Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1581 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:35 am

cowboyronnie wrote:**** Pat Miletich. That dude is a stone-cold psycho. I wonder what he's up to today? I wonder what kind of ideology he espouses? I bet it's well-considered.

Oh, wow. Just checked into it. This is shocking. He thinks everyone + your mom is part of the deep state and all counter-evidence a false flag planted by Soros. Here he is with Proud Boys (in orange) and a dude flashing a white supremacist hand-sign.

Iowa, baby.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,633

Post#1582 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:44 am

cowboyronnie wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/1/12/21554602/the-cost-of-being-the-king-spencer-fisher-ufc

A must-read for any MMA fan.

This is insane stuff.

My main comment is that this is, strangely, not an issue with the UFC but with Miletech Fighting Systems. Those dudes fought til the KO...as sparring. Multiple times a week. Fisher, at 155, would have sparred with 185 KO artists like Drew McFedries. Jens (145lbs) has talked about sparring 185ers, and that guys would get lifted off the canvas and dragged out of the ring, regularly. **** Robbie Lawler stopped sparring at MFS because it was so damaging.

That's where Fisher sustained all this damage.

**** Pat Miletich. That dude is a stone-cold psycho. I wonder what he's up to today? I wonder what kind of ideology he espouses? I bet it's well-considered.

As mcuh as I want to place blame on UFC I have to agree that the issue lies with MFS and other gyms like Chute Box that employed that old school training mentality. It's easy to point to this fight or that fight on TV to say that's when the concussion that lead to the neurological issues happened but fighters go through many smaller but similarly traumatic hits during the thousands of hours of training they put in. I just wish that the UFC took better care of those fighters and recognise the sacrifice they put in, not just in the 15-25min in the Octagon but in training too.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#1583 » by Jasen777 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:22 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:**** Pat Miletich. That dude is a stone-cold psycho. I wonder what he's up to today? I wonder what kind of ideology he espouses? I bet it's well-considered.

UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich reveals he was fired from commentary job at LFA after participating in Capitol protests
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1584 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich reveals he was fired from commentary job at LFA after participating in Capitol protests

What must it be like to walk through life with a narrative this impenetrable to counter-evidence?

“The media is full of sh*t,” Miletich wrote a day after the protests. “No Trump supporters ever caused violence and didn’t attack [law enforcement officers]. I was at the front at the capital when the Proud Boys moved up to the [Capitol]. They absorbed grenades, tear gas and massive amounts of pepper spray and attacked nobody. F**k the media.”

There are long compilations of Trump supporters' social media feeds where they promise insane **** and then images of those very same people swarming cops, fighting cops, walking around with zip ties, and rioting in the capitol. According to Pat these are Soros actors, who have spent decades acting like RW ****, raising RW **** families, in order to be deployed in 2021 by antifa, CCP, and Soros?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1585 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Do you really not know? I'm pretty sure he has a CT podcast.

I don't really follow or listen to any fighters, but I remember listening to a clip of him on Eddie Bravo's podcast way back in the day, explaining to Eddie the differences in the different dimensions (like, the 9th Dimension is where demons live vs the 11th Dimension, etc.).

EDIT: Just saw the follow-up posts.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1586 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:

Do you really not know? I'm pretty sure he has a CT podcast.

I don't really follow or listen to any fighters, but I remember listening to a clip of him on Eddie Bravo's podcast way back in the day, explaining to Eddie the differences in the different dimensions (like, the 9th Dimension is where demons live vs the 11th Dimension, etc.).

EDIT: Just saw the follow-up posts.

I listened to the JRE he was on a couple years. On one podcast, he was bragging about how his 17-year-old daughter continually puts her "lib" teachers in place about biology and history. He's raising a new generation of ***holes.

He also talked on the JRE about how he is now an ultra-marathoner. Yet, dude was 200+ lbs in that boxing match he had a couple months ago and was winded after a round. Meaning, he is just lying about the 100mile runs that he is doing.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1587 » by spykelee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:37 am

Dana says something in the works for Nate Diaz. Claims it's at lightweight. If it isn't Tony I'm not sure who else makes sense there. Thought Dan hooker but he's got a scrap coming up. Maybe Dos Anjos?

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1588 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:34 am

Ryan hall, the sport's most feared fighter, facing Ige on Marvh 13.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1589 » by Headliner » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:08 pm

Khabib vs GSP?

Sounds like it might be happening.
Khabib would need to vacate the title which makes the Dustin vs Conor match a title fight, and means the GSP fight probably happens at around 160-165 range.

Lots of speculation, should know today though
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#1590 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:59 pm

I feel like Dana would have been waaaaay more excited if he had Khabib/GSP ready to go.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1591 » by Dupp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 pm

dana just spoke about it. No mention of gsp. says khabib will fight if one of the current contenders do something special.

danas been pushing connor really hard so i guess khabibs open to that if conor looks great in this fight (and maybe one more?)

or khabibs just not interested and danas keeping the hype up.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1592 » by Headliner » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 pm

Khabib come on...
The guy needs to either fight or drop the belt, the whole I’m retired, unless something special happens so I’m going to hold the title hostage, is lammmmeeee.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1593 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Ngannou is going to splatter Stipes's brains all across the canvas and then reign for a long time (relative to HW).
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,607

Post#1594 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 pm

REDDzone wrote:Ngannou is going to splatter Stipes's brains all across the canvas and then reign for a long time (relative to HW).

Same thing was said last time and Stipe flat out embarrassed him.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1595 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Ngannou is going to splatter Stipes's brains all across the canvas and then reign for a long time (relative to HW).

Same thing was said last time and Stipe flat out embarrassed him.

Stipe won decisively but Ngannou was up and still throwing BOMBS in the last round.

Stipe is a few years older and has had injuries, taken a lot of damage and even been KOed in that time. Meanwhile Francis, outside of one weird performance vs Lewis, has had like 2 minutes of cage time across 4 fights because he's been dispatching fools.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1596 » by Headliner » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:13 pm

I think Francis is gonna take it as well.

It’s incredibly hard to beat a top level guy twice. Francis is gonna catch him I think. It only takes one.

It’s why I wish Khabib would have stuck around, if he beat Dustin and maybe Justin again and took out Chandler and Charles, the guy has legit resume for all time status.
Right now it’s just a short list of one offs and questions marks, so the what if’s loom.

Francis is a monster though, he’s been only looking at Stipe since that fight. Stipe had cormier twice in wars and is older now. I predict he sees stars. If he doesn’t snd then Beats Jones. He’s the goat, how crazy is that.
2 fights for him to be the goat.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1597 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:46 am

Doubt it. He might get lucky, which at heavyweight is always a possibility but the skill gap is huge.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1598 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:58 am

Headliner wrote:I think Francis is gonna take it as well.

It’s incredibly hard to beat a top level guy twice. Francis is gonna catch him I think. It only takes one.

It’s why I wish Khabib would have stuck around, if he beat Dustin and maybe Justin again and took out Chandler and Charles, the guy has legit resume for all time status.
Right now it’s just a short list of one offs and questions marks, so the what if’s loom.

Francis is a monster though, he’s been only looking at Stipe since that fight. Stipe had cormier twice in wars and is older now. I predict he sees stars. If he doesn’t snd then Beats Jones. He’s the goat, how crazy is that.
2 fights for him to be the goat.

WTF? Come on, give it a rest.

LOL Beat Dustin and Justin...again?

What did Khabib do to you, personally? How can you possibly crowbar a reference to Khabib in a post about Francis vs Stipe? And a request for him to just run back some of the most one-sided wins in champtionship history? I don't think either of those fighters would even bother re-litigating against Khabib. You think Justin wants to run it back against Khabib? Just get squashed again?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1599 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:01 am

What if Khabib faced Justin Gaethje *two* times? Poirier *2* times? This "looms" over his legacy. They will be talking about this for decades to come. Like Ali vs Tyson. A "what if" question for the ages, plaguing our consciences.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1600 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 am

Headliners anti Khabib stuff is very dumb. This fight between Conor and Dustin just highlighted the gap between Khabib and the rest. It’s huge. It’s like the gap between Beal and lebron.

Now if Charles destroys everyone then that’s a challenge but unlikely Charles is a tier above the rest. Khabib has destroyed Conor, Dustin and Justin already.

Really to challenge himself and raise is status he should be going up and beating usman, which he could.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts