Nets trade for Harden!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#361 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Paradise wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Ugh, Levert cost us an additional 2nd round pick with his physical issues.

I was just about to post that. Wow!

This is REALLY an interesting development. Trading him might’ve saved our season.

I think it was just Indiana juicing us for a bit of extra value. Oh well, it's fine.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#362 » by Khashbaatar » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#363 » by Paradise » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:57 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Wondering what the issue was from leverts physical.

Has to be his foot. Multiple surgeries, dislocation and problems recent seasons. Has to be foot related.

It’s worse. Caris has a kidney mass. Wow.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,848

Post#364 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Khashbaatar wrote:
Read on Twitter

No!!!! Goddamn I hope it's benign and he'll be okay. Prayers for Caris
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#365 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Man, Caris cant catch a break. i hope its nothing serious and can be easily remedied....

the trade may be a blessing in disguise, there would have been no MRI without a required physical due to the trade right?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#366 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:Man, Caris cant catch a break. i hope its nothing serious and can be easily remedied....

the trade may be a blessing in disguise, there would have been no MRI without a required physical due to the trade right?

Correct. This was a blessing in disguise. I hope he will be alright

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#367 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:11 pm

So what do I think of this trade?

I love it!

Harden is a generational talent and probably my favorite player in the league the last 10 years.

He should remain at an MVP level for a couple more seasons after this and still be really good into his mid to late 30’s.

His positivity and energy is going to be infectious. Good vibes only!

There are a lot of pick swaps and unprotected picks, so that’s a bit concerning. There’s a good chance one of those on the tail end will be conveyed as a top 10 lotto pick.

Remember though, we have to be worse then Houston as well though. Even if things click there for a couple seasons, with their current roster and outlook, chances are they’re going to be tanking in ‘23-‘27 themselves and not by choice.

The Thunder are a team to watch for, believe they have a couple pick swap options and picks owed to them as well, where if we had the worst record between the 3 of us, there’s a couple years our pick would go to OKC even if we’re better than Houston.

But, you have to give to get. Even if over the course of the 7 picks we send out, we send a swap of say 9 for 14 and send an unprotected 8th overall, who cares? We still got James Harden for a bunch of late picks, a couple mid lottery picks, LeVert and Allen and bad salary filler.

That’s another thing, it’s probably safe to assume Marks sent out an extra pick or 2, instead of replacing Prince with Dinwiddie. To me that says a lot, on a number of levels of how this organization thinks and operates.

I was a big Caris fan, have 2 Caris jerseys and all, but as good as he can be some nights, he’s just not an efficient player, his defense had become flatout bad and he dribbles the air out of the ball even though his skill level and overall level of play dictates he shouldn’t. Then beyond basketball, this trade may have literally saved his life, or at the least his career!

Losing Allen hurts. I think he’s the biggest loss, not even just the obvious immediate, but I honestly think in 3 years, he’s going to be a unanimous top 7 center in the league, who some argue as high as 3rd or 4th.

But we still just landed James freakin’ Harden! In his prime!

And he forced his way here! A few years ago we were worried Spence would leave for greener pastures, DLo would be a meh also ran, Caris would always be hurt. Before that was doom and gloom and watching Boston land a franchise level player with our pick, while picking up more picks with the trade back, and an All Star level player in Brown too. Before that? 12-70. And now here we sit, Kevin mother f’n Durant and Kyrie just out and out sign here as free agents, taking a small discount to boot to bring their boy DeAndre, for better or worse! Next a generational, top 3 level talent on the planet forces his way here in trade, in his prime! Times really have changed!

God bless you Luis Scola! :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#368 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Looks like Nets did try to retain Allen but unsuccessful
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#369 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:49 am

So now we get to see the most unstoppable force in basketball paired up with two elite scorers. Get ready for this ride everyone and enjoy. The IQ and vision he brings is something special.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#370 » by Vator » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:50 am

Vator wrote:It is one thing when you casually watch a guy on a different team compared to how you really analyze that player when he is on your team. Especially a guy like Harden who frustrates other fanbases because he puts sooo much pressure on the opponent defensively and his ability to draw fouls.

Reading some of your other threads I've noticed how amazed you all have been by KD at times and this will be similar in many ways, but also different because as great as a scorer that KD, Kyrie and James are, James is really a natural point guard despite his 6'5 230 pound (generous right now lol) frame and he has tremendous court vision. You all are in for a treat. The number of open shots he generates by himself due to his ability to break his man down off the dribble, his ability to pull up from anywhere, and his mastery of the pick and roll is crazy. I'm so used to teams coming up with junk defenses consisting of double and triple teams and guys loading up on him that I can't even imagine how other teams will defend him with Kyrie and Durant on the floor with him.

Hate to quote myself, but how close to right was I?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#371 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:53 am

Vator wrote:
Vator wrote:It is one thing when you casually watch a guy on a different team compared to how you really analyze that player when he is on your team. Especially a guy like Harden who frustrates other fanbases because he puts sooo much pressure on the opponent defensively and his ability to draw fouls.

Reading some of your other threads I've noticed how amazed you all have been by KD at times and this will be similar in many ways, but also different because as great as a scorer that KD, Kyrie and James are, James is really a natural point guard despite his 6'5 230 pound (generous right now lol) frame and he has tremendous court vision. You all are in for a treat. The number of open shots he generates by himself due to his ability to break his man down off the dribble, his ability to pull up from anywhere, and his mastery of the pick and roll is crazy. I'm so used to teams coming up with junk defenses consisting of double and triple teams and guys loading up on him that I can't even imagine how other teams will defend him with Kyrie and Durant on the floor with him.

Hate to quote myself, but how close to right was I?

100%.

I have been amazed at how incredible this man is. high iq, elite dribble, passing, shooting, and knows how to get separation without even having to be some elite athlete or speed freak.

Cockers
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#372 » by Cockers » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:05 am

I wish my team had Harden. He showed a lot of heart this series.
NYK-Mentality85
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#373 » by NYK-Mentality85 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:48 am

That's the problem with NBA super teams built around just 3 players.

1/3 get hurt and go down with an injury? And now you're stuck with only 2 basketball players along with no role players for your HC m, mediocre backups and chances are both salary cap hell and loss of future draft picks.

Etc.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#374 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:08 am

Well yeah, injuries can derail anyone’s season, that’s not new. Actually having a super team protects against injuries, since you still have 2 superstars that can win you games if one of them gets hurt...which is what we had. It’s just tough when 2/3 are now hurt.

Still doing this trade 100/100 times. Harden needs to come into next season in better shape, and hopefully we manage Kyrie and Durant so that they’re good for the PS, and hopefully no freak injuries happen.

Plenty of “what if’s” in NBA history regarding teams that get injured at the worst possible time. This season it ended up being us.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#375 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:32 pm

I appreciate this guy. I hope he rests up and locks in on his prep for next season. He held it down for us during the season and played on one leg just to keep us alive. I can't wait for next season

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#376 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:13 am

NYK-Mentality85 wrote:That's the problem with NBA super teams built around just 3 players.

1/3 get hurt and go down with an injury? And now you're stuck with only 2 basketball players along with no role players for your HC m, mediocre backups and chances are both salary cap hell and loss of future draft picks.

Etc.

How'd the Big 15 work out for u guys?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
NYK-Mentality85
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#377 » by NYK-Mentality85 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:10 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
NYK-Mentality85 wrote:That's the problem with NBA super teams built around just 3 players.

Etc.

How'd the Big 15 work out for u guys?

It was a fun season and made the playoffs during only year #1 under coach Thibs.

With younger homegrown kids like Immanuel Quickley, R.J Barrett, Obi Toppin and Mitchell Robinson (Julius Randle as our FA All-star).

We've also got A+ available salary cap space heading into the offseason (unlike Brooklyn) along with damn near 3 first round picks too. In order to improve.

We weren't absolutely embarrassed by failing in the 2nd round despite a $$$$roster$$$$ with James Harden, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and lol AWOL Kyrie Irving.

Good luck next year maybe you guys can convince K. Leonard to ring chase?

C: Blake Griffin.
PF: Kevin Durant.
SF: K. Leonard.
SG: James Harden.
PG: Kyrie Irving.

Unfortunately for Brooklyn and fortunately for the NBA you guys, can't afford that...
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#378 » by gigantes » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I appreciate this guy. I hope he rests up and locks in on his prep for next season. He held it down for us during the season and played on one leg just to keep us alive. I can't wait for next season

Underrated point IMO. Beard was an absolute tank for us, playing 40min for us his very first game at ORL, Jan 16th, and averaging around the same (maybe even higher?) until the HOU 3-31 game, around when the injury happened.

IIRC it was Kyrie shenanigans and Durant false-positive tests that kind of prompted him to step up like that, and he was clearly willing. But also, it seems like the NBA's compacted season did him no favors there. Because even a champion workhorse can get overworked, or something like that.

Without the Harden trade, this season would have looked more like last years, I think.
RoxFan
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#379 » by RoxFan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:26 pm

James Harden is a regular season hero/playoff zero. He doesn't have a killer mentality, plays uninterested and will always disappear in the post season when it matters. I've seen it for years, it's a fact. He's older and his body has too much mileage now. As long as you have KD, you have a chance to win a chip but don't expect too much from Harden when the lights shine brightest. He's a mental midget
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#380 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Rather he not play in Tokyo but can't deny that..

He needs to recover and rest and get in shape for the season
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets