Ben Simmons best offers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Re: Ben Simmons best offers 

Post#81 » by VDT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm

nate33 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Beal IMO. Don’t think Washington will get a better offer. Philly wanted a dynamic wing for him. Pretty even deal

Simmons to DC as discussed a bunch of times, is a weird fit. Simmons and Westbrook for 3 years paired together. Wizards last two draft high picks have been forwards — Simmons ideal position. Outside of Bertans do they surround him with shooting?

The trade I have seen a bunch of times still works (maybe better) even after the draft.

Wizards: Beal + Fillers
FOR
Edwards + Culver + Green + Draft Picks

Wolves: Edwards + Rubio + Culver + Draft Capital
FOR
Simmons + Filler

76ers: Simmons + Green
FOR
Beal + Rubio

76ers get more shooting and a pass first PG.
Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Beal
Rubio
Curry as 6th man and 4th quarter shooter.

76ers give this lineup a try. Next season they would have Rubio expiring salary, Curry, youth and own picks to upgrade if needed.

That better be a lot of "Draft Capital" for the Wizards to consider it. Beal is currently averaging 35/5/5 on above - .600 TS% by the way.

Harden is a better scorer and can run the offense. I also dont like that Beal's scoring doesnt appear to help the Wizards to even get to the playoffs in a conference where teams like Orlando are playoff teams. There is always going to be a guy scoring a lot of points on a team, even bad teams, and i am not sure how his scoring, his main asset, would translate on good teams. Lavine or Russell are some other players with similar concerns although in their cases most people would share my concerns i think, while with Beal i am probably in the minority.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#82 » by jbent87 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:56 pm

VDT wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Simmons to DC as discussed a bunch of times, is a weird fit. Simmons and Westbrook for 3 years paired together. Wizards last two draft high picks have been forwards — Simmons ideal position. Outside of Bertans do they surround him with shooting?

The trade I have seen a bunch of times still works (maybe better) even after the draft.

Wizards: Beal + Fillers
FOR
Edwards + Culver + Green + Draft Picks

Wolves: Edwards + Rubio + Culver + Draft Capital
FOR
Simmons + Filler

76ers: Simmons + Green
FOR
Beal + Rubio

76ers get more shooting and a pass first PG.
Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Beal
Rubio
Curry as 6th man and 4th quarter shooter.

76ers give this lineup a try. Next season they would have Rubio expiring salary, Curry, youth and own picks to upgrade if needed.

That better be a lot of "Draft Capital" for the Wizards to consider it. Beal is currently averaging 35/5/5 on above - .600 TS% by the way.

Harden is a better scorer and can run the offense. I also dont like that Beal's scoring doesnt appear to help the Wizards to even get to the playoffs in a conference where teams like Orlando are playoff teams. There is always going to be a guy scoring a lot of points on a team, even bad teams, and i am not sure how his scoring, his main asset, would translate on good teams. Lavine or Russell are some other players with similar concerns although in their cases most people would share my concerns i think, while with Beal i am probably in the minority.

sure. now good luck telling that to Wiz to defend the offer you're sending them which sounds like is going to be significantly lower than what Harden got. They'll hang up the phone and trot him back out there to keep scoring while wearing a Wizards jersey.
Cardinalsfan27
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#83 » by Cardinalsfan27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Pipp33 wrote:
Agree! I'm a Bulls fan that has been in favour of trading Lavine, BUT there is no way in hell Bulls trade him for that return (and I like Culver).
To add to that, Lavine has improved every year he's been in the league and is showing signs this season of continuing that trend. Can't see Bulls trading Lavine unless it's in a package for a superstar

just ignore troll proposal. hes just pissed Bulls stole lavine and doing a revenge trade. Why would bulls ever help wolves get simmons while trading number 1 guy?

Or very common to over value ones players as yet again Harden and Dipo trades prove. Even Allen got very little.

I am a LaVine fan too. Culver + Green for LaVine is a fair offer. Should a protected 1st go Bulls way? Sure. Not going to split hairs.

No it isn’t.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,403

Post#84 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
just ignore troll proposal. hes just pissed Bulls stole lavine and doing a revenge trade. Why would bulls ever help wolves get simmons while trading number 1 guy?

Or very common to over value ones players as yet again Harden and Dipo trades prove. Even Allen got very little.

I am a LaVine fan too. Culver + Green for LaVine is a fair offer. Should a protected 1st go Bulls way? Sure. Not going to split hairs.

No it isn’t.

Harden has two years left on his contract. Is a SG scorer just like LaVine. Look what he just went for?

LaVine would get much smaller haul. Much smaller.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#85 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:58 pm

jbent87 wrote:
VDT wrote:
nate33 wrote:That better be a lot of "Draft Capital" for the Wizards to consider it. Beal is currently averaging 35/5/5 on above - .600 TS% by the way.

sure. now good luck telling that to Wiz to defend the offer you're sending them which sounds like is going to be significantly lower than what Harden got. They'll hang up the phone and trot him back out there to keep scoring while wearing a Wizards jersey.

This board needs to find some consistency. Beal is valued to the max. Not an empty stat guy leading his team to nothing. But guys like LaVine, Towns and so many others get debated as some level of empty stat guy with polarizing value.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#86 » by nolang1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
BullyKing wrote:I'll be honest. Other than the Lowry and McCollum posts, these are far from the most insulting offers this board has ever generated.

I'm going to put a caveat on McCollum. I think it depends on whether the McCollum we're seeing right now is him taking a step forward, or whether he will regress to what he was the past 3 years. Even if McCollum regresses in some of his shooting percentages, maintaining his career 3p% while increasing volume something like 50% and increasing his assist % the way he has is a true all-star player.

If CJ is more of a 26ppg player than a 21-22ppg player on around the same amount of shots due to increased 3pt volume, something like CJ+Trent would make the 76ers SIGNIFIGANTLY better IMO. I totally understand any thoughts of regression and general apprehension though.

Yeah I've always thought CJ was a bit underrated in that playing with Lillard masks some of his own ability as a lead ballhandler and exacerbates his defensive deficiencies, and then being more of a volume three-point shooter has taken him to another level so far this year. The problem is that the Blazers traded away a lot of their '+' to get Covington.
Cardinalsfan27
Freshman

Post#87 » by Cardinalsfan27 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:34 am

Wolveswin wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Or very common to over value ones players as yet again Harden and Dipo trades prove. Even Allen got very little.

No it isn’t.

Harden has two years left on his contract. Is a SG scorer just like LaVine. Look what he just went for?

It doesn’t matter what you think he would go for, the Bulls aren’t dumb enough to trade him for that offer, any GM who is should immediately lose their job.

Houston also got 4 picks and 4 more pick swaps (I think) for Harden so if a team wants to add some picks then maybe but not for an overrated player who can’t shoot and for a guy that’s 33 years old.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#88 » by Def Leppard » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:53 am

This is a classic case of Philly values Ben more then other towns would in a trade. Ie Philly wouldn't get the return they are looking for unless it's sold good player and picks

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Wolveswin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:28 am

Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
No it isn’t.

It doesn’t matter what you think he would go for, the Bulls aren’t dumb enough to trade him for that offer, any GM who is should immediately lose their job.

Houston also got 4 picks and 4 more pick swaps (I think) for Harden so if a team wants to add some picks then maybe but not for an overrated player who can’t shoot and for a guy that’s 33 years old.

Why come here to discuss anything? I too will sit here and say my guy is worth tons. No discussion to be had.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#90 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:40 am

Well... if the Blazers fully fall apart this season, maybe we'll finally get that Dame for Simmons trade that has basically been floated at various points since before the 2016 draft.
irfunk_
Freshman
And1: 66

Post#91 » by irfunk_ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 am

Brogdon + TJ Warren for Simmons+Milton

Sixers would be instant contenders above Nets and Pacers will get the player with highest upward.

Russell to 76ers Simmons+Burks to Wolves Rubio+necessary 2nd rounders to NYK

76ers gets another shooter around embiid, With KAT’s unique style of play Simmons’ non existing shooting would not be a problem and they have to get rid of Rubio in order to play Simmons so they dump him to NYK.

