ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1481 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:14 pm

If the league stops for a few weeks everytime there is a Covid outbreak, they might as well just cancel the season. Such a stupid strategy.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#1482 » by InWestWeTrust » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Why would anyone with money pay attention to any protocols or lockdown rules?

So many people scream "follow the rules!" yet their actions make them look like hypocrites. Lots of rich and famous people especially. But also regular people & social media friends.

At this point, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I wish we went with the China lockdown method. Martial Law, can't leave for a month or 2, spray the streets with disinfectant. Wuhan is having dance parties every night now FFS.

You can't half ass being strict and that's exactly why we are at this point. Trump fudged up but probably couldn't do much as:
-He had no clue what to do and referred to people around him for advice
-His base would've exploded
-Anti-trumpers already thought he was fascist

Bunch of "what ifs" but my point is I could care less if Kyrie was at a fam party. It's just the timing. Him missing all these games for "personal reasons" is a bit concerning. Nash said we will hear from him though so who knows what's going on. Maybe he's working with Kanye on an album.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#1483 » by Hopper15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 am

Read on Twitter

This drama should be over soon.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#1484 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 am

Got to be hard to play for a piece of sh*t like Tilman Fertitta..Especially with everything that went down over the last 10 months
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1485 » by jason bourne » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am

wco81 wrote:There's been plenty of cases of birthday parties and simple family gatherings leading to a fairly big outbreak.

Even people who live in the same household, if several of them are repeatedly going out, going to churches, clubs, etc, they have a good chance of infecting other family members.

No. I couldn't forgive myself if I gave Covid-19 to another family member and they died. Family is when you have to be careful most of all. It seems work is where were more careful than anywhere else by law or whatever. It's should be about most being careful when with family.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1486 » by marthafokker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 am

Who needs Harden! Game so much better than ballhogging.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1487 » by marthafokker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:08 am

jason bourne wrote:
wco81 wrote:There's been plenty of cases of birthday parties and simple family gatherings leading to a fairly big outbreak.

Even people who live in the same household, if several of them are repeatedly going out, going to churches, clubs, etc, they have a good chance of infecting other family members.

No. I couldn't forgive myself if I gave Covid-19 to another family member and they died. Family is when you have to be careful most of all. It seems work is where were more careful than anywhere else by law or whatever. It's should be about most being careful when with family.

Problem is.... Government could not arrest people violating stay at home order, so they just shutdown and fine businesses. We know now those are crap Government mandates to pretend they are working.
TB wrote:
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1488 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:34 am

Andre’s running on empty
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1489 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Grizzlies have the best chemistry in the association...Now Morant’s back...currently My #2 LP option
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1490 » by Hopper15 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:41 pm

My first extended look at the Knickerbocker. Julius Randle actually playing under control now will be a problem. Quickley ready to take the league by storm. Fringe playoff team this season. I'm just worried that Thibs runs these kids into the ground playing them too many minutes. Lay off the gas pedal and let it happen dude.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1491 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Hopper15 wrote:My first extended look at the Knickerbocker. Julius Randle actually playing under control now will be a problem. Quickley ready to take the league by storm. Fringe playoff team this season. I'm just worried that Thibs runs these kids into the ground playing them too many minutes. Lay off the gas pedal and let it happen dude.
Knickerbocker looked awful this past week..this morning they refound their mojo..
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1492 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:01 am

Speaking of the Knicks. We will see if they are for real in person, or GSW as a team above/below this team as of now.
TB wrote:
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1493 » by tarantism » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:03 am

marthafokker wrote:Speaking of the Knicks. We will see if they are for real in person, or GSW as a team above/below this team as of now.
The Warriors are better

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1494 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:29 am

Hopper15 wrote:My first extended look at the Knickerbocker. Julius Randle actually playing under control now will be a problem. Quickley ready to take the league by storm. Fringe playoff team this season. I'm just worried that Thibs runs these kids into the ground playing them too many minutes. Lay off the gas pedal and let it happen dude.

Knicks fans have been riding the RJ Barrett love/hate roller coaster so far this season. Some are being patient, but a lot are calling him a low end potential bust. I have to admit, he looks like just an average sort of starter really, in the Harry Barnes mold. Hard to fathom he's still 20 yrs old, because he looks 35.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1495 » by Hopper15 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 am

Coxy wrote:

Knicks fans have been riding the RJ Barrett love/hate roller coaster so far this season. Some are being patient, but a lot are calling him a low end potential bust. I have to admit, he looks like just an average sort of starter really, in the Harry Barnes mold. Hard to fathom he's still 20 yrs old, because he looks 35.

I didn't really care for Barrett as a top prospect when I saw him at Duke. But like you said, he's still young and still has a chance. But I wouldn't be all in on him at this point.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1496 » by tarantism » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Well, it sounds like Cleveland will either trade or waive Kevin Porter Jr.

Perhaps a change of scenery and a more stable organization would suit him. He's certainly a talented player, and young. He showed flashes with Cleveland last year. Clearly he has some mental health stuff to work out, but he was getting ready to rejoin Cleveland so he's probably ready to play.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1497 » by Little Digger » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Aaron Gordon is really bad at basketball

I heard he’s a Great dunker though
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1498 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 pm

Little Digger wrote:Aaron Gordon is really bad at basketball

He was talked about before Myers got Oubre?

Don't say neither.... Which would you rather have? Oubre or Gordon?
TB wrote:
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#1499 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

marthafokker wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Aaron Gordon is really bad at basketball

He was talked about before Myers got Oubre?

Don't say neither.... Which would you rather have? Oubre or Gordon?

I would take Gordon over Oubre and he only has 1 extra year on his contract.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1500 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm

Spurs.... My scrub team of 2021. Bunch of has been and no names. Dang, how many playoff teams are they beating?
TB wrote:

Return to Golden State Warriors