Post#321 » by Doug_12 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 10:31 pm

I also go with the center. I hope Dieng will be bought out and will sign w/ us
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Final need- trade deadline crystal ball 

Post#322 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:35 am

We need another long C, and we need another consistent all around 3...

I really don't know who will be available but I'm intrigued by bringing Ariza back... Although I'm worried the fit isn't right at this stage of his career.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#323 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:46 am

Trez for seth and dwight
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#324 » by krikor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 am

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#325 » by stan francisco » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:08 am

Getting THT traded anywhere is not going to be a popular idea around here. Whom else might you want to pair McKinnie with? Kuz stays.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#326 » by BEazy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:42 am

Why would Cavs trade for McKinnie when they traded him to us? lol. I highly doubt Allen is leaving, and I see McGee as the odd man out for C minutes with the Cavs.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#327 » by Spens1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:36 am

I'd look to get Allen but i'd rather we look to trade Kuzma for Allen and maybe another role player or filler.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#328 » by BEazy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 am

If we somehow get Allen for Kuz, I'll crown Rob Pelinka the GOAT.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#329 » by Doug_12 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:44 am

If we trade Kuz for Allen - which the Cavs wouldn't do IMO - then we will have no replacement for Lebron. McKinnie is good for garbage time, but not for close games or for the Playoffs.

As Gasol seems to be fitting in well, we only need a C for like 15 mins, who can cover 7 footers and provides rim protection. Against the vast majority of the teams you don't even need this guy as Gasol and Davis are enough. I think Pelinka's view is that we can get this in the boyout market.

There are some centers out there who can do this and who I can see falling to us (McGee, Dieng or Whiteside for example). So there is no need for a trade. If no one will we manage to get, Dedmon or Mahinmi is still available. For the above defined role both are okay.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#330 » by Slava » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:09 pm

Why would you trade any value for a center who won't play in the decisive minutes of the playoffs? Just go back and look at the time McGee and Howard got as the playoffs progressed last season. AD will end up playing the 5 and LeBron will play the 4, you just need someone to mop up the minutes in the regular season and Gasol/Harrell are perfectly capable of that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#331 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:25 pm

We could sure use the center you describe, Doug. I agree with Slava that Kuzma is too big a price to pay for somebody less needed than Kuzma.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#332 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Some good input/info for the upcoming trade deadline

Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#333 » by lazybatman » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:36 am

loveshaq786 wrote:Trez for seth and dwight
76ers have no incentive to make that trade with Embiid, Ben and Harris already there for size. I don't think they even give us Curry for Trez straight up because of the fit. Not throwing shade at Trez at all here, just saying he has no place on their roster.

I thought of Trez + Schroeder + salary fillers for Ben Simmons + Curry.

76ers FO / Morey wants to get rid of Simmons contract pretty bad cos of the 3 pt shooting factor. This gives them a fair trade and 2 6th men of the year candidates who should fit really well(Schroeder starting PG who gives Embiid space inside & Trèz as a bench scorer) IMO.

We get Ben - All NBA level 1-5 position defender and elite play maker and ball handler + Seth Curry - 44% career 3 pt shooter(this year 50% 3FG, 52.7% FG)

I like both Schroeder & Trez a lot but Ben Simmons is a 24 year old 6'11' Spurs Kawhi level defender with insane athleticism. I'd rather have him as the only non shooter on the team than any other player in the NBA.

And Schroeder's currently @ 42.7% FG & 30.6% 3FG, so don't really feel that great of a loss anyway. Think Ben's playmaking and speed on the break and Curry's shooting can make up for the combined PPG of Trèz and Schroeder, while simultaneously improve our offensive flow.

Curry's tenacious on defense, but not Schroeder level. Schroeder's energy and technique have been a pleasant surprise on the defensive side. Seeing how Wes is slowly being sidelined, I'd call the Pacers for Justin Holiday for Kuz / Wes + filler to really add some reliable quality on perimeter D next to Caruso for some of the playoff series.

Finally, get a buyout / free agent Center like Drummond, Whiteside, Noel, Dedmon as Gasol's insurance policy, although I can't see anyone but Drummond getting any real minutes in the playoffs, specially if we get Ben Simmons.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,284

Post#334 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:52 pm

lazybatman wrote:
76ers have no incentive to make that trade with Embiid, Ben and Harris already there for size. I don't think they even give us Curry for Trez straight up because of the fit. Not throwing shade at Trez at all here, just saying he has no place on their roster.

76ers FO / Morey wants to get rid of Simmons contract pretty bad cos of the 3 pt shooting factor. This gives them a fair trade and 2 6th men of the year candidates who should fit really well(Schroeder starting PG who gives Embiid space inside & Trèz as a bench scorer) IMO.

We get Ben - All NBA level 1-5 position defender and elite play maker and ball handler + Seth Curry - 44% career 3 pt shooter(this year 50% 3FG, 52.7% FG)

I like both Schroeder & Trez a lot but Ben Simmons is a 24 year old 6'11' Spurs Kawhi level defender with insane athleticism. I'd rather have him as the only non shooter on the team than any other player in the NBA.

And Schroeder's currently @ 42.7% FG & 30.6% 3FG, so don't really feel that great of a loss anyway. Think Ben's playmaking and speed on the break and Curry's shooting can make up for the combined PPG of Trèz and Schroeder, while simultaneously improve our offensive flow.

Curry's tenacious on defense, but not Schroeder level. Schroeder's energy and technique have been a pleasant surprise on the defensive side. Seeing how Wes is slowly being sidelined, I'd call the Pacers for Justin Holiday for Kuz / Wes + filler to really add some reliable quality on perimeter D next to Caruso for some of the playoff series.

Finally, get a buyout / free agent Center like Drummond, Whiteside, Noel, Dedmon as Gasol's insurance policy, although I can't see anyone but Drummond getting any real minutes in the playoffs, specially if we get Ben Simmons.

Getting Simmons and Curry would make sense for the Lakers but I can see Morey asking for more than Trez and Schroder esp if they lose a great shooter like Curry bec Darryl loves shooters/floor spacers.
What if he ask for THT, KCP AND Caruso, NO EXCEPTIONS, would you do it?
Schroder doesn't look good on offense currently bec Lebron has been doing extra heavy lifting, dominating the ball for shots and ball distributing IMO.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#335 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:57 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Need a big defensive wing

I really wanted Batum

Batum looks good and can help but Lebron is a big wing who plays 38 mins/game. AD took the challenge of defending Butler in the finals, yes, it took a lot out of him but the guy is a defensive freak who can cover 4 positions. Game 1 vs the Clips, he also guarded Kawhi and was pretty good at it.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#336 » by stan francisco » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:49 pm

I think we’re doing a trade for Bradley Beal.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#337 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:59 pm

stan francisco wrote:I think we’re doing a trade for Bradley Beal.

I think Wizards GM would be fired if they agree to anything the Lakers has to offer.
Denver, Portland, Sixers ETC can offer multiple first rounders AND good young players.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#338 » by lazybatman » Wed Feb 3, 2021 7:49 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

Getting Simmons and Curry would make sense for the Lakers but I can see Morey asking for more than Trez and Schroder esp if they lose a great shooter like Curry bec Darryl loves shooters/floor spacers.
What if he ask for THT, KCP AND Caruso, NO EXCEPTIONS, would you do it?
Schroder doesn't look good on offense currently bec Lebron has been doing extra heavy lifting, dominating the ball for shots and ball distributing IMO.
Nah.. No way. No more than salary fillers after Trez & Schroeder. Not a good deal for us. Personally, I won't do Ben for Caruso + THT straight up. Have too much faith in those guys.

This is a good enough player package for Simmons, who is kinda been sidelined in his role this season - PPG & Usg% down. Their other options would most likely be worse than this, or he would've already been dealt by now. In context, Houston only got an injury plagued Oladipo + picks for Harden, who is obviously in a different class than Ben right now.

Ben's a Klutch guy and Morey isn't trigger shy on trades, so it'll happen if we propose the deal.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#339 » by stan francisco » Wed Feb 3, 2021 10:35 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:I think we’re doing a trade for Bradley Beal.

I think Wizards GM would be fired if they agree to anything the Lakers has to offer.
Denver, Portland, Sixers ETC can offer multiple first rounders AND good young players.

Who said I thought it was a two-team trade?

Pelinka is not blind to the fact that Simmons can’t shoot. Done, he’s not going to be a Laker, just like Lonzo isn’t. Rob likes complete players.

There are lots of teams with season ending or long term injuries to key players now. Enough to force a few GMs to adjust course.

Question, and hypothetically speaking: if you were B Beal and you had secret plans to team up with Bron and AD right now, (or Denver or Portland) what would you say if reporters asked you if you wanted yo get traded from DC, the other day? Probably word for word what he said.

I think he’s moving from DC and I think we’re jockeying for position.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#340 » by SashAlex » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:37 pm

Biggest issue is rim protection. We are allowing to many easy baskets inside. We need a big athletic body down there most of all.

At least, I'd try and address this thing.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers