ImageImageImage

Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#221 » by Sixersftw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm so glad the players recognize what utter bull this is.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#222 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:20 pm

76ciology wrote:I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.

I don’t think they are going to see many casualties, but I think they have pressure not to actively spread the virus all over the country, so I see why they have to have strict quarantining requirements. In addition, most players are going to go home, and in some cases to elderly family members. So all the major sports are enforcing basic common sense measures to keep the spread to a minimum.

I don’t think they are using basic commonsense logic when deciding which games to cancel.

Major League Baseball made horrible mistakes back in July. The NFL had a team play without a quarterback, which is worse than the Sixers only having one ballhandler. In American football, it’s not recommended to play more than one game in seven days, but they had Pittsburgh play three games in 12 days. The NBA forced the Sixers to play with seven, and I believe three or four of which had never played competitive NBA minutes. It’s a pandemic, they don’t have to stick to the original schedule in some of these very poor decisions. They can just extend the season by a week or two. Ultimately, all of the sports policies have been similar I think.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#223 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.

I don’t think they are going to see many casualties, but I think they have pressure not to actively spread the virus all over the country, so I see why they have to have strict quarantining requirements. In addition, most players are going to go home, and in some cases to elderly family members. So all the major sports are enforcing basic common sense measures to keep the spread to a minimum.

I don’t think they are using basic commonsense logic when deciding which games to cancel.

Major League Baseball made horrible mistakes back in July. The NFL had a team play without a quarterback, which is worse than the Sixers only having one ballhandler. In American football, it’s not recommended to play more than one game in seven days, but they had Pittsburgh play three games in 12 days. The NBA forced the Sixers to play with seven, and I believe three or four of which had never played competitive NBA minutes. It’s a pandemic, they don’t have to stick to the original schedule in some of these very poor decisions. They can just extend the season by a week or two. Ultimately, all of the sports policies have been similar I think.

How do they deal during the important part of the season, like in the playoffs? Do they force teams to play despite with the handicap in number of players on the bench?

I’d guess they’re going to treat it like some injury and continue with it. But that’s going to ruin it for me, being a basketball fan first over anything.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#224 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am

Is the quarantine days for Tobias, Shake and Matisse already over by tomorrow's game? Can they play?
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#225 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:Is the quarantine days for Tobias, Shake and Matisse already over by tomorrow's game? Can they play?

All 3 were participates in the shootaround today, so we should expect for them to play tonight.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#226 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:10 am

Seth should be good to go Wednesday vs Boston, correct?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#227 » by phillynative » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:46 pm

When is Seth due to return?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#228 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm

Perfect youtube for this thread

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#229 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:43 pm

When will our team return in Philly? Are they still prisoners in OK city?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#230 » by GutUNC » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:47 pm

kriss73 wrote:When will our team return in Philly? Are they still prisoners in OK city?

Clark reported a few hours ago they were on their way back with no new positives.
GDTBATH
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,021

Post#231 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:51 pm

76ciology wrote:Perfect youtube for this thread

Really long, do you have some highlights about what he mentions?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#232 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:Perfect youtube for this thread

Really long, do you have some highlights about what he mentions?

Im just at the 30th minute mark.

They covered multiple topics. Like the Harden deal, thybulle’s comparison to him, and the covid incident.

Thybulle sounds happy that he got to play with Green, who he thinks what he projects to become.

They talked about what George Hill said. He said something like he will do whatever he wants because he’s a grown man. If the situation is REALLY bad, then the league wouldnt allow them to play.

Then regarding the team and being infected with covid. I dont think anyone got sick, and they’re likely to have antibodies. Then he said new york is just a “sh*tshow” for covid so when they got stucked there for contact tracing, everyone wants to go back to Philly another reason was because they had an upcoming game. This kind of explains the sentiment they had back in NY, so Ben decided to go back to Philly.

Personally, i think this is just a phase. Eventually every player will have their antibodies that the league would stop getting paused for covid
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#233 » by sixers4real » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:30 am

Are we playing full roster Thursday against Boston? Is Curry back? With a W we will be atop East.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#234 » by sixers4real » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers