Head Coach
And1: 4,500

Re: Giannis SIGNS 

Post#1121 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:41 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Yeah and never win a championship, but go off or whatever

Neither had LeBron or Jordan at Giannis's age.

If you dont see the discrepancy in Giannis and Lebrons game I dont know what to tell you.

True. Giannis shoots 20% better in the clutch.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#1122 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:08 pm

When it comes to LEBRON, there's LeBron & then there's Giannis: https://www.bball-index.com/lebron-database/
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,792

Post#1123 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:49 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261091/Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Didnt-Want-Pressure-Of-His-Decision-Hanging-Over-Bucks

"Obviously I know that everybody in the media of course and in the NBA, everybody wants that storyline and that drama, but that's not me. I really want people to just leave me alone. Don't even talk about me. I just want to play basketball."

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1124 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Giannis highlights from 18 years old, Greek juniors league

Man check out that move at 4:40 :o

And where did that shooting form go :cry: :cry: :cry:
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#1125 » by IrishRainbow » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:39 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:

Giannis highlights from 18 years old, Greek juniors league

Man check out that move at 4:40 :o

And where did that shooting form go :cry: :cry: :cry:

When physically he went from Kerry Kittles to David Robinson.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#1126 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:42 pm

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#1127 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:46 pm

I hate that I haven't really enjoyed watching him play this season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#1128 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:04 pm

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#1129 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hate that I haven't really enjoyed watching him play this season.

Honestly, it started in the Miami series for me. I'm troubled at how much he gets into his own head when he faces the real adversity of a good team in a tough playoff series or even a tough game. He was pressing WAY too had yesterday and fumbling around with careless turnovers because he was unsure of his decision making. What's worse is that ever since covid hit, he's regressed in that aspect.

I remember last season when he was consistently working on his post-up jump hooks and little 12-15 foot fadeaways and all of that vanished in the bubble playoffs. Hell, the same pattern happened in last night's game. He started the game with about 4-5 perfectly solid possessions out of the block and the elbows (not all worked but were good decisions) with some fades and an and-1 drop step on AD. Then, for whatever reason, he just stops operating from that area and resorts to the five-out top of the key crap.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#1130 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

If you wanted a reason to fire Bud, this article is it.

I said it after the playoffs ended, he's not the right coach for Freak. It's not the same as Bud not being a good coach. He's a perfectly capable, very good NBA coach. But that article illustrates exactly what many of us (and many prominent basketball voices) have been saying since the Toronto series.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#1131 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Early on, when it was apparent that Giannis "could be special" many of us struggled for a player comp. I remember my comparison was a super charged Andrei Kirilenko. Obviously we're well past that. And the initial comp turned out to be wrong. And at this point, there is no way Giannis would ever accept a Kirilenko-type role on offense. But we might be at our best with him trending towards more of that level of usage. If he really wanted to be KD she shouldn't have lifted weights 27 hours a day for 5 years straight.

Giannis has the contract, he has the MVP's. He simply needs to let the game come to him. And that has to be so damn hard when he can just bully his way to the rim 1-on-3. Obviously its easier said than done. But he just needs to realize that we now have the talent (with Khris and Jrue) so he doesn't have to carry the offensive load every night. Also, for the love of god, Bud, put him on the KD's, Harden's, and Lebrons. Its just an absolute waste to have the DPOY guarding role players.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,854

Post#1132 » by Fotis St » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:39 pm

Alot of you are asking what is on Giannis head recently with the 7 turnovers and 0 assists in halftime ?
This is my opinion on what is in Giannis head and in any playmaker's head.

I was/am a point guard and this is my speculation, my opinion.
Get yourself into Giannis shoes for a bit. Imagine yourself outworking the whole NBA players and making your self a basketball freak of nature a man has never seen. Yes, I was gifted with genes, but there are thousands 7 fters out there, not being able to do half of what I can, ok ? I worked my a$$ off to be the player I am right now, in fact not only my a$$ but my whole soul, sleeping in the stadium in order to work more hours. U feeling me a bit ?
OK, since you are feeling me, I want you to imagine yourself, showcasing all your sweat and blood and bruises , on to the basketball court. So I am literally forcing with my gravity a double, a triple and sometimes a 5 man wall.... and all my hard work interprets itself that exact moment ... so I am a basketball player and I pass the ball to the wide open man at the 3pt line...right ?

You feeling me, u following me ? Yes, right, so ... now I am happy cause my teammate is wide open to take a shot .
You feeling me ... ok , then you watch your teammate shoot the 3, he Lets it Fly ... and I watch the ball spinning mid air travelling towards the basket ... you following me guys ... yeah .... and I already tight my fist out of happiness for making a play and my teammate took a really good shot ... so the ball is almost through the basket to complete this beauty right ?
Yeah ..... CLANK

My teammate missed the shot BUT that is basketball right ? So I tap him in his back and tell him "Don't worry, shoot it again with zero hesitation next time ok ? You will make it !!! " ....

