NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Re: NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects 

Post#21 » by Catchall » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:07 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:Two guys I like for the Jazz who could slip into the 20s: Marcus Bagley and Kai Jones. Marcus Bagley could be comparable to Cam Reddish. Kai Jones could be what people were hoping Marquese Chriss would be when he was drafted in the lottery.

I don't see Bagley as a first round pick, and also don't see why we'd draft *another* center.

Marcus Bagley is currently #21 on ESPN's Best Available list, and Kai Jones is a PF who can guard all over the floor and is hitting over 43% of his 3PAs.

Have a nice day.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:Two guys I like for the Jazz who could slip into the 20s: Marcus Bagley and Kai Jones. Marcus Bagley could be comparable to Cam Reddish. Kai Jones could be what people were hoping Marquese Chriss would be when he was drafted in the lottery.

I don't see Bagley as a first round pick, and also don't see why we'd draft *another* center.

Marcus Bagley is currently #21 on ESPN's Best Available list, and Kai Jones is a PF who can guard all over the floor and is hitting over 43% of his 3PAs.

Have a nice day.

I don't buy that Marcus Bagley is the 21st best prospect in this draft. He looks like a pretty average 3+D prospect. I'm sure he'll have a niche in the league, but I don't see him significantly moving the needle for anyone. Kai has a lot more upside, but I'm not sure his faceup game translates well enough for him to be a 4, and he appears to be filling out rather nicely. With his shooting + mobility at his size, he'll have the most impact as a center, IMO.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#23 » by Catchall » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:59 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Have a nice day.

I don't buy that Marcus Bagley is the 21st best prospect in this draft. He looks like a pretty average 3+D prospect. I'm sure he'll have a niche in the league, but I don't see him significantly moving the needle for anyone. Kai has a lot more upside, but I'm not sure his faceup game translates well enough for him to be a 4, and he appears to be filling out rather nicely. With his shooting + mobility at his size, he'll have the most impact as a center, IMO.

Just saw Sam Vecenie at The Athletic has Bagley at #19 in his current mock.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#24 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Have a nice day.

I guess I have to watch him more, I just don't buy it from what I've seen. He looks like an okay movement shooter with pretty basic ball handling and his finishing inside leaves a lot to be desired (shooting only 37% from the field). I'm also not convinced he's a 41% three point shooter through the remainder of the season, or at the next level, and if that's the case his stock may drop. He also doesn't pass, and he's a poor freethrow shooter, all I really see is someone scoring a lot off of offense that might be an aberration.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#25 » by Catchall » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:11 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I guess I have to watch him more, I just don't buy it from what I've seen. He looks like an okay movement shooter with pretty basic ball handling and his finishing inside leaves a lot to be desired (shooting only 37% from the field). I'm also not convinced he's a 41% three point shooter through the remainder of the season, or at the next level, and if that's the case his stock may drop. He also doesn't pass, and he's a poor freethrow shooter, all I really see is someone scoring a lot off of offense that might be an aberration.

He's got size, functional athleticism, a shooting stroke, and some penchant for getting downhill. That was enough to get Cam Reddish drafted in the lottery a couple years back. Is he a game changer? Probably not. He's a good rotational player though who could be available in the 20s.

And no one passes the ball on that ASU team.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#26 » by Catchall » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

He's got size, functional athleticism, a shooting stroke, and some penchant for getting downhill. That was enough to get Cam Reddish drafted in the lottery a couple years back. Is he a game changer? Probably not. He's a good rotational player though who could be available in the 20s.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#27 » by cashmachine » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:11 am

Catchall wrote:
Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I think he’s gonna be a better shooter then Cam. Has really smooth stroke. He would be an excellent fit here IMO.

babyjax13
RealGM

Post#28 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:45 am

Catchall wrote:
Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Cutting looks nice there. Still not seeing anything that really pops, though. He looks fine, I'm not convinced I'd want him more than Miye Oni or Elijah Hughes, but I'll keep watching.

JColl
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,018

Post#29 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Justin Champagnie? Probably underrated right now.

