Image ImageImage Image

Lonzo Ball Thread (UPDATE: Bulls Offer Sato + 2nd Round picks)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,335

Lonzo Ball Thread (UPDATE: Bulls Offer Sato + 2nd Round picks) 

Post#1 » by fleet » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 am

Read on Twitter

Scoop B hmm. A ScoopB report
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Re: Bulls interested in trading for Ball? Report 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:28 am

I don't see an obvious trade. Sato and a 2nd for him? Otto for Lonzo and Reddick? Wendell and Otto for Ball and Steven Adams? I'd probably consider all three, but wouldn't be overly excited for any. Steven Adams would at least give us a long-term defender at the 5.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,091

Re: Bulls interested in trading for Lonzo? 

Post#3 » by Mk0 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:29 am

Ugh
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#4 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:32 am

Not a good idea.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,335

Post#5 » by fleet » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am

Is Scoop B the best Scoop of the Scoops

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#6 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:38 am

fleet wrote:Is Scoop B the best Scoop of the Scoops

Second only to Scoop A.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#7 » by BullChit » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:42 am

Again as long as it's a good trade why not...

What do the Bulls have that The Pels would be interested in.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,048

Post#8 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 am

I think this is what they consider a "buy low" scenario. Lonzo is having a down year after looking better last season (and even then, he wasn't THAT good). We shouldn't have to overpay for a half season of Lonzo, especially considering he's in the same situation as Lauri contract-wise.

Also, I don't know what they're doing in New Orleans but somebody shooting sub-30% from deep shouldn't be taking 7 3pt attempts per game. His free throw % continues to be putrid, and he can be a bit of a turnover machine himself (19.2% TO rate for his career) though he does attempt much riskier passes than anybody would even dare to on our team (who's still coughing up the ball regardless). So maybe we'll still see some turnovers, but they'll be of the high risk high reward variety?

Per 36, Lonzo's numbers are WORSE than Coby's across the board this season, and we constantly **** on Coby on a regular basis. He also doesn't go to the line. Like, don't you dare foul me because free throws = bad.

I'm not sure what we'd be solving with Lonzo, but I suppose being an actual point guard, he can alleviate the need for Zach and Coby to have to make plays for others? They can simply just focus on scoring, which theoretically can mean their efficiency goes up and our overall turnovers may go down. He's also only 23, so he'd be around the same age as everyone else here.

The more intriguing player to me would be Steven Adams since we're currently running around with no viable C and interior defense (and the obvious Billy Donovan connection).
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#9 » by StunnerKO » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:38 am

Can’t trade for Adams till the summer since he signed an extension
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#10 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:49 am

Lonzo would help but we should know that addition has a ceiling. If we get irritated at coby and his inconsistent shooting you about to blow a tire over ball inability to shoot and the fact come playoff time teams will be leaving him wide open understanding he will be bricking shots left and right.

But for a small deal he does fill a void and help a need.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#11 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 am

You'd be getting Lonzo with the intention of letting him run the offense and hopefully get Lauri in particular involved more. I think you get him with the knowledge that he'll always be a below-average shooter, but hope you can surround him with shooters. He hopefully becomes a rich man's Satoransky.

If the price is too expensive, it may be worth looking into Rubio who is having a really off season and may be expendable given Minnesota's poor start.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#12 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:13 am

The Bulls have interest in Ball or they no longer have interest in watching White try to run a team?
ROLES & HOLES
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#13 » by VolumePoster » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:22 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:The Bulls have interest in Ball or they no longer have interest in watching White try to run a team?

I don't know about the Bulls, but I'm certainly getting there.

It's also better for White to excel in a scoring role off the bench. Would you rather an amazing sixth man or a below average, sometimes bad, point guard?
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#14 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 am

This seems like a GarPax move.

Maybe Paxson really is still in charge.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#15 » by jacoby1us » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:33 am

Despite how much I don't like Ball's game, he is an upgrade over the PG's this roster currently has, what do we have to lose at this point? Coby White is not our PG of the future, his ceiling is Lou Williams at best.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#16 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:41 am

If we can get Lonzo basically for free (some combination of minor assets like Gafford/Hutch, 2nd round picks, or vets) then I guess it's fine. Any more than that, and I don't like it.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#17 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 am

White for Ball and 2 seconds.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#18 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:White for Ball and 2 seconds.

I'd do this.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#19 » by gobullschi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:14 am

Lonzo is a tough player to move assets for when they could just sign him in the off-season. I’m not sure what kind of money he is looking for next season, but I’m sure he would like to find a place that he will stick with for a while. If he gets dealt, he will be on his third team on a rookie deal.

I love the fit next to LaVine. Always have. He is a ‘true point guard’ who also happens to be an excellent defender. He would also do wonders for Markkanen and PatWilliams. The ‘hype train’ is actually hurting him right now because everyone expected him to be a super-star right out of the gate (which is insanely rare). The expectations went too far.

Coby has taken a lot of steps as a point guard, but this is going to be a slow gradual process. Letting him run the 2nd unit while also bringing a scoring punch off the bench is the perfect role for him at this stage in his career.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#20 » by ZOMG » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:31 am

Lonzo is a very passive PG who's slid back to essentially being a non-shooter. Just say no this trade. It's not a good sign that he's worn out his welcome this quickly in NO too.

It's true that the Pels half court offense is problematic for driving guards and wings because Adams and Zion are constantly clogging the lane, but I still wouldn't take the risk. Plus Ball has his own brainfarts as a PG - he has a horrible tendency to try hopeless full court passes at exactly the wrong moments, which is something thatapparently runs in the Ball family.

Return to Chicago Bulls