Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Levert out indefinitely with mass on kidney 

Post#1 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

No assurances exactly what it is, but let’s hope for the best for him, regardless of his Pacers affiliation now.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Re: Levert out indefinitely with mass on kidney 

Post#2 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Definitely not what I was excepting the injury to be. Agreed that hopefully it turns out well for Levert no matter what.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by Wizop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:01 pm

Sounds a little like Sanchez, the Colts punter, who missed very little after having a tumor removed.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#6 » by Tom White » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 pm

The young man may be very fortunate he was in a position which required him get that physical. I hope it is nothing serious, but if it is, this trade and resulting physical may have saved his health/life.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:39 pm

I'd nullify this trade and send LeVert back to Houston or Brooklyn for something else. If he's done we're stuck with his salary. And get nothing but cash and a couple of 2nds!??
Wizop
RealGM

Post#8 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:37 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'd nullify this trade and send LeVert back to Houston or Brooklyn for something else. If he's done we're stuck with his salary. And get nothing but cash and a couple of 2nds!??
You should listen to Pritchard's press conference on pacers.com. clicking on the tweet should take you there. I think you can be confident that that the fact that they didn't void the trade means the medical opinions are positive.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Thank the Gods we traded for him and he could find out already.

Best recovery and even happier about the trade :D .
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Tom White » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Wizop wrote:You should listen to Pritchard's press conference on pacers.com. clicking on the tweet should take you there. I think you can be confident that that the fact that they didn't void the trade means the medical opinions are positive.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

That video clip is rather lengthy (just over a half-hour) but well worth the listen. Very interesting conversation. Thanks for posting that.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Waaait a minute, I just realized something

Rockets basically traded James Harden for Victor Oladipo + salary fillers + 4 FRPs + 4 pick swaps

So... Pacers could have just cut everyone else out and offered the same package?

Assuming we used Doug and McConnell as the salary fillers (because Rockets likely don't want to add any long term salary), we'd be left with:

Myles | Goga
Domas | Sampson
Justin | Lamb | Warren
HARDEN | Sumner
Brogdon | Aaron

Oh wow, that looks like a title contender, especially once Warren is back

Even if Harden just ups and leaves after two years with the Pacers, that would have given Pacers two shots at the championship

Should Pacers have done that?

Should the team have offered 4 FRPs and 4 pick swaps to get Harden instead of Levert?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Waaait a minute, I just realized something

Rockets basically traded James Harden for Victor Oladipo + salary fillers + 4 FRPs + 4 pick swaps

So... Pacers could have just cut everyone else out and offered the same package?

Assuming we used Doug and McConnell as the salary fillers (because Rockets likely don't want to add any long term salary), we'd be left with:

Myles | Goga
Domas | Sampson
Justin | Lamb | Warren
HARDEN | Sumner
Brogdon | Aaron

Oh wow, that looks like a title contender, especially once Warren is back

Even if Harden just ups and leaves after two years with the Pacers, that would have given Pacers two shots at the championship

Should Pacers have done that?

Should the team have offered 4 FRPs and 4 pick swaps to get Harden instead of Levert?

We’d still have to send out more salary to make it legally work. And Houston wanted to cut some salary, so we’d have to have been willing to pay a ton of tax.

Otherwise, I guess it could’ve happened?
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Tom White » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Should Pacers have done that?

That sounds like a sure fire team crippler for the present and the future.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I'd nullify this trade and send LeVert back to Houston or Brooklyn for something else. If he's done we're stuck with his salary. And get nothing but cash and a couple of 2nds!??
You should listen to Pritchard's press conference on pacers.com. clicking on the tweet should take you there. I think you can be confident that that the fact that they didn't void the trade means the medical opinions are positive.

I heard what he said and there is still no way in hell I'd take the Player with this issue, and what are we getting out of this? We "Gift" Victor to Houston and get a broken player who may never play again, and 2 2nds and $2.6 million in cash. We also get the obligation to pay LeHurt $52 million.

I'm sorry I hope the Kid is ok and I hope he can play again, but if I'm the Pacers brass I'm not taking the risk for 2nds and a paltry $2.6 million and giving up Victor. I'd rather have sent him to Miami for Olynyk and Nunn and 2 2nds.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:23 pm

I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk? Here we are a small market team taking a guy who might never play again from Brooklyn and Houston, 2 big market teams and all we get is 2 2nds and $2.6 million and we owe LeVert nearly $50 million from this point on!!?? WTF? There's a word for this it starts with stupid.

Great we found a potentially life threatening issue I hope he's fine, but it's not our responsibility to eat his contract and take this risk and give up Victor for 2 freaking 2nd round picks. Bush league stupidity!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:38 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk? Here we are a small market team taking a guy who might never play again from Brooklyn and Houston, 2 big market teams and all we get is 2 2nds and $2.6 million and we owe LeVert nearly $50 million from this point on!!?? WTF? There's a word for this it starts with stupid.

Great we found a potentially life threatening issue I hope he's fine, but it's not our responsibility to eat his contract and take this risk and give up Victor for 2 freaking 2nd round picks. Bush league stupidity!

Because Levert might be back in 2 weeks. You're overthinking this. It's very possible that more than one of the people reading this forum have the same or similar issue and never know about it, nor have it affect their lives. Not every lump is cancerous. Nor does it affect life in other meaningful ways. Would have to assume they checked lymph nodes as part of a deeper screening after the initial finding and found no "spread" of anything to indicate it's later stage cancer or anything of the sort. We just saw Rigoberto with the Colts come back a couple weeks after surgery for testicular cancer. I would image we hear that Levert has surgery to have the lump removed and biopsied, and that he really will be back playing sometime in February.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#17 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:51 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk

What risk? You haven't talked to the doctors so you really can't know what the risk is. Now, I'm not a Doctor and I'm not going to play one here. I'm just willing to assume, until the facts come out, that the medical condition is not so serious that going ahead was dumb. Give it some time.

Sent from my phone.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#18 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk? Here we are a small market team taking a guy who might never play again from Brooklyn and Houston, 2 big market teams and all we get is 2 2nds and $2.6 million and we owe LeVert nearly $50 million from this point on!!?? WTF? There's a word for this it starts with stupid.

Because Levert might be back in 2 weeks. You're overthinking this. It's very possible that more than one of the people reading this forum have the same or similar issue and never know about it, nor have it affect their lives. Not every lump is cancerous. Nor does it affect life in other meaningful ways. Would have to assume they checked lymph nodes as part of a deeper screening after the initial finding and found no "spread" of anything to indicate it's later stage cancer or anything of the sort. We just saw Rigoberto with the Colts come back a couple weeks after surgery for testicular cancer. I would image we hear that Levert has surgery to have the lump removed and biopsied, and that he really will be back playing sometime in February.

If he comes back in two week and is fine that's great, that is spectacular, KP should run right out and buy a Powerball ticket!

The risk for this team is unacceptable and smacks of a chump being taken advantage of. In my business dealings in my life I've played hard ball. My best interest are always #1. Why don't we just trade for Chris Bosh now!?

The difference between this and the colts punter is that they didn't just make a trade to acquire him and owe him $50 million.

Now one what if? IF he can't play, do the Pacers get the league insurance and can take him off the cap?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#19 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:02 pm

The difference between this and the colts punter is that they didn't just make a trade to acquire him and owe him $50 million.

The difference between this and the punter is that we know how it turned out. The only thing we know for sure here is that he has two kidneys.

Sent from my phone.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Wizop wrote:

The difference between this and the punter is that we know how it turned out. The only thing we know for sure here is that he has two kidneys.

Sent from my phone.

Believe me I hope he's ok and can continue to play. But you don't trade for a guy then find out he is injured or has an issue like this and then just go, "Ok we'll take him anyhow for a 2nd and lunch money."

Return to Indiana Pacers