ImageImageImage

Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#281 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:14 pm

I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#282 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Arsenal wrote:I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.

You could be right. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on games I actually saw where he performed well. I just think he has more ability to score against a defense that is actually trying to focus on him. Shake may get there though, at the rate he's improving.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#283 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:26 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.

You could be right. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on games I actually saw where he performed well. I just think he has more ability to score against a defense that is actually trying to focus on him. Shake may get there though, at the rate he's improving.

Yeah I mean his skillet looks nice. It looks like he can do some things. But the resulting numbers are really bad. Meanwhile Shake’s best attribute is that he is super efficient. He’s so efficient that it means we aren’t using him nearly enough. He needs a lot more time and shots.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#284 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:07 am

I think true shooting percentage can be an overrated trait in judging someone's play. Especially in a case where scoring aggression is being held against someone. There's legitimate value in being relentless and putting pressure on opposing defenders and giving them no possessions off on that end of the floor. Which is exactly what LeVert does.

And if you take into account his entire game, he has a steal rate north of 2% for his career and a distributing rate north of 22% for his career. When combined with his shotcreating talent, it makes him an incredibly well-rounded player.

He's a career 20 point, 5 rebound, 6 assist guy in the postseason. Going against an elite Sixers defense one year and an elite Raptors defense another year. With that much pure impact, who cares about his true shooting percentage?
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#285 » by Arsenal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:28 am

Kobblehead wrote:

I think true shooting percentage can be an overrated trait in judging someone's play. Especially in a case where scoring aggression is being held against someone. There's legitimate value in being relentless and putting pressure on opposing defenders and giving them no possessions off on that end of the floor. Which is exactly what LeVert does.

And if you take into account his entire game, he has a steal rate north of 2% for his career and a distributing rate north of 22% for his career. When combined with his shotcreating talent, it makes him an incredibly well-rounded player.

He's a career 20 point, 5 rebound, 6 assist guy in the postseason. Going against an elite Sixers defense one year and an elite Raptors defense another year. With that much pure impact, who cares about his true shooting percentage?

I do and so does everyone else. You're not winning jack putting up that usage at .514. He needs to shoot less. Plenty of NBA players can "create" shots to the point where they end up with TS of .514. The issue is that teams don't let them because that's the recipe to be a tank commander, not a star who creates wins.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#286 » by blargh » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Levert to me has offensive skills that pop off the screen, so for him to shoot 51%TS means he’s taking a ton of shots he shouldn’t. Putting pressure on defenses is theoretical if you can’t make the right pass.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#287 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter

He’s really good at attacking the rim.

He’s really good at PnRs.

He’s really good spot up shooter.

He’s ISO skill is just as good as Aaron Mckie’s :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#288 » by Wilfried » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:19 am

Hello sir,

Are you starting to become the best contract in the NBA?
Btothenelly
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#289 » by Btothenelly » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:11 am

Wilfried wrote:Hello sir,

Are you starting to become the best contract in the NBA?

Another reason I can’t see Ben being here forever. I’d bet once this season is over you’d get close to the same trade value for shake as you would for Ben. I’m not a capologist, but Financially 76ers have to be looking ahead to when they have to sign Milton to a bigger contract.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#290 » by kuclas » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:50 pm

We should never include shake in an trade as a throw in. He’s just a natural scoring machine. Some guys just know how to score. And he’s on cheap contract. If we can only merge Shake natural offensive ability with Ben defense. We have a top 2 nba player on our team. Even better than Embiid.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#291 » by TTP » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:00 pm

The sky is the limit for this kid. We already knew he could shoot. He has great instincts as a scorer and lately he's been great at seeking out contact and getting to the line. His defense has taken steps forward as well.

I expect that he'll continue to get more and more responsibility until he's eventually our #2 offensive option. Honestly, he's efficient enough as a scorer that he could take away responsibility from Embiid and let him conserve energy for defense. I don't see why he can't be an All Star level player at some point in his career with his current trajectory.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#292 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#293 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#294 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Ive been high on shake for a while now. But it would be absolutely crazy if the 76ers had their Harden type player all this time and just never really knew it till now,
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#295 » by sixers4real » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:16 am

I truly believe Shake Milton can become CJ McCollum type of player with better defense. He is really good.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#296 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:34 am

Lowkey smart move by our team was showcasing Shamet and hiding Shake in the G-League when we had our shopping spree during the 2018-2019 season.

Pretty sure Clips would want Shake over Shamet if we didnt do that.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#297 » by zaz102 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:09 pm

76ciology wrote:Lowkey smart move by our team was showcasing Shamet and hiding Shake in the G-League when we had our shopping spree during the 2018-2019 season.

Pretty sure Clips would want Shake over Shamet if we didnt do that.
It obviously worked out, but I think it had more to do with their skill sets. Not sure Shake would've looked too great his first year as either as a primary ball handler or a spot up shooter. Whereas Shamet could still fit in pretty seamlessly even though he didn't have the other skills that Shake has.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,830

Post#298 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Shake was pretty bad in his first year. I don't think more time would have made him valuable. Shamet, on the other hand, was knocking down 3s at a pretty ridiculous clip.

I think the best thing to happen to Shake was spending the time he did with Jimmy. I'm sure that laid some of the foundation to make it in the league.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#299 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:32 am

Negrodamus wrote:Shake was pretty bad in his first year. I don't think more time would have made him valuable. Shamet, on the other hand, was knocking down 3s at a pretty ridiculous clip.

I think the best thing to happen to Shake was spending the time he did with Jimmy. I'm sure that laid some of the foundation to make it in the league.

You recall correctly Shake was pretty bad his first year then he got a chance to play and got injured. He showed flashes but nothing that would have made you say he is the better pick over Shamet. Yes hanging out with Jimmy might have helped some. Also when Coach Brown told him he was not good enough to be part of the upcoming playoff roster right before he had that game against the Clippers. Probably helped him some too. :D
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#300 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 pm

sixers4real wrote:I truly believe Shake Milton can become CJ McCollum type of player with better defense. He is really good.

If that's the case, then we don't need to make a trade of any big significance. I agree, Shake is 20+ ppg scorer at all three levels if given the opportunity. He's hot right now and I look for him to keep it going. He's the main reason why I don't want us to go making trades. We have our backcourt player and you add Seth and Max to the mix and it looks even better.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers