More losses coming up...

This makes no sense... he's already had COVID
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Slim Reaper - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#462 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:39 am

If Kevin is part of the tracing, shouldn't the whole team be held back?

He can get covid again, he may not get any symptoms but still carry the virus... if infected of course
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#463 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:45 am

Just one thing after the other
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#464 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:45 am

CalamityX12 wrote:If Kevin is part of the tracing, shouldn't the whole team be held back?

He can get covid again, he may not get any symptoms but still carry the virus... if infected of course

This is the part that I have questions about. Less than 24 hours ago Durant was playing in a game. Technically, based on contract tracing both the Nets and Wizards should all be under quarantine.

I'm not mad at the NBA for holding him out if he came into contact with a Covid-19 spreader. I'm just wondering about the logic here. In reality, our next 4 games should be postponed based on yesterday alone.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#465 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:49 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

More losses coming up...

This makes no sense... he's already had COVID

There's no evidence that says that someone who already was infected cannot get it again. The NBA is right to hold him out.

However, he just played in a game yesterday and has been around the entire team and coaching staff. Now the chances of Durant being positive again for Covid are probably slim since it was stated that he is still showing that he has antibodies in his system for it. But what about everyone else? Assuming by the chance that he got reinfected by being around someone who was sick, the NBA should be locking down the Nets and the Wizards right now.

i dunno. weird.

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#466 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:05 am

Maybe he was in contact with someone after the game who is suspected of having COVID? Otherwise, yeah, both teams should be quarantined since he was in contact with both of them, no?

Anyway, I think it's a blessing in disguise ultimately...we've been playing him (and Kyrie for that matter) too many minutes anyway since our bench has been so bad. Let him sit out a bit. We should be able to win games without him.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#467 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:27 am

therealbig3 wrote:Maybe he was in contact with someone after the game who is suspected of having COVID? Otherwise, yeah, both teams should be quarantined since he was in contact with both of them, no?

Anyway, I think it's a blessing in disguise ultimately...we've been playing him (and Kyrie for that matter) too many minutes anyway since our bench has been so bad. Let him sit out a bit. We should be able to win games without him.

If the contact occurred afterwards then yea makes sense.

We can't even win games with him lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#468 » by gigantes » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:01 am

CalamityX12 wrote:If Kevin is part of the tracing, shouldn't the whole team be held back?

Yeah, there are dozens of strains of CV19 at this point, so someone could theoretically get it several times and each time be a fresh infection risk to others while they were fighting off a reinfection.

Someone also mentioned antibodies, but from what I understand, the key is not antibodies, but immunological memory. If you have the memory, you can produce new antibodies when needed.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#469 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:58 am

Sigh I'm really over this CV19 thing man. Can't wait for the world to go back to "normal" .
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#470 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:57 am

Papi_swav wrote:Sigh I'm really over this CV19 thing man. Can't wait for the world to go back to "normal" .

Wait til the fresh surge of new cases and deaths start to spike around the country due to people traveling and having gatherings on Christmas and New Years.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#471 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:31 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Maybe he was in contact with someone after the game who is suspected of having COVID? Otherwise, yeah, both teams should be quarantined since he was in contact with both of them, no?

yeah i posted something similar in the other thread. We still have Kyrie who honestly has been even better then KD and getting it done on both ends of the floor. We have enough to win if the bench guys play like they are capable of. Caris especially needs to be at least what he was pre-bubble if not in the bubble.

What is garrett temple up to these days. i think we miss what he brought too. I'd give him and shumpert a call. Jamal crawford as well is worth kicking the tires on
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Slim Reaper - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#472 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:

yeah i posted something similar in the other thread. We still have Kyrie who honestly has been even better then KD and getting it done on both ends of the floor. We have enough to win if the bench guys play like they are capable of. Caris especially needs to be at least what he was pre-bubble if not in the bubble.

What is garrett temple up to these days. i think we miss what he brought too. I'd give him and shumpert a call. Jamal crawford as well is worth kicking the tires on

Garrett Temple is on the Bulls and Shumpert, I believe has pursued rap music full time.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#473 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:44 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Garrett Temple is on the Bulls and Shumpert, [b]I believe has pursued rap music full time[/b].

Lol... this reminds me of the movie "major league" when they are trying to put the roster together:

"... i think this guy right here is dead."
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#474 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Garrett Temple is on the Bulls and Shumpert, [b]I believe has pursued rap music full time[/b].

Lol... this reminds me of the movie "major league" when they are trying to put the roster together:

:lol: I remember that. Hilarious

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#475 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:Garrett Temple is on the Bulls and Shumpert, [b]I believe has pursued rap music full time[/b].

:lol: I remember that. Hilarious

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Slim Reaper - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#476 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 pm

The Reaper is posting career highs through 10+ games.

55% FG / 48% 3PT / 88% FT / 68% TS% career high

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#477 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Paradise wrote:The Reaper is posting career highs through 10+ games.

55% FG / 48% 3PT / 88% FT / 68% TS% career high

Read on Twitter

Remember all of that talk on the GB about KD being done? LOL.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#478 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:27 pm

KD looks like KD, and has done so since the first game he's been back. I dont even think the greatest optimist would have foreseen this.

Keep well KD as our title hopes depend on his health, if KD is playing at this level come playoffs I think we'd be favoured in a series against anybody.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#479 » by Khashbaatar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#480 » by OneZilion » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:09 pm

Return to Brooklyn Nets