ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#721 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Time to get rid of this ass hole.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#722 » by jirrit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Anyone else wondering how Prok’s now gonna defend Harden’s actions too?
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#723 » by gigantes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:Yeah, but at least it's reasonable speculation.
assuming all of his teammates are lying is "resonable speculation" but assuming they are telling the truth, when they clearly have a strong past bond with him, is not reasomable?

Yeah right, and remind me again just how many of Kyrie's teammates besides Durant have commented publicly on the matter?

As for your other responses, I find them both naive and disingenuous. As if KD's situation here with Kyrie was like other situations in which he called people out, such as Draymond. As if the Nets don't have to walk on eggshells around someone like Kyrie, making damn well sure they don't needlessly upset him by making a public statement even a little bit critical.

you are twisting yourself into pretlzes to paint things how you want them to, instead of listening and taking it right from the horses mouth

Pretty nice projection there, as it almost perfectly describes your tendency to come to a conclusion and then go 1000% with it, brushing aside any and all criticisms with exactly the same fervent brush.

Proky, for my money-- you are a great, illuminating poster 90% of the time. Unfortunately, you are absolute pants when you get yourself wound up like this upon something. The way you're going about this thing in a completely 'right-or-wrong', 'black or white' manner is pretty much an age-old tell, and nobody can ever remotely come close to easing you down... that much I've seen many, many times.

At the same time, all of this is immediately irrelevant now that the huge trade just happened! So f-ck me, mang!

I also have to apologise for being so personal in this criticism. It is my bad, really.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#724 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:25 am

Wait what happened now? SAS suggesting retirement for Irving? Is there a rumbling that he won’t play the season?

Wtf?!?!? Someone bring me up to speed please
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#725 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Time to get rid of this ass hole.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

**** Irving if he wants to sit out a year... the franchise should demand their money back or be rid of the contract if he chooses that route.... wtf dude?

Now i wonder if he went on his zoom call from mars sabbatical because he knew of the pending trade? Was the trade done in lieu of Kyrie or did Kyrie pull this stunt with knowledge of said trade in the making?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
gigantes
Starter

Post#726 » by gigantes » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:10 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Wait what happened now? SAS suggesting retirement for Irving? Is there a rumbling that he won’t play the season?

Wtf?!?!? Someone bring me up to speed please

SAS is a drooling idiot, which he also seemed to make clear with that 'update.'

His goal has always been: ratings, cheap victories, entrapment, and etc.

Talk about a calamity...!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,759

Post#727 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 am

Any word on Kyrie coming back or is he still going to act like a bitch?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#728 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Any word on Kyrie coming back or is he still going to act like a bitch?

He was never acting like a bitch.
gigantes
Starter

Post#729 » by gigantes » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:12 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Any word on Kyrie coming back or is he still going to act like a bitch?

He was never acting like a bitch.

Doesn't matter now. We're all in.

Let's friggen' go for it!
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#730 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:32 pm

I mean per Sean Marks, Kyrie hasn't really communicated his reason for being out that clearly to him, but he is going to have to when he's ready. And Marks said that he's disappointed in him.

We can stop acting like the Nets are 100% in support of him and that this is going swimmingly behind the scenes. And that Kyrie has actually communicated appropriately with the people he's needed to, because clearly he hasn't.

EDIT: Source: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261191/Nets-Disappointed-Kyrie-Irving-Not-Currently-With-Them

Sean Marks admitted the Brooklyn Nets are "disappointed" by the absence of Kyrie Irving for personal reasons.

“I’m not going to shy away from it: Without a doubt the organization is disappointed with not having any one of our players, in this particular case, Kyrie, not amongst us — not in the trenches with us and so forth,” said Marks.

“I don’t want to speculate and say why he’s out and so forth. I’ve had conversations with him, and I’ll continue to have conversations. And we look forward to him being back in the gym where he will address this.”

Marks said he has been in touch with Irving as recently as Wednesday to discuss Brooklyn's trade for James Harden, but also said “you … hope there is an adequate, more than adequate excuse as to like why he needs personal time.”

“And he will address that, without a doubt,” Marks said.

The Nets have insisted that it will be Irving to explain his absence.

“I have talked to Kyrie, so I know he’s excited about getting back on the court with his teammates as soon as possible,” said Marks.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#731 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I think we ALL need to start looking at the bigger picture. This is going viral and it’s NOT okay.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#732 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 pm

I mean, she meant "that's the way it works"...the draft is in place for competitive balance, and you end up under contract for a team. And thus, you have obligations to fulfill that contract.

You have the choice to NOT play in the NBA, if you don't like the way it's set up.

Obviously, it's bad optics to tell a black man he's property of someone else, but she meant NBA players as a whole, don't think she even thought about race at all. It's tone-deaf, but we don't need to turn this into something it's not...the "property" comment more or less refers to being under contract and thus having obligations to an organization/city.

Which is the issue we're having with Kyrie now. He doesn't seem to understand what being under contract means in terms of his obligations.

