Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#21 » by bubonicphoniks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:06 pm

Joakim Noah?

Need a big and a guard.

No to Jamaal Crawford and Ive been a huge fan. Didnt sit right with me him missing all that time when they signed him last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#22 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:02 pm

I think the most realistic fit right now is probably MKG.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#23 » by DickGrayson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Nets should prioritize a rim protector to replace Allen who provided quality defense consistently. However I do think this is a great opportunity for Nicolas Claxton to evolve and emerge as a consistent rotationally player if hes there to provide that kind of defense. I still think Nets need a 3rd big to fill in for Jordan and Claxton.

Jordan Bell is a free agent and has experience playing with Kevin Durant. He's an excellent help defender and can play PF/C. He's a good passer also only 26 years old.

Emmanuel Mudiay worth a spot on this roster, I think hes better than Brown. He's more promising than Napier.

Crawford/Barea two veteran guards who could be provide depth and playoff experience.

J. Bell, E. Mudiay, Andre Robertson (xp with KD)
Sign Kyle Korver just for the flex.

PG - Irving/Shamet/Mudiay
SG - Harden/TLC/Johnson
SF - Harris/Robertson/Korver
PF - Durant/Green/Perry
C - Jordan/Bell/Claxton

Shamet and TLC are pretty good enough to provide production off the bench when Irving or Harden needs rest. I think Mudiay is a good fit because he's a big guard who can play the 1-2 and will allow Harden and Irving more freedom offensively because Mudiay is an improved shooter from his season with the Jazz.

Robertson/Korver you can pick between defense and shooting to rest Harris.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#24 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Post Harden trade how would you fill-out the roster?

There aren't too many notable free agents I can think of off the top of my head, but thoughts about adding a guy like Dewayne Dedmon? Or maybe RondBAE ( :love: ) ;)?

I think the front court is definitely a concern, but I wouldn't be against adding another PG either...

I'd bring back Rondae in a second. MKG also.

i think no rush though. we could wait and see who fits and who doesnt and what looks good and what doesnt.

Saving the MLE until the buyouts happen is probably wise
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#25 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:The biggest target for my is Dwayne Dedmon.

I'm not sure if I trust Perry defensively in a playoff series. Dedmon is good enough to play like 15 minutes if we need it.

My other target would be RHJ. Hes familiar with the team and can basically guard anyone. We can play him in lineups with a lot of shooting in it.

Dedmond is a 3 & D 5, would fit great but is he healthy?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#26 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The biggest target for my is Dwayne Dedmon.

I'm not sure if I trust Perry defensively in a playoff series. Dedmon is good enough to play like 15 minutes if we need it.

My other target would be RHJ. Hes familiar with the team and can basically guard anyone. We can play him in lineups with a lot of shooting in it.

Dedmond is a 3 & D 5, would fit great but is he healthy?

We don't know the answer to that question.

But I'm willing to wait until he is. We have plenty of time.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#27 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 pm

I wouldn't touch Tyson Chandler...DeAndre and Chandler as our C rotation? What is this, 2014? Chandler is washed up.

OT, but Chandler was always an enigma to me. Like, on paper, he's like the perfect player for any team: mobile, athletic big that can finish around the rim and is a dangerous lob threat, and is a strong defensive presence that can switch and hold his ground if he's switched onto a perimeter player.

But he kind of kept bouncing around the league, even in his prime. Spent 5 years in Chicago, never really panned out. Spent 3 years in NO playing next to CP3, which is when he really started realizing his potential, but then he goes to Charlotte where he doesn't really play well. Ends up in NY, and he does have a really good 3-year run there...makes an All-Star team, wins DPOY, and NY makes the playoffs 2/3 years. Even wins a playoff series.

But then the Knicks decide to rebuild, and they trade him. Now, at that point, he's still like 32/33, he's still a capable defensive presence and good enough on offense. You would think contenders would be lining up to sign him and he could be a fixture for a contending team. But nah, he plays 1 year for Dallas, and then the remaining productive years of his career for a terrible Phoenix team.

IDK, just never made much sense to me how the guy just wasn't that wanted. Never really found a consistent home anywhere. After Chicago, the most time he ever spent anywhere was 3 years.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#28 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Rondae, JLin, Jamal Crawford and MKJ. Easy moves right here! Well, Jamal is just me personally reaching.

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶/̶c̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶x̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶J̶o̶r̶d̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶y̶.̶
̶M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶K̶u̶r̶u̶c̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶

***Actually, what we have is nice. Throw in Rondae and MKJ for lockdown. If everyone will be taking days off, sign Jlin. If Jordan gets hurt we can find anyone to fill in his minutes. Low ego pieces, Easy!

Kyrie
Harden/Shamet
Harris
KD/Green
Jordan/Claxton

Love LeVert and Allen, but it was just too much balancing their minutes on top of playing DinWiddie and Prince. I don't know about anybody else, but that became a headache once Kyrie and KD came back.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:17 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:Rondae, JLin, Jamal Crawford and MKJ. Easy moves right here! Well, Jamal is just me personally reaching.

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶/̶c̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶x̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶J̶o̶r̶d̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶y̶.̶
̶M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶K̶u̶r̶u̶c̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶

***Actually, what we have is nice. Throw in Rondae and MKJ for lockdown. If everyone will be taking days off, sign Jlin. If Jordan gets hurt we can find anyone to fill in his minutes. Low ego pieces, Easy!

Kyrie
Harden/Shamet
Harris
KD/Green
Jordan/Claxton

Love LeVert and Allen, but it was just too much balancing their minutes on top of playing DinWiddie and Prince. I don't know about anybody else, but that became a headache once Kyrie and KD came back.

We dont need Lin or a shoot first/ball dominant guard. we need wings and bigs who can defend and play multiple positions.

RHJ makes alot of sense. I can see him as a small ball 5 at times. he did some of that with us before we let him go. MKG played with Kyrie in highschool and is a jersey guy and still an elite defender. he'd fit perfect. Love Crawford, he can still score, but not sure he fits now for similar reasons to lin.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#30 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 am

Paradise wrote:I think the most realistic fit right now is probably MKG.

Said the same thing earlier... MKG per his speciality has a nice fit here for spell or defensive sequences needed. We lost a good pick pocketer in Levert(tho one can Harden is swift too) so we need to fix that.

Plus MKG is athletic and we need some jolt in athleticism in big form..... Can’t have another flat footed guy.... need some juice in the front court IMO
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#31 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 am

^^clarify that in addition to MKG, the next fill in should be someone with juice in their legs... a hustler, energetic, someone who is more athlete than anything... gotta get a runner.....

Nance Jr, mentioned week ago i think, made a lot sense back even with the likes of Allen still here....

I think Perry is going to flourish but he’s a 5... Nance Jr, if price is affordable, offers great prospects at the 4 spot which then can switch it up to the 5..... or someone similar.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#32 » by N Ireland Nets » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 am

What about someone like Hassan Whiteside? Just a random thought.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#33 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:What about someone like Hassan Whiteside? Just a random thought.

He’s making entirely too much in Sacramento.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#34 » by Openheimer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:06 am

Wait for buyout market.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#35 » by bubonicphoniks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 am

Vince Carter lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#36 » by God Squad » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
God Squad wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Ones ready he'll definitely get his min. We will have to rely on him during regular season. Nic will surprise a lot people, talent is there for sure.

I ask because I'm thinking of picking either him or perry up in fantasy (20 team league). I think Claxton might provide good value.

Claxton has jumper's knee with no known date set for his return. Avoid him for now.

Thx G. I already picked up Brown before the Harden trade. Now I'm a little worried. Hoping he'll still have a role.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#37 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:59 am

I'd take RHJ in a second. Don't think he'd be an every day player but if Green misses time, we really need someone that can somewhat fill that role. We know what he brings to the table.

I wish they'd give us a timetable on Claxton. If we had Claxton and Perry fighting for the backup C spot, I'd feel a lot better. Claxton fits the type of profile that could really help.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:01 pm

God Squad wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
God Squad wrote:I ask because I'm thinking of picking either him or perry up in fantasy (20 team league). I think Claxton might provide good value.

Claxton has jumper's knee with no known date set for his return. Avoid him for now.

Thx G. I already picked up Brown before the Harden trade. Now I'm a little worried. Hoping he'll still have a role.

Brown gives the team a ton of energy so it's a lock that he either starts next to Irving or comes off the bench
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#39 » by Stone » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:01 pm

Chap for the win.......... :nod:

The game against the Kings, down 25 to start the forth. It was RHJ's defensive effort that was the difference.

The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#40 » by Openheimer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:39 pm

Trevor Ariza another 3and D guy once he gets bought out

Return to Brooklyn Nets