Zach+Felicio to 76ers Simmons+Turner to Bulls Wendell+Markkanen to Pacers

76ers gets much needed closer in Lavine, Pacers gets two young pieces they can keep 5+ years under contract, Bulls builds a team fits Simmons like Bucks build around Giannis. Even Kornet from bench is fitting to his talents and a backcourt of Simmons-Williams-Turner is defensively scary.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#92 » by jbent87 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Def Leppard wrote:This is a classic case of Philly values Ben more then other towns would in a trade. Ie Philly wouldn't get the return they are looking for unless it's sold good player and picks

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app

there is definitely some truth in what you're saying. This happens all the time when the homegrown star is being discussed in trade talks, because of the expectations that team had for the player based on where they picked that guy, they want the return on their investment that they anticipated back when they drafted him - in this specific case, see the first comparison for Ben that some draft sites had on him when he came out: https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ben-simmons/

The Sixers want to still believe they have a LBJ comparison player here. That's what they're going to say in any trade conversation ("If he just implements the jumper... he's getting closer and closer to doing that and making it part of his game, once it's there he's going to be unstoppable...") Now that probably won't ever happen. But the Sixers are going to want to sell that part to any team calling for him. They don't want that team to say sorry we think he's Lamar Odom/tall Rondo and that's it. The Sixers then say well we're banking on him being the other guy, so thanks for calling but we'll stand pat. It only takes one, and if the Sixers find that team who wants to believe Simmons still can be what we thought he could five years ago, I think they will absolutely cash him in. I know I would, as a fan.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#93 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm

irfunk_ wrote:Zach+Felicio to 76ers Simmons+Turner to Bulls Wendell+Markkanen to Pacers

76ers gets much needed closer in Lavine, Pacers gets two young pieces they can keep 5+ years under contract, Bulls builds a team fits Simmons like Bucks build around Giannis. Even Kornet from bench is fitting to his talents and a backcourt of Simmons-Williams-Turner is defensively scary.

This offer makes no sense for Bulls if they trade Lavine and everyone.
Getting simmons means competing and the whole goal is to pair Lavine unless Philly accepts 1for 1 swap.
Bulls final offer will be something like White, Carter, Young, 2021 top 3 pick.
Now a core of Simmons-Lavine-Lauri-PW is something that can challenge ECF.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Cardinalsfan27
Freshman

Post#94 » by Cardinalsfan27 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Harden has two years left on his contract. Is a SG scorer just like LaVine. Look what he just went for?

Why come here to discuss anything? I too will sit here and say my guy is worth tons. No discussion to be had.

You said it, for discussion. Why do you keep responding? You think Danny Green and Culver are worth LaVine, they aren’t.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#95 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Zach Lavine, Otto Porter Jr., Wendell Carter, Tomas Satoransky, Thaddeus Young, 2023 frp Bulls unprotected, 2025 frp Bulls top 10 protected, 2021 second round pick for Ben Simmons.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#96 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:51 pm

And Thybulle.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#97 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:21 am

E S V L wrote:Fox for Simmons straight looks like the only legit one

I get that I'm in the minority around here (not so much on the GB) but id definitely rather have Fox than Simmons.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#98 » by PhillyNj » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:23 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I get that I'm in the minority around here (not so much on the GB) but id definitely rather have Fox than Simmons.

Sorry but Fox is not in Simmons league. Sixers definitely say no.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#99 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:25 am

PhillyNj wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Id never offer it, so i'm clearly not offended. No need for a guy with Simmons flaws. Go on the GB and look at the threads to see what the majority think of him. Hes the most overhyped player of our generation
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#100 » by GutUNC » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:27 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Id never offer it, so i'm clearly not offended. No need for a guy with Simmons flaws. Go on the GB and look at the threads to see what the majority think of him. Hes the most overhyped player of our generation

Definitely came to this thread looking to foster some great discussion, eh? :lol:
GDTBATH

Return to Trades and Transactions