Not gonna say anything about Bill Simmons though, he's a grade A clown.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#733 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 pm

^
Yikes. Boston is waaaaaaaay more problematic than they think they are.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#734 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 pm

I would be confident that the Nets experiment would be a success if Kyrie wasn't so unpredictable with his behavior but I will have to see what he does first. From what I heard he loves this trade and one would think he would buy in and do his best to do whatever needed to win a title. Hope that's the case. I love Kyrie as a player and he is a good dude I'm sure. Just need more stability/professionalism from him.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#735 » by Stone » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 am

The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#736 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:23 am

If Kyrie really quits on us I will flip on him very quick. Just void his contract and move on.

I still don't think that will happen.

Kyrie literally has the chance to play for his hometown team and make 30 million+. He also gets to play with Durant AND Harden.

How do you give all that up? And for what?

Kyrie can be an activist and an NBA player. Look at what LeBron has done.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#737 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:25 am

Also lets say Kyrie doesn't come back. I still think were the favorites to come out of the East. Durant and Harden are way too good.

We will just have to get a little creative in adding bench guys from the G League and buyout market.

And when Dinwiddie comes back we will be even better.

Harden/Johnson
Brown/Shamet
Harris/TLC
KD/Green
Jordan/Perry

To me thats still the best team in the East.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#738 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:55 am

Paradise wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I think we ALL need to start looking at the bigger picture. This is going viral and it’s NOT okay.

This is disgusting. **** both McMullen and Simmons.

That being said, my position stated on Kyrie right now still stands. He has handled this poorly and we cannot treat him as if he's a child. He's an adult nearly pushing 30. Everyone has a burden, but we also have to live up to our obligations. I'm not going to give him a pass. There are people who are suffering silently right now in our country and they don't get the chance to skip out on their jobs, still be paid, and go AWOL on their responsibilities without serious consequences. He is not special, not better than anyone else who has mental health problems...he has to own his behavior. That's the one thing you learn when you get help: your issues are not a get out of jail free card for your actions. Kyrie has to own this.

He is not a bad person, but he's **** ing up, and he's proving everyone else who called him unstable and untrustworthy to be correct.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#739 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 am

therealbig3 wrote:I mean, she meant "that's the way it works"...the draft is in place for competitive balance, and you end up under contract for a team. And thus, you have obligations to fulfill that contract.

You have the choice to NOT play in the NBA, if you don't like the way it's set up.

Obviously, it's bad optics to tell a black man he's property of someone else, but she meant NBA players as a whole, don't think she even thought about race at all. It's tone-deaf, but we don't need to turn this into something it's not...the "property" comment more or less refers to being under contract and thus having obligations to an organization/city.

Which is the issue we're having with Kyrie now. He doesn't seem to understand what being under contract means in terms of his obligations.

Not gonna say anything about Bill Simmons though, he's a grade A clown.

I've long suspected that Bill Simmons was racist. Never liked the guy. McMullen is on my **** list for that article she wrote last season which tried to make Kyrie look like a bad guy because he didn't want to take off his hat or some bull ****. Her tone deaf comments furthers my disdain for her.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#740 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:10 am

therealbig3 wrote:I mean per Sean Marks, Kyrie hasn't really communicated his reason for being out that clearly to him, but he is going to have to when he's ready. And Marks said that he's disappointed in him.

We can stop acting like the Nets are 100% in support of him and that this is going swimmingly behind the scenes. And that Kyrie has actually communicated appropriately with the people he's needed to, because clearly he hasn't.

EDIT: Source: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261191/Nets-Disappointed-Kyrie-Irving-Not-Currently-With-Them

Sean Marks admitted the Brooklyn Nets are "disappointed" by the absence of Kyrie Irving for personal reasons.

“I’m not going to shy away from it: Without a doubt the organization is disappointed with not having any one of our players, in this particular case, Kyrie, not amongst us — not in the trenches with us and so forth,” said Marks.

“I don’t want to speculate and say why he’s out and so forth. I’ve had conversations with him, and I’ll continue to have conversations. And we look forward to him being back in the gym where he will address this.”

Marks said he has been in touch with Irving as recently as Wednesday to discuss Brooklyn's trade for James Harden, but also said “you … hope there is an adequate, more than adequate excuse as to like why he needs personal time.”

“And he will address that, without a doubt,” Marks said.

The Nets have insisted that it will be Irving to explain his absence.

“I have talked to Kyrie, so I know he’s excited about getting back on the court with his teammates as soon as possible,” said Marks.

The issue was obvious when Nash got blind sided by his absence.

Kyrie could in confidence say to Marks that he's going through something mental health wise and that in itself would be enough for the Nets to give him time and also offer resources. The Nets are a huge proponent of player health and that includes mental health, this is the same team that made Jahlil Okafor realize that he was suffering from depression and urged him to seek treatment.

However, the lack of communication is evident. That's where Kyrie went wrong from the door. You have to communicate. You just can't go awol without no communication and expect everyone to be cool about it. It doesn't work that way. Frankly, I think he still has some maturing to do.

Again, Kyrie has to own this. If he does come back, he's going to have to face tough questions. But at some point, he will have to step back and realize that his actions have been unprofessional and unbecoming of someone who wants to be a leader.

Return to Brooklyn Nets