's certainly more favorable for Houston as well

:D You can add Cancar to make it work financially.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Re: Denver-Houston: Oladipo follow up (edited) 

Post#17 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Houston sends Oladipo, the heavily protected DET 1st (16, 16, 18, 18, 13, 11, 9 then turns into a second)

Denver sends Barton, Hampton, Cancar 2021 1st

Denver upgrades on Barton who is unhappy in his role using a young guy and a first, get back what may be a first one day. Think Oladpio is a great fit for them on both ends of the floor

Rockets flip oladipo for assets.

Edited to replace Harris with Barton and add Cancar for salary matching

OK now send this to both teams :D

Return to Trades and Transactions