Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#621 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:47 pm

M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Why?

Because there’s no way he can sustain his shooting numbers. Although he can improve from his numbers last season.

He’s shooting 52FG% 47 3pt% and 92FT%.

Well he was shooting over 40% from 3 his last year in Detroit prior to the trade to Doc in LA and maintained that... Was at 43% in LA which was why Brand traded for him... and literally fell off a cliff after that trade to Philly.

Now with Doc to unlock him in a better system that fits, along with better fitting talent in possibly the best roster he's ever been on... Certainly the best constructed compared to the Jimmy year. I wouldnt be shocked to see him shoot 41% from 3 in his prime. That would be awesome in fact, but very possible.

He even shot 39+% the last 50 games or so of last year. The outlier is arguably the end of 2019 after the trade and then the beginning of last year.

He’s not gonna shoot 47% but I don’t think anyone will complain about ~40 especially if it comes with his continued increase in catch and shoot and decisiveness. Still very early though lots of guys have hot starts where they emphasize something they’ve worked on in the offseason only to fade into old habits. I do think playing the 4 and having more shooting around him should make it easier though.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#622 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:30 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Because there’s no way he can sustain his shooting numbers. Although he can improve from his numbers last season.

He’s shooting 52FG% 47 3pt% and 92FT%.

Well he was shooting over 40% from 3 his last year in Detroit prior to the trade to Doc in LA and maintained that... Was at 43% in LA which was why Brand traded for him... and literally fell off a cliff after that trade to Philly.

Now with Doc to unlock him in a better system that fits, along with better fitting talent in possibly the best roster he's ever been on... Certainly the best constructed compared to the Jimmy year. I wouldnt be shocked to see him shoot 41% from 3 in his prime. That would be awesome in fact, but very possible.

He even shot 39+% the last 50 games or so of last year. The outlier is arguably the end of 2019 after the trade and then the beginning of last year.

He’s not gonna shoot 47% but I don’t think anyone will complain about ~40 especially if it comes with his continued increase in catch and shoot and decisiveness. Still very early though lots of guys have hot starts where they emphasize something they’ve worked on in the offseason only to fade into old habits. I do think playing the 4 and having more shooting around him should make it easier though.

You pointed it earlier. His transition points has been up, i think it’s because he’s taking and making those transition 3s, which bumps his numbers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#623 » by Iverson Armband » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:10 pm

I don’t think Doc turned anything around. The first 3 games he was horrible. He’s making shots now, period. Let’s see if it continues.
always a jump shot away.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#624 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:13 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
M2J wrote:

You pointed it earlier. His transition points has been up, i think it’s because he’s taking and making those transition 3s, which bumps his numbers.

Transition but also just catch and shoot in general. He was at 35% of his shots being after zero dribbles last year to 55% so far this year. It’s too early to know if that is permanent but it certainly seems more sustainable to make more shots when you are taking easier shots as opposed to just hoping you make more of the same kind of shots you were taking before.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#625 » by zaz102 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#626 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:43 pm

I felt like I was the only Harris believer left on this board granted he is still a flawed player but I am glad the FO paid no heed to the hot garbage suggestions on the trade board.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#627 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:21 pm

Keep pumping up that trade value Tobias.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#628 » by zaz102 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:51 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:I felt like I was the only Harris believer left on this board granted he is still a flawed player but I am glad the FO paid no heed to the hot garbage suggestions on the trade board.
I definitely didn't believe in him so I'm eating crow (happily). Still skeptical he keeps it up. What made you a believer and do you think he'll continue his productivity?
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#629 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:39 pm

zaz102 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:I felt like I was the only Harris believer left on this board granted he is still a flawed player but I am glad the FO paid no heed to the hot garbage suggestions on the trade board.
I definitely didn't believe in him so I'm eating crow (happily). Still skeptical he keeps it up. What made you a believer and do you think he'll continue his productivity?

I just like his offensive game and his fit as a complementary player. He has a solid J. Is good on screens and cuts. Handles the ball well up the court and most of his shots seem to be in rhythm.

The issue outside of his defense simply was his shot wasn't falling which obviously cratered his efficiency but if you watched him play he was rarely forcing anything so unlike lets say a waiters or wiggins who will never be efficient due to their shot selection I have always felt there was a decent chance he could regain what he was with the Clippers.

I also think bringing more shooting has really helped him. Last year there was a ton of pressure on him to space the floor and shoot threes this year there is less and he seems to be getting more open looks. We will have to see if it continues but part of the reason why i didn't want to move him in a seperate Harden deal is because while he is overpaid he is a guy who I think like I said fits in well off the ball and having a role as the 3rd option on offense
76ciology
RealGM

Post#630 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:54 pm

Last Year:

Slower pace with Al, Biid & Ben = less transition/easy baskets.

On halfcourt. Al, Ben and Biid = 3 guys that makes it tough for him to attack close outs. Due to spacing and weaker dribble drive as a unit.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#631 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Tobi’s dirty secret

Read on Twitter

:lol:
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#632 » by blargh » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 pm

76ciology wrote:Tobi’s dirty secret

Read on Twitter

Honestly, this isn’t a bad thing. He tends not to play that much in the second quarter, as he doesnt overlap as much with the bench as some of the other starters. And come 4th quarter, he definitely should be behind Joel and Shake in terms of shots.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#633 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 am

I'm sure EB is laughing at his detractors right now :lol: :lol:
76ciology
RealGM

Post#634 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 am

blargh wrote:
76ciology wrote:Tobi’s dirty secret

Read on Twitter

Honestly, this isn’t a bad thing. He tends not to play that much in the second quarter, as he doesnt overlap as much with the bench as some of the other starters. And come 4th quarter, he definitely should be behind Joel and Shake in terms of shots.

Yup. And he’s the second best scorer on the team. He has to step up when Biid has to pace. But he still scores on clutch, he’s second behind Biid on clutch points
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#635 » by Embiid-MVP » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Another one. Great game Tobias.. love that most still are looking for excuses and trades for him. Just accept it.
:banghead:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#636 » by Arsenal » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:25 pm

He has been unbelievable so far this year. I don't think it is sustainable, but these numbers are just slightly better than his "all-star" level play under Doc w/the Clippers before we traded for him. So maybe they are.

When he plays like this, he is worth his massive contract.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#637 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Biggest difference is his transition scoring. Among guys who scores atleast 5pts on transition, he should be the best with his points per possession at 1.45ppp. Better than Giannis.

His transition scoring when from 14% to 25% of his total possessions.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#638 » by Embiid-MVP » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:47 pm

If he can hold this up he'll be worth the contract especially as the seasons go. He can't score 30+ consistently (not that he is) when Embiid is dominating and dominating possessions. If he can continue getting 18-23 he'll be worth the contract imo.
:banghead:
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#639 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Arsenal wrote:He has been unbelievable so far this year. I don't think it is sustainable, but these numbers are just slightly better than his "all-star" level play under Doc w/the Clippers before we traded for him. So maybe they are.

When he plays like this, he is worth his massive contract.

It may be sustainable. They're not asking him to do anything other than what he's capable of doing. He's still not taking every 3 he's capable of getting up and he's still not getting to the line. He's playing his game.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#640 » by kriss73 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:38 pm

I think Doc nailed it:

"We stay on him," Rivers said. "Same thing in L.A. Just quick decisions. If you catch it, shoot it. If you catch it, drive it. If you dribble it, pass it. It’s pretty simple for him and when he stays in that formula, he’s unbelievable. He’s a train going downhill. He’s got a beautiful shot. It’s when he hesitates and guys get in tune is when he gets himself in trouble

Simple but true for what i saw this year.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."

Return to Philadelphia 76ers