ImageImage

Around the NBA 11

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,154

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#481 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:Three extremely ball dominant players is usually not a recipe for success. Kyrie and Harden are also both selfish one-way players with bad attitudes. I'm not quite so bullish on them. I think Boston, Milwaukee and Philly can take them.

Ball Dominant does not really feel like the word for them. They are all top 15 players, so yes they usually have the ball in their hands if you put them on random teams. However, all three are really good shooters and creators and I would expect the quality of looks they generate for one another is going to be crazy. Add in Joe Harris and who are you going to leave to double?

Even with LeBron and Wade, neither were knockdown shooters so teams could sag off a bit. Not sure you can help off Irving, Harden or KD.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#482 » by predators » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 am

JMAC3 wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:Three extremely ball dominant players is usually not a recipe for success. Kyrie and Harden are also both selfish one-way players with bad attitudes. I'm not quite so bullish on them. I think Boston, Milwaukee and Philly can take them.

Ball Dominant does not really feel like the word for them. They are all top 15 players, so yes they usually have the ball in their hands if you put them on random teams. However, all three are really good shooters and creators and I would expect the quality of looks they generate for one another is going to be crazy. Add in Joe Harris and who are you going to leave to double?

Even with LeBron and Wade, neither were knockdown shooters so teams could sag off a bit. Not sure you can help off Irving, Harden or KD.

I don’t think the trade was that really dumb. KD is 32 and coming of a big injury so I think their window was kind of short either way. If you don’t go all in as franchise now when do you?

That being said even if Kyrie’a head is 100% in the game and both he/KD are healthy for the playoffs.(Both big ifs), I’m not 100% sure they make it out of the East and I’d probably pick the Lakers/Clippers in a 7 game. Like how is a lineup of Kyrie, Harden and corpse of DeAndre Jordan suppose to guard anyone when it matters.

I think they’ll be spectacularly good or bad come play off time.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#483 » by BlackOutBuzz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Tale as old as time. Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#484 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:Tale as old as time. Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reason 196 I hate Ainge.
Big Board
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#485 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:Tale as old as time.

Ainge was also asked to head the second impeachment of Trump as well but he didn't like Jan 16th as the day so he declined.

He was also asked to star in Tiger King but they dressing room they had for him wasn't big enough so he passed.

Justin Bieber asked him to duet on "Holy" but Ainge didn't like the octave of the song so it was passed to Chance the Rapper.

He actually invented Tik Tok but wanted to call it Dan Dok and backed out because of naming conflict.

Spoiler:
what a massive dick
B B M F 'ers
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#486 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

He was probably offering Kemba and a bunch of garbage for Harden.

I really think the Celtics are rather average this year, unless they make a trade to switch things up I do not see them getting past second round.
Big Board
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#487 » by euphorbus » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:55 am

With nearly the entire roster of the Washington Wizards either in isolation or quarantine, it seems like it's only a matter of time before the virus hits Charlotte, too, unless play is suspended before we reach that point. Ironically, Malik Monk will be one of the players available, because he already had it--if there are enough healthy players to actually field a team.

The Hornets are scheduled to play Washington next Wednesday, after Charlotte gets a few days off. If the game is postponed, they will have had a much-needed break of six days.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#488 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 pm

euphorbus wrote:With nearly the entire roster of the Washington Wizards either in isolation or quarantine, it seems like it's only a matter of time before the virus hits Charlotte, too, unless play is suspended before we reach that point. Ironically, Malik Monk will be one of the players available, because he already had it--if there are enough healthy players to actually field a team.

The Hornets are scheduled to play Washington next Wednesday, after Charlotte gets a few days off. If the game is postponed, they will have had a much-needed break of six days.

Having the virus once doesn’t create an immunity to it.

Monk it just as susceptible to contract it again.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#489 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:56 pm

After the year he had in 2020 and heartbreak he had to endure at the hands of COVID, for KAT to now test positive it just seems cruel.

I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.
B B M F 'ers
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#490 » by euphorbus » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:03 pm

BigSlam wrote:Having the virus once doesn’t create an immunity to it.

It's possible, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, but cases of reinfection are rare:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/health/coronavirus-reinfections-what-we-know-wellness/index.html

Scientists are learning more every month:

https://www.wowktv.com/news/u-s-world/studies-find-having-covid-19-may-protect-against-reinfection/

I would like to see some of the NBA stars, like Lebron and Kawhi, get vaccinated publicly. It would be a good public service.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#491 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm

My guess is the Raptors are kicking themselves they did not sign Boucher to a longer deal. They gave him a 2/13.5 this summer and he is leading the NBA in WS/48. 2nd in PER. 2nd in blk %. Leading in True Shooting%.

Imagine where they would be right now, if he had not broken out.
Big Board
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#492 » by BigSlam » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Anyone else suffer through the Knicks Vs Magic and now the Hawks Vs Wolves?

A couple of absolute stinkers!!

The skills and gameplay is at prime Lolcats levels.
B B M F 'ers
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#493 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 pm

BigSlam wrote:Anyone else suffer through the Knicks Vs Magic and now the Hawks Vs Wolves?

A couple of absolute stinkers!!

The skills and gameplay is at prime Lolcats levels.

russell is so toxic :lol:

the young spurs are awesome tho
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Post#494 » by GoBobs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:09 am

BigSlam wrote:
euphorbus wrote:With nearly the entire roster of the Washington Wizards either in isolation or quarantine, it seems like it's only a matter of time before the virus hits Charlotte, too, unless play is suspended before we reach that point. Ironically, Malik Monk will be one of the players available, because he already had it--if there are enough healthy players to actually field a team.

Having the virus once doesn’t create an immunity to it.

If that was true all the time there would be no point in a vaccine and the vaccines would not have passed thier trials. Not to say it can't be true sometimes, but I expect it to be rare.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#495 » by Diop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:46 am

Xavier Tillman started in a game that Memphis won.
Meanwhile our rookie centres live on the bench
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,396

Post#496 » by Hornet Mania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Diop wrote:Xavier Tillman started in a game that Memphis won.

I am a bit puzzled that JB doesn't at least give them a shot outside of garbage time. Maybe they look like absolute crap in practice, but it sure seems like they could help our rebounding problems by bringing more length and energy.

Hopefully they round into form and become usable by the end of the season and have strong growth over the summer, like Graham did after not getting much run at first, and it's not a sign that they're wasted picks. It's a tough season for rookies with abbreviated camp and no summer league, so that does keep me from totally despairing about their futures.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#497 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:

I am a bit puzzled that JB doesn't at least give them a shot outside of garbage time. Maybe they look like absolute crap in practice, but it sure seems like they could help our rebounding problems by bringing more length and energy.

Hopefully they round into form and become usable by the end of the season and have strong growth over the summer, like Graham did after not getting much run at first, and it's not a sign that they're wasted picks. It's a tough season for rookies with abbreviated camp and no summer league, so that does keep me from totally despairing about their futures.

Because for as bad as Biz looks on offense for stretches, he never really has those moments on defense. How often are you watching a game and Biz just gets absolutely destroyed on a switch or is completely out of position and you're screaming at the TV? For me it is hardly ever and at least I know Biz can hold his own on defense.

Richards and Carey are going to be standing there looking like baby deer in the headlights as teams run layup lines on us. I don't really understand why this board needs to see them fail before they drop it. Would you really feel better if Carey played 20 minutes a game and looked like complete dog ****? Because as a 19 year old second rounder, that is almost surely going to be the case. Let them go to the Gleague bubble, get some confidence and play some major minutes and once they get back maybe they will be ready.
Big Board
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#498 » by predators » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:31 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:

Because for as bad as Biz looks on offense for stretches, he never really has those moments on defense. How often are you watching a game and Biz just gets absolutely destroyed on a switch or is completely out of position and you're screaming at the TV? For me it is hardly ever and at least I know Biz can hold his own on defense.

Richards and Carey are going to be standing there looking like baby deer in the headlights as teams run layup lines on us. I don't really understand why this board needs to see them fail before they drop it. Would you really feel better if Carey played 20 minutes a game and looked like complete dog ****? Because as a 19 year old second rounder, that is almost surely going to be the case. Let them go to the Gleague bubble, get some confidence and play some major minutes and once they get back maybe they will be ready.

I generally agree. But I’m also down for more ping pong balls so I also wouldn’t mind the lay up line. I don’t think we’ll see them unless this team falls out of the playoff race. The g-league situation is giant bummer for those two.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#499 » by MPM » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:15 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Richards and Carey are going to be standing there looking like baby deer in the headlights as teams run layup lines on us. I don't really understand why this board needs to see them fail before they drop it. Would you really feel better if Carey played 20 minutes a game and looked like complete dog ****? Because as a 19 year old second rounder, that is almost surely going to be the case. Let them go to the Gleague bubble, get some confidence and play some major minutes and once they get back maybe they will be ready.

I appreciate your thoughtful take on things - often more so when I disagree with it - but an awful lot of "this board" in your posts. Doesn't make for effective communication - 'everyone thinks this and thinking this is stupid.' Could be 100% wrong, but I don't recall anyone here wanting more than limited or garbage time for either Carey or Richards - a minute or four of learning on the job. If there's anyone out there that truly thinks either should be seeing serious, consistent court time (stealing minutes from Zeller/Biz), please raise your hand, so you can debate directly and spare the rest of us.

And, I totally agree with you on one point. If coach and crew think neither are ready to contribute at all right now (which I can fully appreciate), they need to be seeing lots of time in the G. Again, if they belong in the G, put them in the G to figure out what we've got. If you're gonna keep them on the bench, the only opportunity to vet and develop is via spot minutes.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,396

Post#500 » by Hornet Mania » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:15 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it would hurt much to occasionally spoon feed them 5 quality minutes in a game where we need some size.

I love Biz, but trying to feed the ball to him on offense has been almost as excruciating as the hypothetical of our rooks getting exposed on defense. Everyone on our team except maybe Hayward has a significant downside in some area anyway so I'm interested in letting the young Cs get their feet wet.

Return to Charlotte Hornets