Catchall
RealGM

Post#30 » by Catchall » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 pm

People who liked Leandro Bolmaro last year should probably like Josh Giddey this year.
The question marks with Bolmaro were that he was skinny, that his shooting was flakey and that he didn't rebound.
By comparison, Giddey isn't as skinny and he does rebound the ball. His shooting is still flakey, but he's young enough to fix it. He's also not the same scrappy defender that Bolmaro is, but you're talking about a Gordon Hayward-sized guard who can legitimately run the point.

Giddey looks like decent talent for the late first-round.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#31 » by Catchall » Tue Feb 2, 2021 5:07 pm

An ESPN (Insider) mock draft just came out. Here are some of the players I'm keeping tabs on:
16. Kai Jones
19. David Johnson
20. Franz Wagner
21. Josh Giddey
22. Marcus Bagley
23. Greg Brown
25. Terrence Shannon
31. Filip Petrusev
36. Justin Champagnie
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#32 » by Catchall » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Filip Petrusev would be a solid pick at the end of the 1st round or in the 2nd round--if he's mobile enough to play at the 4. He's got good scoring instincts around the rim, can finish on rolls, can hit spot-up 3s, is a good passer in motion, and rebounds fairly well for a modern PF. He also plays with some competitive fire, which is an underrated attribute. I think he's a 1st-round quality prospect.

His talent level is close to Domantas Sabonis, imo, though he doesn't have quite the size and rebounding to pound the ball in the paint. Petrusev is more of a face-up player who uses long strides to get past defenders and extend to the rim.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore

Post#33 » by cashmachine » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 am

Catchall wrote:An ESPN (Insider) mock draft just came out. Here are some of the players I'm keeping tabs on:
16. Kai Jones
19. David Johnson
20. Franz Wagner
21. Josh Giddey
22. Marcus Bagley
23. Greg Brown
25. Terrence Shannon
31. Filip Petrusev
36. Justin Champagnie

Really like that list. What do you think about Roko Prkacin? He kinda reminds me of Bogey.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#34 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:58 pm

cashmachine wrote:
Catchall wrote:An ESPN (Insider) mock draft just came out. Here are some of the players I'm keeping tabs on:
16. Kai Jones
19. David Johnson
20. Franz Wagner
21. Josh Giddey
22. Marcus Bagley
23. Greg Brown
25. Terrence Shannon
31. Filip Petrusev
36. Justin Champagnie

Really like that list. What do you think about Roko Prkacin? He kinda reminds me of Bogey.

I don't know what to think about Roko. He has size and some toughness. He can handle and drive. I'm looking for NBA-level shooting and some playmaking, and I'm not sure if he's got it nor not.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore

Post#35 » by cashmachine » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Catchall wrote:
cashmachine wrote:
16. Kai Jones
19. David Johnson
20. Franz Wagner
21. Josh Giddey
22. Marcus Bagley
23. Greg Brown
25. Terrence Shannon
31. Filip Petrusev
36. Justin Champagnie

I don't know what to think about Roko. He has size and some toughness. He can handle and drive. I'm looking for NBA-level shooting and some playmaking, and I'm not sure if he's got it nor not.

I definitely think he can shoot. Not sure on the playmaking aspect though.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#36 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:31 pm

cashmachine wrote:
Catchall wrote:
cashmachine wrote:

He's extremely young and pretty impressive considering his age.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore

Post#37 » by cashmachine » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Catchall wrote:
cashmachine wrote:
Catchall wrote:

He's extremely young and pretty impressive considering his age.

The form looks good. Hopefully he can continue improving his shooting.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#38 » by Catchall » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 pm

It looks like the Jazz's FRP will fall in the #28 - #30 range. I don't really see any of the Eastern Conference teams catching the Jazz record-wise. In that range, I still like Marcus Bagley, Filip Petrusev and possibly the Champagnie brothers. I don't think either Texas prospect, Wagner or Giddey are likely to be available that late.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:48 am

I want Ayo Dosunmu desperately, I think he's worth sacrificing assets to move up for. I'm not really liking a lot of the guys people are talking about in this thread, though, which is strange, because as a board it seems like we seem to cluster around the same prospects. I do like Prkacin, though. He has that mean streak on drives young Chandler Parsons had.

JColl
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#40 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:04 am

I could see the jazz moving out and trading that pick. picking up couple seconds.

Return to Utah Jazz