B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2281 » by B-King » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:We’re still wondering what Lonzo is and I kind of like him

Big Lonzo fan here too. Much improved shooter than when he was a rookie. He’s a point guard every team would love to have. I don’t see all-star in the future, but very solid point.

Would never have drafted him at 2, just like his brother. But he’s fine. And he’s the most like able of all the Balls

Definitely the most likable Ball. You can't pick your parents and I actually feel sorry for him in terms of how his dad is probably raping his bank account.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#2282 » by cdubbz » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:10 pm

B-King wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Big Lonzo fan here too. Much improved shooter than when he was a rookie. He’s a point guard every team would love to have. I don’t see all-star in the future, but very solid point.

Would never have drafted him at 2, just like his brother. But he’s fine. And he’s the most like able of all the Balls

Definitely the most likable Ball. You can't pick your parents and I actually feel sorry for him in terms of how his dad is probably raping his bank account.

The hate of Lavar Ball & Ball family is ridiculous. Fans are still pressed about the BBB brand push, Stiff arming Nike and Adidas deals, the praise of Lonzo Ball as a rookie etc.

Raping his bank account? Where does that come from? False accusations and just adding more hate off baseless claims is pretty low. Lavar raised his kids to become elite athletes and NBA players. The kids have rarely said anything bad about him.

Just tired of the hate that was incoming on Lamelo pre draft. Now fans are loving him and saying he’s not that bad of a character. Smh
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#2283 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:07 pm

cdubbz wrote:
B-King wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

The hate of Lavar Ball & Ball family is ridiculous. Fans are still pressed about the BBB brand push, Stiff arming Nike and Adidas deals, the praise of Lonzo Ball as a rookie etc.

Raping his bank account? Where does that come from? False accusations and just adding more hate off baseless claims is pretty low. Lavar raised his kids to become elite athletes and NBA players. The kids have rarely said anything bad about him.

Just tired of the hate that was incoming on Lamelo pre draft. Now fans are loving him and saying he’s not that bad of a character. Smh

Anybody can see that Lavar is toxic. I never had a problem with Lonzo, always seemed like a pretty laid back dude. In fact, he looks like he might be suffering from depression which wouldn't surprise me considering Lavar's oppressive and overbearing personality. Lamelo seems pretty quiet as well. It strikes me that the kids being for the most part quiet and respectful is a rejection of the father's personality.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2284 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
cdubbz wrote:[quote=Ok ok"B-King"]

Anybody can see that Lavar is toxic. I never had a problem with Lonzo, always seemed like a pretty laid back dude. In fact, he looks like he might be suffering from depression which wouldn't surprise me considering Lavar's oppressive and overbearing personality. Lamelo seems pretty quiet as well. It strikes me that the kids being for the most part quiet and respectful is a rejection of the father's personality.[/quote]

:banghead:

I’m done lol.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#2285 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:18 am

cdubbz wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Anybody can see that Lavar is toxic. I never had a problem with Lonzo, always seemed like a pretty laid back dude. In fact, he looks like he might be suffering from depression which wouldn't surprise me considering Lavar's oppressive and overbearing personality. Lamelo seems pretty quiet as well. It strikes me that the kids being for the most part quiet and respectful is a rejection of the father's personality.

:banghead:

I’m done lol.

That's why you're here
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
B-King
Rookie

Post#2286 » by B-King » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

cdubbz wrote:
B-King wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

You can draw your own conclusions about how the family finances works. I did preface it by saying was probably raping his account.

[url]
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,041

Post#2287 » by Jester_ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Guy raised two boys to be top picks in the NBA, neither of whom seem to be knuckleheads and don't seem to have a problem with their pops - but the armchair psychologists online gotta insist he's a bad father lmao
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#2288 » by freypies » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am

LaMelo and Haliburton look better than anyone else in this class so far. They play with such a high level of maturity already. Will be interesting to see how it goes as the season progresses. It seems to me that Wiseman is raw right now, but the flashes are very enticing.
B-King
Rookie

Post#2289 » by B-King » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 pm

Jester_ wrote:Guy raised two boys to be top picks in the NBA, neither of whom seem to be knuckleheads and don't seem to have a problem with their pops - but the armchair psychologists online gotta insist he's a bad father lmao

I may dislike Lavar, but he is around as a father and that does count for something.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#2290 » by Hopper15 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 pm

Remember just before the draft that Larry Harris said the team ID'd two players clearly in a tier above the others? MTII appears to be intimating that the 2nd guy was Ball.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#2291 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 pm

his shot is still busted tho

he basically seems like a more athletic version of his brother with crappier defense
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2292 » by Little Digger » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 am

Marcus T reporting that the warriors thought Ball was the most talented player in the draft but they went with the best fit
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2293 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 am

Marcus Thompson has been off for a long time. Even Kawakami has passed him up, on the right more often than wrong scale.

Monte Poole has been really good this last year and I find he has been right quite often. I also really expect Marc Spears.

Stay away from Nick Friedel. Dude thinks he’s connected and even though he is a local reporter, he’s to bust adding his opinion into his reporting.

Slater is ok. He tends to just report most of the time.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2294 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:52 am

I think Ball wins Rookie of the Year and I’m totally cool with that. I’m not here to hate on the kid because he’s an NBA player. I like his vision and passing a ton. But the warts are real and they may hinder him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2295 » by Little Digger » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 am

Marcus has always had legit sources..Same with Monte ...nobody likes Kamakazi so he’s alwAys just made sh*t up..Connor is the new Kamakazi
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#2296 » by tarantism » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:03 am

Little Digger wrote:Marcus has always had legit sources..Same with Monte ...nobody likes Kamakazi so he’s alwAys just made sh*t up..Connor is the new Kamakazi
We could probably debate the quality of beat reporters without being racist, just saying.

On LaMelo - the warts are DEFINITELY there. He's far from being a scorer, and he takes boneheaded threes that must drive his coach crazy. He definitely has playmaking instincts, and he hustles. I think the rebounding is a little overblown, but its useful when he can hit outlet passes and jumpstart the break. He's got a long way to go as a defensive player both on and off ball, but that part may never come around.

All in all he's about what I expected at this point honestly, lots of sizzle but not much steak - kinda like Zion has been so far (except at least Zion is an efficient scorer).
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2297 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:33 am

I have high hopes for Nico. He was right up there in talent with Cole Anthony & Lamelo in high school. Hope he gets some minutes at some point this season
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#2298 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 am

cdubbz wrote:
B-King wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

the infatuation with the Ball family is just as weird as the hate on the Ball family
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#2299 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:37 am

clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
B-King wrote:

the infatuation with the Ball family is just as weird as the hate on the Ball family

No infatuation here. It’s just odd when posters dislike players because of their fathers or what they do in high school. Pretty laughable.
B-King
Rookie

Post#2300 » by B-King » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 pm

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

No infatuation here. It’s just odd when posters dislike players because of their fathers or what they do in high school. Pretty laughable.

Pretty laughable that you expect others to be aligned with your mind set. People can have different opinions and just agree to disagree.

Return to Golden State Warriors