ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#41 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Openheimer wrote:Wait for buyout market.

absolutely. I'd keep my fingers crossed that maybe someone better is out there who gets waxed by the team for financial reasons, and then we see who we can get that way.

I just don't think we need to go out and sign right away. Let's see what we got with DJ/Perry/Claxton and some small ball with Green playing some center minutes.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#42 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Stone wrote:Chap for the win.......... :nod:

The game against the Kings, down 25 to start the forth. It was RHJ's defensive effort that was the difference.

F man. I really, really miss that team and that year. What a feel good season it was. My son started watching games with me that season too. He's about to turn 7 next week but still asks about D'Angelo Russell regularly, and if he'll ever come back to the Nets.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#43 » by Openheimer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Openheimer wrote:Wait for buyout market.

absolutely. I'd keep my fingers crossed that maybe someone better is out there who gets waxed by the team for financial reasons, and then we see who we can get that way.

I just don't think we need to go out and sign right away. Let's see what we got with DJ/Perry/Claxton and some small ball with Green playing some center minutes.

McGee and Ariza will be candidates. Two very good defenders. One is a big man who can be a rim protector and the other (Ariza) is a hell of a versatile defender with a good three point shot. Ariza played with Harden for years in Houston and is close with him and McGee played with Durant in Golden state
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#44 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:01 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie for Kelly Oubre Jr

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#45 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Mcgee looks like a good bet to be bought out. Wouldn't mind adding him either.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#46 » by Openheimer » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:33 am

Marks has Dimwiddies injury exception so ..
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#47 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Paradise wrote:
N Ireland Nets wrote:What about someone like Hassan Whiteside? Just a random thought.

He’s making entirely too much in Sacramento.

He’s actually on a vet min deal.

We could acquire him through the veterans exception without having to send back a player or use our MLE/DPE.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#48 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:50 pm

Still haven’t signed anybody yet wow
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#49 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:55 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Still haven’t signed anybody yet wow

Patience, Young grasshopper.

I trust that Marks is lining up cattle call workouts now. We could use a multi-tool, two way stretch C the most, but I don't see a great candidate in the waiver wire. Beyond that, a true, true stopper at the 3/4 would be nice, someone to cool off a superstar's hot streak. And then, we have a ton of guards, but another guy who's completely comfortable running an offense, efficient with his court vision, would be cool.

Whomever is the most hungry will get the nod. I would try to go with 10-day or non-guaranteed deals, in case a difference maker like Aldridge suddenly comes available at the playoff roster deadline.

Sean also likes to keep a roster spot open, to give the G League guys something to shoot for, a pathway forward.

I am confident that we have enough guys hungry for PT to survive, while we decide how best to flesh out the squad.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#50 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 am

I would look to sign a center, a 4/5 option (Ilyasova seems ideal), and leave the 3rd roster spot open for Trevor Ariza buyout or another buyout candidate later. For centers, I'd take a look at Dedmon, and give him a try, see if he can get back to the player he was in 2018-19 season. If he can, then he's a perfect fit for us.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,837

Post#51 » by Karate Diop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 am

I don't know if we can get a quality stretch big with the limited resources we have, so I would instead look for an energy defense first one to help shore up the C position. Scoring points won't be a problem for this team and if everyone is healthy KD will get the bulk of the minutes at the 4... Other than that another wing defender would be ideal, although I'd lean towards a younger player with more spring in their game (because I again feel like the second unit needs an energizer type player)...
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#52 » by StepBackCrack » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:10 am

Wish they get Dedmon.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#53 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 am

I think the Nets stole one in the draft with Reggie Perry. While more of a PF, IMO he's big and strong enough to start at Center for now, then we can reevaluate the situation when Claxton gets healthy.

Right now my starting five would be:

C Reggie Perry/DeAndre Jordan
PF Kevin Durant
SF Joe Harris
SG James Harden
PG Kyrie Irving
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#54 » by StepBackCrack » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:30 am

Yes. Perry needs to split minutes with DJ at the very least if not play more minutes. That's until Clax gets healthy.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#55 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:56 am

StepBackCrack wrote:
Yes. Perry needs to split minutes with DJ at the very least if not play more minutes. That's until Clax gets healthy.
Yep, right now Reggie is already playing like an NBA player, at a fairly high level, and just like Jarrett Allen he's only gonna get better with the more minutes he receives. With the other four players he's on the court with (if he starts), he won't even sniff a double team. So the success should continue, or increase, which breeds confidence. Bottom line: I think we all know he was a draft day steal. NOW is the time to take advantage of it.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#56 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Ariza hasn't played in forever. Are we sure he will even be in the right conditioning for a playoff run?
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#57 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:11 pm

We need an athletic center that can guard the quicker bigs but can also hold his own on the bigger centers. A guy that can switch out on the perimeter, someone that can play 15-20. IDK who that guy can be. And we still need that defensive wing guy. I like Ariza as a veteran but we need a young guy with bounce in his step.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#58 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Ariza hasn't played in forever. Are we sure he will even be in the right conditioning for a playoff run?
He's on an NBA roster so you'd hope that he has been keeping himself in shape or ready for a move (he hasn't been practicing with OKC, think of it like the Iggy/Grizzlies situation).
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#59 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:39 pm

Papi_swav wrote:We need an athletic center that can guard the quicker bigs but can also hold his own on the bigger centers. A guy that can switch out on the perimeter, someone that can play 15-20. IDK who that guy can be. And we still need that defensive wing guy. I like Ariza as a veteran but we need a young guy with bounce in his step.

Jeff Green and TLC will probably be our main wing defenders along with KD.

Adding Ariza to the mix should be enough assuming hes available.

Backup C is a concern. You would think Claxton would be the perfect fit for that role and Reggie Perry is looking great so far.

If neither of them than I think Dedmon or Mcgee could be easy pickups.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#60 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Why the obsession with McGee? Dude is straight garbage. Bad on both sides of the ball. No thanks.

Return to Brooklyn Nets