So I continue with good spirit and being a good teammate on to the next possession ... and I watch all this shots , the basketball spinning mid air ... and CLANK , CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK .....

Some days we are rocking , but some meaningful games I hear and watch this CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ,CLANK ....

So that troubles me most of the time ... what do I do then ? Opponents and Coaches are hacking me every day. Doubles, Triple, Walls, flopping in front of me and I am disgusted by the refs ... rewarding floppers just kills my strength, kills the OG Basketball Gods we all worshiped. This is when I decide to either force my way through the opponents all just shoot 3s since even my teammates can't make any, I will just shoot it myself. One more troubling thing that hurts me is when they hesitate and don't shoot it and dribble or pass meaningless and it is 5v5 game again, resetting our offense to the absolute zero, this is were someone can feel that all his hard work these years, gets zeroed.

So I get really frustrated in general cause I don't see a plan working and I don't see a plan B working. All I see are some blue boxes and a new one under the basket, it is called the dunker box. I don't know why we call it that way cause I see Jrue there and sometimes Pat and it certainly hasn't generated dunks from them so what do I know right ?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#1133 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:46 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

If you wanted a reason to fire Bud, this article is it.

I said it after the playoffs ended, he's not the right coach for Freak. It's not the same as Bud not being a good coach. He's a perfectly capable, very good NBA coach. But that article illustrates exactly what many of us (and many prominent basketball voices) have been saying since the Toronto series.

I think that's a good and fair way to put it. Bud's a great coach. You don't win the way he has by being bad, or even just average. But the way Giannis is used is a strong indicator that Bud really doesn't know what to do with him.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#1134 » by ABucksFan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Fotis St wrote:Alot of you are asking what is on Giannis head recently with the 7 turnovers and 0 assists in halftime
This is my opinion on what is in Giannis head and in any playmaker's head.

Not much too add just wanted to say....CLANK...ok bye. This was a fun read.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#1135 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:48 am

Hard to disagree with anything here. Especially with what is said about how they use him at defense. He is easily capable of guarding Jimmy Butler, giving him that matchup is what gives us the best chance of winning.

I don't think Giannis should completely stop taking 3's though. 2-3 a game during the regular season is reasonable IMO. But the part about building his game from the inside out as opposed to the outside in makes complete sense.

Giannis should be building his game from the inside-out, not the outside-in. Shots at the rim and the 3-point line are the most efficient, but you can’t skip steps along the way when working on your jumper. The 3-pointer is the dessert. They should be the reward for a big man who has put in the work closer to the basket. Midrange shots are like eating your vegetables. They’re not as glamorous or as fun, but they are more important.

For Giannis, having those moves in his bag would force defenses to change how they guard him. One of the reasons that Antetokounmpo totaled nine turnovers and six fouls against the Lakers is that they knew he wanted to bulldoze anyone in his way. They played him for the charge over and over again. That strategy doesn’t work against Davis because he can drive with more finesse, knowing that he can stop short and shoot over a defender who’s getting ready to fall down.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1136 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Hard to disagree with anything here. Especially with what is said about how they use him at defense. He is easily capable of guarding Jimmy Butler, giving him that matchup is what gives us the best chance of winning.

it's funny I was just running some stats. Jimmy Butler actually came on top of the league among scorers in free throws per field goal attempt.

In simple terms it means he is literally the most lethal guy in the league at drawing fouls, better than Harden or Doncic, so putting your most valuable (and foul prone) guy on him might not be such a good idea. Jimmy's a really smart ****, he'll send him to the bench in 10 minutes flat.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#1137 » by KidA24 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:21 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Hard to disagree with anything here. Especially with what is said about how they use him at defense. He is easily capable of guarding Jimmy Butler, giving him that matchup is what gives us the best chance of winning.

it's funny I was just running some stats. Jimmy Butler actually came on top of the league among scorers in free throws per field goal attempt.

In simple terms it means he is literally the most lethal guy in the league at drawing fouls, better than Harden or Doncic, so putting your most valuable (and foul prone) guy on him might not be such a good idea. Jimmy's a really smart ****, he'll send him to the bench in 10 minutes flat.

Yes. Every single take on "Why isn't Giannis guarding so-and-so" doesn't take into account he has been in the top 10 or so in fouls/game each of the past 2 seasons despite playing less minutes than almost every other superstar.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#1138 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 am

He didn't have a worthwhile off-season to truly work on the parts of his game he needs to. This coming off-season is a different story. If he comes back next year more hulked up and jacking 3s with a nasty form, that's just who he's going to be his whole career.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#1139 » by th87 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:53 am

emunney wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Trying to remember. Was it Serge Ibaka who ruined Giannis’ free throws?

pretty sure it was that shot doctor guy lol.

Drake "The Shot Doctor" Drakeson

I hate that this f*er who I already can't stand, had a negative effect on my team. Spanning multiple dimensions of life.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#1140 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:36 am

Giannis is: a moderate uptick in free throw shooting, 60% of Tim Duncan’s mid range offense, and a new coach away from being the most statistically dominant player of all time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks