What grade do you give the Nets for acquiring James Harden?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Nets for acquiring James Harden? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: What grade do you give the Nets for acquiring James Harden? 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 am

It deserves an A.

They just created a dynasty that could win 3+ championships in a row. All they need is for Kyrie to stop being Kanye.
DrewStansen
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by DrewStansen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 am

F. Is the plan to turn Kevin Durango to a 3rd option/3&D player? Cause someone is going to have to stop Harden’s man, Kyrie’s man....

I would have sent him to play in China......
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Knickstape7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 pm

A++ this team is deff going to win at least 2 chips with harden and if they didnt get harden they probably wouldnt have won 1 and they kept joe harris, jordan, and dinwoodie smh how isnt it a A? because they lost 3 #25 picks or later lmaoooo
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 pm

F

Houston owns the Nets for the next 7 years in a row. That's a long time to have no first round picks. If this doesn't work out, Nets will be in hell for at least 7 years. They definitely over paid, once again right at time when the nets looked great, even without their super stars. It's like not re-signing Russel and blowing up the team all over again.

Their defense definitely took a hit along with their depth and that lack of depth is going to be an issue for a while. They will have formidable offense, but their defense will get a lot worse and thus I'm not sold on championship and Kyrie looks like a bust who might not even come back. KD, Harden & Kyrie all thrive with the ball, how are they going to share?
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
_BALLDONTLIE
Sophomore
And1: 157

Post#6 » by _BALLDONTLIE » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Knickstape7 wrote:A++ this team is deff going to win at least 2 chips with harden and if they didnt get harden they probably wouldnt have won 1 and they kept joe harris, jordan, and dinwoodie smh how isnt it a A? because they lost 3 #25 picks or later lmaoooo

Joe Harris is really nice but Jordan's game fell of a cliff and Dinwiddie is out with a torn ACL.

KD, Kyrie and Harden can all opt out in 2022 or else they'll be FA's in 2023. Houston has Brooklyn's 2022, 2024 and 2026 first round picks as well as the option to swap in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027. Those 21-22-23 will most likely be low picks but after that they might be lottery selections.
halifax
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#7 » by halifax » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 am

Knickstape7 wrote:A++ this team is deff going to win at least 2 chips with harden and if they didnt get harden they probably wouldnt have won 1 and they kept joe harris, jordan, and dinwoodie smh how isnt it a A? because they lost 3 #25 picks or later lmaoooo

with durant missing every other game and kyrie shenanigans you don't win a championship that way. the depth is gone, the picks are gone, the previous lottery picked players are gone. no fans in the stands. all that for an asterisk championship.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#8 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:11 am

Barcs wrote:F

Houston owns the Nets for the next 7 years in a row. That's a long time to have no first round picks. If this doesn't work out, Nets will be in hell for at least 7 years. They definitely over paid, once again right at time when the nets looked great, even without their super stars. It's like not re-signing Russel and blowing up the team all over again.

Their defense definitely took a hit along with their depth and that lack of depth is going to be an issue for a while. They will have formidable offense, but their defense will get a lot worse and thus I'm not sold on championship and Kyrie looks like a bust who might not even come back. KD, Harden & Kyrie all thrive with the ball, how are they going to share?

Some of those years are pick swaps, so not like they'll go 7 years without a pick.
And I don't think the Rockets are going to be any good, so those pick swaps probably don't hurt too much.
It was a lot to give up in draft collateral, and their D looks crappy (adding Harden and removing Allen) but I give it a B. It's a hit for the fences.

My main worry for the Nets would not be around whether Kyrie can stop being Kanye (as someone earlier quipped). It would be whether Kyrie can stop being Kyrie for long enough to grab some gold.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#9 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:13 am

_BALLDONTLIE wrote:

Joe Harris is really nice but Jordan's game fell of a cliff and Dinwiddie is out with a torn ACL.

KD, Kyrie and Harden can all opt out in 2022 or else they'll be FA's in 2023. Houston has Brooklyn's 2022, 2024 and 2026 first round picks as well as the option to swap in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027. Those 21-22-23 will most likely be low picks but after that they might be lottery selections.

Yep. I get why they did it, but your points are fair. There is some potential disaster on the back end if the Nets fall off a cliff due to free agency or injury.
Since I think Houston will probably still be bad (I don't trust their ownership at all) it's the 2024 and 2026 picks that are really possible issues to my mind.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 526

Post#10 » by lonea » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm

can't create a dynasty with 3 selfish players.

GS only worked cause steph, klay and draymond aren't selfish players

IWishIWasHarden wrote:It deserves an A.

They just created a dynasty that could win 3+ championships in a row. All they need is for Kyrie to stop being Kanye.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#11 » by puja21 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:51 pm

:lol:
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#12 » by PerfectJab » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:18 pm

lonea wrote:can't create a dynasty with 3 selfish players.

GS only worked cause steph, klay and draymond aren't selfish players

I get it with Harden and with Kyrie to some degree based on his actions and absence from the team but aside from the fact that he can be a bit arrogant with the media, how is KD a selfish player?
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#13 » by niha17 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 am

F because this trade doesnt help them win. Their team was more complete before the trade not to mention the nets wont be able to draft a good player for 7 yrs. Reminds me of the KG boston trade and the knicks melo trade. And one more thing hardan kd and kyrie will more than likely will leave the nets in free agency because they dont have draft picks to build the team. Same old nets

Return to Polls Discussion