dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,825

Re: Around the NBA Discussion (20/21) 

Post#101 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:51 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Let’s hope not. Green and Terry are years away from having any sort of impact on a game.

We have to understand that they have a Luka type of a jump in performance before Carlisle plays them meaningful minutes. Carlisle doesn't play of develop rookies. He's not that type of coach. He needs finished products or vets who already knows what he wants before they can see floor time. He's just a different type of coach. Billy Donovan, Scott Brooks, those have longer leashes for developing youth. Carlisle has a reputation in the league where he is at the ear of Jason Kidd for every play one season. Yes, 18 year veteran Jason Kidd needed micromanaging. They were laughing at him in one episode of The Jump in ESPN. I think they were wishing Isiah Roby good luck under Carlisle because of that.

Imagine if we drafted Siddique Bey as almost every single person (fan, announcer, commentator) outside of Nelson/Cuban/Carlisle would have.

Or Precious Achiuwa. Mavs have sucked at drafting for a long time now outside of 2018
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#102 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:39 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:

We have to understand that they have a Luka type of a jump in performance before Carlisle plays them meaningful minutes. Carlisle doesn't play of develop rookies. He's not that type of coach. He needs finished products or vets who already knows what he wants before they can see floor time. He's just a different type of coach. Billy Donovan, Scott Brooks, those have longer leashes for developing youth. Carlisle has a reputation in the league where he is at the ear of Jason Kidd for every play one season. Yes, 18 year veteran Jason Kidd needed micromanaging. They were laughing at him in one episode of The Jump in ESPN. I think they were wishing Isiah Roby good luck under Carlisle because of that.

Imagine if we drafted Siddique Bey as almost every single person (fan, announcer, commentator) outside of Nelson/Cuban/Carlisle would have.

Or Precious Achiuwa. Mavs have sucked at drafting for a long time now outside of 2018

I think its more of outside of European players. 2018 2nd round, we could have drafted Gary trent Jr who fit a definite need and who's father played here, but we drafted another PG to add to Luka, DSJ, Barea, Harris, and at the time, Yogi.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#103 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:35 am

Seth Curry test positive for covid and was removed during the game vs Brooklyn tonight. This could cause some problems.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#104 » by arkuo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:55 am

Shake Milton scored 31 and 7 in a win against the Heat. We drafted the guy and traded him immediately for Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokoumpo. SMH

Donnie is the type of GM to draft Sam Bowie for 10 years straight even if Jordan was still on board. The guy has too much capital and job security. Hence the lack of accountability.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#105 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm

arkuo wrote:Shake Milton scored 31 and 7 in a win against the Heat. We drafted the guy and traded him immediately for Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokoumpo. SMH

Donnie is the type of GM to draft Sam Bowie for 10 years straight even if Jordan was still on board. The guy has too much capital and job security. Hence the lack of accountability.
I willl keep an eye on him. He seems to be a very good scorer so I hope he continues to develop.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#106 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

The average NBA franchise is worth nearly $2.4 billion, according to data compiled by Sportico. That is down 2% as a direct result of the pandemic, based on our modeling. Collectively, the fair-market value of the NBA’s 30 teams, including ownership’s stakes in real estate, regional sports networks and additional team-related holdings, is more than $71 billion. Three franchises—the New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers—are each worth more than $5 billion. (For context, each of those teams has a greater fair-market value than any National Football League team except for the Dallas Cowboys, based on Sportico‘s assessment of football team valuations last August.)

– via Peter J. Schwartz @ Sportico

Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#107 » by Heezzi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:53 am

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:

They sucked in 2018 too. Luka is a no brainer. They drafted and traded Shake Milton.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#108 » by Apz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:59 am

Heezzi wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

They sucked in 2018 too. Luka is a no brainer. They drafted and traded Shake Milton.

They did? In 2018? Cause frim what I can remember we only had 2 picks in that draft and that became Luka and Brunson. Would say they hit pretty good on them
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Apz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:01 am

You are right tho! I had no memory of us having that pick at all
Heezzi
Pro Prospect

Post#110 » by Heezzi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Apz wrote:You are right tho! I had no memory of us having that pick at all

So they pick Luka, Brunson (Mitch Robinson was avail), and trade Shake Milton for Spalding and Kostas Antetokounmpo.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#111 » by JD45 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Heezzi wrote:

So they pick Luka, Brunson (Mitch Robinson was avail), and trade Shake Milton for Spalding and Kostas Antetokounmpo.

Brunson in the 2nd round is a very successful draft pick. He is a solid rotation player for any team and would likely be starting PG for some. He isn't a great playmaker, but he can handle the ball well and is an efficient scorer.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#112 » by daoneandonly » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 pm

JD45 wrote:
Heezzi wrote:

Brunson in the 2nd round is a very successful draft pick. He is a solid rotation player for any team and would likely be starting PG for some. He isn't a great playmaker, but he can handle the ball well and is an efficient scorer.

But we have to be honest, he's also the only person in the same conversation as Powell/Boban for the team's worst defender.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by Apz » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Since some people here keeps compaining of how mavs is playinc with all them players out, I guess u expect clippers to keep winning now when pg and kawhi enters the covid protocol? If they get 3 weeks oug as ouf guys i am 100% certain that we are ahead of them when they get back(uf we dont get new ones)
Heezzi
Pro Prospect

Post#114 » by Heezzi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:50 pm

JD45 wrote:
Heezzi wrote:

The only people who think that are MFFLs. He has bad defense, is a ball hog, generally a poor 3pt shooter, and only passes it at the end of the shot clock to get an assist.

The crazy part is people thought he was better than Curry.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect

Post#115 » by Heezzi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:52 pm

Apz wrote:Since some people here keeps compaining of how mavs is playinc with all them players out, I guess u expect clippers to keep winning now when pg and kawhi enters the covid protocol? If they get 3 weeks oug as ouf guys i am 100% certain that we are ahead of them when they get back(uf we dont get new ones)

By then the Rockets would've goten their team back.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#116 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#117 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:20 am

Read on Twitter

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,825

Post#118 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 am

HMFFL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Donnie needs to be ready togive whatever they want except Luka
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#119 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:10 am

The only way Beal is coming to Dallas is if he demands it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#120 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:46 am

Beal would be terrific for the Mavs. But I don't think they have the assets to get him (assuming Luka or KP are not being traded).

With 2 more years on his current deal, I don't think he has leverage force his way to the Mavs. Although given his previous comments about Luka, I bet Dallas is one of his preferred destinations.

But, this could work out for the Mavs. If Miami gets Beal, they would no longer be a possible destination for Oladipo. So Dallas could be more confident trading for him.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Dallas Mavericks