ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#281 » by TGW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Allen Robinson and Kyle Pitts. If somehow they can nab both of these guys, I'd say there's potential for a SB run.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#282 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 am

TGW wrote:Allen Robinson and Kyle Pitts. If somehow they can nab both of these guys, I'd say there's potential for a SB run.

I’d love that. But I don’t see any way Pitts drops to 19
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#283 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 pm

I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#284 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.

Word. I think he fits need and draft position really well.
In Rizzo we trust
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#285 » by WashWiz54 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:53 am

So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#286 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.

Until we get a decent owner, we'll continue to make inexplicably poor decisions like this.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:28 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.

Word. I think he fits need and draft position really well.

I guess he's not rated higher because people are comparing him to 34 OLBers who rush the passer, and he got only 4 sacks, but that's not how Washington would use him - playing primarily a 43 defense. He'd be playing any of the 3 LBer positions - and playing much more coverage than blitzing.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#288 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WashWiz54 wrote:So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.

Until we get a decent owner, we'll continue to make inexplicably poor decisions like this.

Don't blame Dan for this one.

This is 100% Ron.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:06 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

That’s a bad decision.

Don't blame Dan for this one.

This is 100% Ron.

Who gave Ron the power? Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think it never makes sense to give the coach the power to choose the GM.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#290 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Actually, forget all those guys. We need to sign Chad Henne! :D
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#291 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:33 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Actually, forget all those guys. We need to sign Chad Henne! :D

What time is it? Hennetime!

But seriously, Tampa Bay showed what a great defense they have - completely shutting down Drew Brees - which make's Heinicke's performance against them even more impressive. Btw, that might've been Brees' last game, so expect NO to go after Watson.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#292 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Actually, forget all those guys. We need to sign Chad Henne! :D

But seriously, Tampa Bay showed what a great defense they have - completely shutting down Drew Brees - which make's Heinicke's performance against them even more impressive. Btw, that might've been Brees' last game, so expect NO to go after Watson.

From various reports, Watson's top choice is Miami....and they have the assets to get a deal done.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#293 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

From various reports, Watson's top choice is Miami....and they have the assets to get a deal done.

Yeah, it sounds like the Dolphins have already given up on Tua - after supposedly regarding him as the greatest prospect since sliced bread (?), and he had a relatively decent rookie year - considering he threw just 2 passes before week 8; 11 TD passes, 5 ints, 64.1%, 3 TD runs, only 1 fumble.

If the Skins do trade for either Watson or Stafford, gotta make tough decisions on what to trade. Here's a choice that won't be popular but does make sense, imo. Jonathan Allen is a team leader and a heckuva young player, but... he will be a UFA after the 2021 season, and he's already making 10.5 million in 2021. We have 2 backup DT's that are starting quality - in Matt ioannidis (the NFL's most difficult to spell name) and Tim Settle, and I think they like Caleb Brantley, as well - who sat out the season. If the price for Watson is Allen and a FRP, that could be a smart deal.

It's not going to be popular to say it, but this is the right time to trade Jonathan Allen.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#294 » by Kanyewest » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing- perhaps Washington's offense and New Orleans defense would have been enough to get the job against Tampa. Tampa's defense did have linebacker Devin White back though against New Orleans who had 10+ tackles and an interception.

As for the Saints

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Also 21 of their players are going to become free agents.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#295 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:What time is it? Hennetime!

Yeah, it sounds like the Dolphins have already given up on Tua - after supposedly regarding him as the greatest prospect since sliced bread (?), and he had a relatively decent rookie year - considering he threw just 2 passes before week 8; 11 TD passes, 5 ints, 64.1%, 3 TD runs, only 1 fumble.

If the Skins do trade for either Watson or Stafford, gotta make tough decisions on what to trade. Here's a choice that won't be popular but does make sense, imo. Jonathan Allen is a team leader and a heckuva young player, but... he will be a UFA after the 2021 season, and he's already making 10.5 million in 2021. We have 2 backup DT's that are starting quality - in Matt ioannidis (the NFL's most difficult to spell name) and Tim Settle, and I think they like Caleb Brantley, as well - who sat out the season. If the price for Watson is Allen and a FRP, that could be a smart deal.

It's not going to be popular to say it, but this is the right time to trade Jonathan Allen.

Might not be popular but it's the smart move.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#296 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:What time is it? Hennetime!

Might not be popular but it's the smart move.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#297 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:04 pm

A first plus Allen for Watson? I'd do it in a second. But I think Houston will get better offers.
In Rizzo we trust
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#298 » by TGW » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:28 pm

Watson is going to Miami. Unless he specifically says he want to play for the WFT, we have no chance.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#299 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:A first plus Allen for Watson? I'd do it in a second. But I think Houston will get better offers.

That's not even close to a competitive offer.

More like Allen, Two first rounders, and other picks.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#300 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards