Post#261 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Image

Y'all go check their game thread thats a gold mine :rofl:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#262 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:Thoughts on 3 kings as a nickname? Works with Brooklyn, Kings county, Irving always referring to each other as Kings... 3 deadly shooters... just having some fun.

That's awesome!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#263 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 pm

Saltics have mental break down as well. OMG those threads need to be posted worldwide.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#264 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I'm tired of hearing this crap that Philly had the much better deal. Evidently, they didn't. Been saying it for a while, Ben Simmons is not the ultimate piece he has been hyped up to be by fans and media. The guy simply hasn't improved offensively since coming into the league, and he's now at the start of a 5 year max contract. You can't really build around him because he's not good enough to be built around, and he's hard to accommodate because of his limitations.

This season, he's off to another underwhelming start, somehow looking worse than ever on offense. He's an incredible defender, no doubt about that, but that's really where it starts and ends. Do you want to pay an elite defender who is an offensive liability, $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years? Rockets clearly weren't enamored with that idea and I don't blame them.

I don't think the Rockets owner wanted to pay anyone tbh.
Well, certainly don't blame him for paying Simmons $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years, when he already has Wall on the books.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#265 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Image

Y'all go check their game thread thats a gold mine :rofl:

LMAO this is actually hilarious not gonna lie, where'd you find this?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#266 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:41 am

"KD went from the splash brothers to the dribble brothers.." by Charles Barkely...

Lmao... that was really funny
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,748

Post#267 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:41 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I'm tired of hearing this crap that Philly had the much better deal. Evidently, they didn't. Been saying it for a while, Ben Simmons is not the ultimate piece he has been hyped up to be by fans and media. The guy simply hasn't improved offensively since coming into the league, and he's now at the start of a 5 year max contract. You can't really build around him because he's not good enough to be built around, and he's hard to accommodate because of his limitations.

This season, he's off to another underwhelming start, somehow looking worse than ever on offense. He's an incredible defender, no doubt about that, but that's really where it starts and ends. Do you want to pay an elite defender who is an offensive liability, $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years? Rockets clearly weren't enamored with that idea and I don't blame them.

Well, certainly don't blame him for paying Simmons $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years, when he already has Wall on the books.

Yeah but from what I saw he didn't wanna pay Caris either, but what you said is true. There is no sense for them to get Simmons when you're stuck with Wall.

Either way, aside from getting our picks they got kind of **** ed in this deal
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#268 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:30 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah but from what I saw he didn't wanna pay Caris either, but what you said is true. There is no sense for them to get Simmons when you're stuck with Wall.

Either way, aside from getting our picks they got kind of **** ed in this deal
They should have taken Allen instead of a 1st, but it's clear that they didn't wanna pay Allen big money in free agency. And they didn't take Caris because my belief is they simply never rated him. They likely wanna see if they can get Oladipo back to star form again, and make a decision from there.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#269 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 am

therealbig3 wrote:Gotta give up something to get something...can’t expect to get a player like Harden and NOT give up a bunch of picks and young talent.

And honestly, we’ve all gone back and forth on Levert...he’s not exactly “young”, and he’s never actually proven that he’s a legit All-Star over the course of an entire season. The main young building block we had to give up was Jarrett Allen and all the picks.

But as people said, really doubt all 7 picks convey to the Rockets, and it’s not like we don’t have picks. What made the Boston trade suck was that we got really bad and they got really good like overnight, so all of those pick swaps conveyed, in addition to giving up high lotto picks. I’m not seeing that happen in this case.

So ultimately, an inconsistent kind of one dimensional wing in his prime, a young defensive center, and a handful of picks for an MVP in his prime isn’t unreasonable. In fact, you’re nuts if you actually turned that down. Got to give up value to get a player of that caliber, and we’re really not giving up crazy value that is unheard of. Clippers gave up a comparable package for Paul George, and he’s not the same caliber player as Harden.

Your point about the picks is spot on.... also to note, in most pick swap situations the difference in picks is 4-8 spots. with boston, it was 20-25 spots. it was extremely odd and an outlier for them to get great and us suck overnight. that wont happen here... and not just because we Have 3 top 10 players, but because Houston is in horrific shape rebuild wise...

-They have John Wall for 3 more years at 45 million per year (Not a typo?!)
-They have Eric Gordon for 4 more years at 18 million per year
-They owe 4 of their next 5 first rounders to OKC (2 picks, 2 swaps*)

* one of the 2 swaps is this years pick, which is a lock to convey. So rockets will lose at least 3 of their next 4 first rounders to the thunder.

Without lotto picks, without legit stars beyond wall (who may even make them treadmill which is worse) and without cap, they arent beocoming a top 5-10 and with 3 MVP types we arent becoming bottom 5.

that is the brilliance of this deal. it looks like 8 picks, but we only owe 7 and 4 probably never convey
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#270 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 am

StepBackCrack wrote:People think that Nets are stupid with this trade make me laugh so hard lmao. You telling me James freakin Harden isn't worth Allen (don't get me wrong, he is the main piece here to me), Levert + Prince and future picks that are not likely to turn out to something even close to prime Harden's value? These people are insane to me. You make this trade every single time. I can't stress this enough. This was the 100% right move for the Nets. No question about it imo.

they are just butt hurt.

The history of "Big 3's" is littered with championship team after championship team. there is like 1 that really turned out to be a disaster... Kobe/Nash/Dwight... and that was a 39 year old nash and Kobe/Dwight was never gonna work and dwight was never the same as a player.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh = titles
Lebron/Kyrie/Love = titles
KD/Steph/KD = titles
Pierce/Garnett/Allen = titles

Maybe this doesnt = titles, but it 100% = contention. People thought Kyrie/KD didnt work and our offense was elite from day 1 with those 2.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#271 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:58 am

therealbig3 wrote:This is very different than the Celtics trade imo. It was obvious at the time of that trade that KG and Pierce weren't in their primes anymore and were glorified role players at that point. It WAS an overpay. Everyone knew it. But we were already all-in after trading a lotto pick for Gerald Wallace and bringing in Joe Johnson...and then also giving a big contract to Gerald Wallace after it was clear he was a shell of himself...we were a win-now team that wasn't close to contending and were deep into the luxury tax...we had to do something to be a legit contender, and Pierce and KG while old, were still very good players as of their last season with the Celtics, and they offered the best chance to go from a pretender to a contender, given they were still capable of being very good players for us...turned out that Pierce was still productive, but KG wasn't. And Deron turned into a role player overnight, instead of the star he was to end the previous season, which is what had given us hope that we could still contend in the first place and is partially what prompted us to do the deal.

But again, we all knew that Pierce and KG were old and it was very possible that they would quickly be washed up, and that all the picks we gave up could end up being a disaster. Our downfall came a lot quicker than expected though, because none of us really expected Deron to fall off the way he did, so we ended up just being a straight up bad team after we were forced to waive him and Joe because they were just albatross contracts that gave us very little on the court.

But Kyrie/Durant/Harden are all in the middle of their primes. They can all be at this level for another 3+ years. And even after their time is done, we're a free agent destination now that can attract the next big free agent. Nobody wanted to play for us after the disastrous end to the Deron Williams era.

Yup... even if 2 of our big 3 left or went down any 1 of them can lead a bad team to 35-45 wins. its not going to be 12-70 with one of those guys. and any 1 of them like you said can lure other stars.

this was highway robbery. How Joe Harris is still on these team is just wizardry by marks
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#272 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 am

people saying this wont work and lets see need to realize these guys have already played together on team USA

Kyrie/Harden/KD/Jordan were all on the 2012 squad together. and some combo of them + harris have been on team usa since 2008
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#273 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 am

Harden is in New York and Kyrie/KD have already discussed how it works with Sean.

Harden, who was scheduled to arrive in New York on Thursday, will be eligible to play once he and all the other players involved in the multiteam deal have undergone a physical examination. Once Harden is cleared, the focus turns to how the Nets' new Big Three will jell on the court and how their supersized personalities will mesh off of it. Marks said that he didn't have to broach the subject of touches and making it work on the floor with Harden, Durant and Irving -- instead, they brought it up to him.

"At the end of the day, that's what we need to hear," Marks said. "And that's the level of sacrifice and these guys know it. And each one of these guys is capable of, you know, leading a team, being the star player on a team and so forth. And, you know, there will be nights when each one has that opportunity. Maybe two or three have that opportunity on any night."
Paradise

Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#274 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 am

Harden expected to debut as a Net on Saturday vs Orlando

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This means KD/Harden/Kyrie are on pace to debut as a trio against...Milwaukee on Monday.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#275 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:16 am

Doesn’t Kyrie need to pass COVID protocal after arriving from Mars?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#276 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:04 am

Paradise wrote:Harden expected to debut as a Net on Saturday vs Orlando

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This means KD/Harden/Kyrie are on pace to debut as a trio against...Milwaukee on Monday.

How does Kyrie play on Saturday? We have no details on him even going through NBA protocols.

Paradise

Post#277 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

How does Kyrie play on Saturday? We have no details on him even going through NBA protocols.

Monday.

He’s been confirmed by Marks to be tested daily. His quarantine won’t be remotely as long.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#278 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Monday.

He’s been confirmed by Marks to be tested daily. His quarantine won’t be remotely as long.

Not confirmed yet. If the NBA thinks he broke a rule, they could make him quarantine longer even if he tests negative. My guess is the league doesn't do anything since Kyrie probably rented out the venue and it was just family and friends. But Monday is probably still a little too soon unless he's back with the team tomorrow.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#279 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:31 am

Never question P. He drinks, and he knows things.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#280 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Monday.

Great news.

Return to Brooklyn Nets